Search for content in message boards

REEVES, FRY, BRADFORD

REEVES, FRY, BRADFORD

Connie Lark (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 2005 5:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: REEVES, FRY, BRADFORD
I am seeking information on the above families of Loudoun County, Virginia and surrounding areas. Her is what I have: Walter C. Reeves m. Nancy (last name unknown). Walter C. Reeves was born in 1807 in Prince William, Va. and died Oct 1872 in Loudoun County, Va. Also, Walters's son names William Walter Reeves b. 1848 in Fairfax, Va. d. 30 Apr 1927 in Westernport, Md., married Mary Fry on 11 Mar 1874 in Loudoun, Va. Mary Fry b. 1855 in Va., d. 22 Jan 1926 in Westernport, Md. Walter and Mary's son also names William Walter Reeves (possibly John W.W. Reeves) b. 01 Jan 1874 in Va. married Ruth C. Bradford from Broad Run, Loudoun County, Va. Ruth Bradford's parents were Webster Bradford and Mary Jenkins also Loudoun County, Va. Webster Bradford's parents were John Bradford and Antoinette Van Voorhees from NY. Any information on any of the above names would be appreciated. Will share what I have if we are researching any of the same families. Thanks, Connie (connielark@mindspring.com)

Re: REEVES, FRY, BRADFORD

Posted: 12 Jun 2005 9:16PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jul 2005 10:02PM GMT
The Van Voorhees new 2 Vol books have Annette Voorhees and husband John Bradford in Vol 2 on page 614. She was b. 27 March 1827 Montgomery Co., NY, d. 27 Feb 1875 Fairfax Co., VA at age 47. She m. John circa 1844. John was b. 20 Aug 1822 Montgomery Co., NY. Their three children were Webster b. 1847 Montgomery Co., NY, d. 1926, John R. b. Fairfax Co., VA: d. 1876, Howard b. 18 Dec 1867 Fairfax Co. married Etta Wheeler. He died 1899. That's all the info on the family except I have Annette's parents and ancestors.

Connie Lark (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jun 2005 2:35AM GMT
Gayle - Thank you for replying to my message. I am very much interested in the book you mentioned and also in any information that you have on the Van Voorhee family. Could you please send me some information on this book and if it is available for purchase. If you are researching the Reeves, Fry & Bradford families, I would be glad to share with you any information that I have. Again, Thanks for your interest. Connie Lark (connielark@mindspring.com)

Posted: 25 Jun 2005 2:16PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jul 2005 10:02PM GMT
The Van Voorhees website is: http://www.vanvoorhees.org/index.html I haven't looked at the site for a while so if you don't find who to contact about the books--let me know.
I am not researching the Reeves, Fry & Bradfords. I have the Van Voorhees books and try to help when I can. Annette/Ann Voorhees ancestors beginning with father are: John, Gerret, Andreas, Hendrick, Gerrit, Coert and Steven Van Voorhees from the Netherlands.

Connie (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jun 2005 12:42AM GMT
Thanks. Your help has been greatly appreciated.

Posted: 17 Jul 2005 10:00PM GMT
Connie, I have lots of information on the Fry, Frye, Frey family of Loudoun County. My grandmothers second husband and 5th cousin was a Fry and I have researched them back to 1711 in Germany. Let me know if I can help.
Jenny

Connie (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 2005 1:22PM GMT
Surnames: RE: REEVES, FRY, BRADFORD
Jennifer, I am a descendant of William Reeves and Mary Fry. Mary was the daughter of John & Sarah Fry. Any information that you may have on John & Sarah Fry's family and ancestors would be greatly appreciated. I believe Sarah was Sarah E. Baker, daughter of George Baker but I do not know her mother's name. Wm & Mary Reeves' son, William Walter Reeves married my grandmother Ruth C. Bradford. The family moved to Westernport, Md and settled in the Westernport, Md & Keyser, WV Area. Again any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Connie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions