Search for content in message boards

Samuel Coleman b 1794 Buckingham Co, VA

Samuel Coleman b 1794 Buckingham Co, VA

Posted: 4 Apr 2004 12:02AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: COLEMAN HARRIS
Does anyone have proof of Samuel Coleman's marriage? I believe he married a daughter of Robert Harris (b1778) named Malinda and am seeking proof. Does anyone have a will for Samuel? Does anyone know the names of all Robert Harris's children? A will for Robert Harris? Would love to make contact with a researcher for this Harris/Coleman line in Buckingham Co, VA (later Appomattox Co).

Re: Samuel Coleman b 1794 Buckingham Co, VA

Posted: 17 Apr 2004 6:21PM GMT
My Colemans are from the Buckingham Co. Va. area.I am not at home at the present time, so cannot get my files. I do have a wii of a Samuel Coleman that was found in an old chest. Keep my e-mail address and e-mail me in May.
Thanks,
Eleanor Coleman Duran

Posted: 4 May 2004 8:01PM GMT
Surnames: COLEMAN HARRIS BURKS
Hi there, Do you have a will for Samuel Coleman, son of Robert Coleman and Elizabeth Burks? With the aid of a nice lady in Appomattox, Hazel Lee Martin, I'm convinced this Samuel married Malinda Harris, daughter of Robert Harris and Frances Coleman. I don't have a death date for Malinda or Samuel. They just disappear from the census. Would love to have any additional info you can share.

Deborah Kay (View posts)
Posted: 5 May 2004 1:19PM GMT
Eleanor,

I, too, would be interested in your Samuel Coleman. He sold land to my 3rd great grandfather, Barnett MOON, in Amherst County, ca 1821/1826.

Would be delighted to hear any further details if you know of any to the Moon family. Also, trying to find the parents of one John S. Coleman who later marrieed Barnett's wife, Rosanna (Lawless), 1849.

Deborah Kay
http://hometown.aol.com/fsumom3471/myhomepage/MOON.html

Posted: 16 Nov 2004 9:17PM GMT
Surnames: Coleman, Trent, Anderson
In your documentation is there any mention of RT Coleman? He is an African American from Cumberland/Buckingham Counties VA. I have several documents that name a Samuel Coleman Attorney. I am looking for the origin of RT Coleman.

Posted: 10 Sep 2012 4:40PM GMT
Surnames: Coleman
R.Turner Coleman from Cumberland County, Va. was my great, great grandfather. He served as Justice of the Peace in Cumberland County, Va.. His father was Sam Coleman (Irish) and his mother was Martha Sims (Negro).

R. Turner Coleman was married to Martha Catherine Anderson . Their daughter was Mattie Henry Coleman, b. 1870 - d. 1951 who married to Archer Lee Trent, b. 1867 - d. 1916, my great grandparents.

Posted: 10 Sep 2012 5:09PM GMT
Surnames: COLEMAN
Hello, Thanks for writing. How does your line tie into mine?

Posted: 10 Sep 2012 5:24PM GMT
HI, Not sure yet . . . could your Samuel Coleman be R. Turner Coleman's father?

Posted: 10 Sep 2012 11:18PM GMT
The documents I have indicate R.T. Coleman's mother was a slave named Mary, and his father was his slave owner named Samuel A. Coleman who never married. I had heard from family that his father was a Judge Samuel Coleman, but the only one I found was his contemporary (in age)and they often did business together. I surmise that they were somehow related. R. T. was freed by his father in 1860. R.T. is my children's gr. gr grandfather through his son James T.Coleman.

Posted: 11 Sep 2012 2:39PM GMT
Surnames: COLMAN COLEMAN DANIEL
I looked in the census and found in Cumberland a Samuel A. Coleman (Colman) who appears to have owned many slaves. His ancestry connects with mine back in the 1600's - so a very distant relative. Look under Colman. Other trees say Samuel A's parents were Henry Colman and Mary Archer Daniel. Thanks for writing and good luck in your research.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions