Search for content in message boards

Anderson Hudson of Kanawha County West Virginia

Anderson Hudson of Kanawha County West Virginia

Gary Johnson (View posts)
Posted: 10 Sep 2002 10:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hudson, Parons
I am wondering if anyone has any information about Anderson Hudson of Kanawha County West Virginia. He was born around 1786 and his wife Sarah Clark was born around 1786. I am wondering if one of their children was Rebecca Hudson married to Ellis Parsons my great-great-great grandparents. Rebecca would have been born around 1810.

Thanks Gary

Re: Anderson Hudson of Kanawha County West Virginia

John W. Hudson (View posts)
Posted: 12 Sep 2002 8:46PM GMT
Dear Mr. Johnson,
Christopher Anderson HUDSON was b. ca. Mar. 30, 1783, near Lynchburg, in Campbell Co, VA. He d. ca. 1860. He married Sarah "Sally" CLARK who was b. ca. 1792, VA. Christopher Anderson HUDSON was son of Col. Christopher HUDSON and Sarah ANDERSON of Albemarle Co, VA.
Records reflect three children for Christopher Anderson HUDSON and Sarah CLARK, these being Samuel HUDSON, b. ca. 1816, Thompson HUDSON, b. ca. 1825, and Sarah HUDSON, b. ca. 1825. There seems to be no Rebecca HUDSON listed for them; however, the divergence of the dates of birth of the three named children might indicate there were other children, as yet not named in the records.
Did your ancestor, Rebecca (HUDSON) PARSONS marry in Kanawha Co, and do your records indicate she was born there ? Speculating that Rebecca is the daughter of Christopher Anderson HUDSON and Sarah "Sally" CLARK could be considered, possibly, but we do not see anything that might link her to them so far.

Sincerely,
John W. Hudson, Editor
HFA Bulletin
HUDSON Family Association

Posted: 2 Feb 2003 1:46AM GMT
Edited: 17 Feb 2003 2:28AM GMT
Gary,

Was looking through some old emails and I think I have the marriage record for George Parsons to Mary Ann Clark. If you need it let me know.

Tina Holley/tinaholley@charter.net

Gary (View posts)
Posted: 2 Feb 2003 5:27AM GMT
Tina.
I would love the information on George Parsons and Mary Ann Clark. Thank you

Gary

Posted: 27 Mar 2012 9:10PM GMT
I am descended from Anderson Hudson of Kanawha County through his son Joel Leftwich Hudson. Anderson Hudson testified in an affidavit dated 21 January 1856 that his father was John Hudson. John Hudson, according to Anderson, was a private in the Revolution (in the Virginia militia) and was drafted from Mecklenburg County, VA. According to Anderson, his father served three tours of three months each and was at the battle of Guildford Courthouse, NC.

Also according to Anderson, John Hudson lived in Mecklenburg County, VA, until 1806. John then moved to Kanawha County. From Kanawha County, John moved to Cabell County in 1813 and lived there until his death in August 1847. At the time of his death, three of John's children were living--Anderson, Lewis and Lucy. Lewis died soon after his father, and Lucy married John Chapman. Anderson reported that John Hudson was 83 when he died.

Posted: 6 May 2012 7:01PM GMT
hi my name is brian, anderson is my 4 time my great grandfather and was married to sarah clark and did live in kanawha county. dont know if they had a girl, but i do know
of three son samuel, andrew,thomas. if i can be of help just let me know . thanks brian c. hudson
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions