Search for content in message boards

Hunter family links ( looking for native american links & info)

Hunter family links ( looking for native american links & info)

Posted: 24 May 2002 4:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hunter, Skaggs, Risner
I am looking for information regarding the Hunter family line which emigrated from Ohio-Iowa-Tennessee-Kentucky-Ga-Texas into Oklahoma, back also in "Indian territory."
John Hunters' sons and daughters were of Native american descent..I am looking for links, sources for information..One particular line of our familys' name was Bina or Benny or Ben Hunter, Benahanta, Pischabbi, William, some of the females names were MINERVA JANE HUNTER SHE MArried a Skaggs..There was also a Tennesee Risner, (I hope spelled right.) will be pleased to exchange info...thanx

Re: Hunter family links ( looking for native american links & info)

Posted: 28 May 2002 4:56PM GMT
Edited: 16 Jul 2002 7:39PM GMT
Surnames: Hunter, Largent
My grandmother was a Hattie emaline Hunter. she first married John Lee then latter married Emmitt poindexter Largent.I have more information on Hattie than to say that her mother was full blooded cherokee. I dont know her name.hope you (or someone) con help me in this hunt.

thanks Dale
e-mail dalel03@hotmail.com

Posted: 15 Jun 2002 12:01AM GMT
Edited: 21 Aug 2002 12:26AM GMT
Surnames: Hunter
Hi,
I read your query. I am researching my g-g-g-grandparents John and Nancy Hunter. They had 3 children. Minervia Jane Hunter, Margaret Hunter and a son name unknown to us. It was said that they were Indian. Could this be any connection to your line?
Thanks Tracy
TracySalas208@msn.com

eakes & scott & HUNTER (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jun 2002 1:03PM GMT
Surnames: Hunter, Skaggs
Hello cousin,

MINERVA JANE HUNTER married a J. Skaggs.
MINERVA JANE HUNTER WAS my gggrandmother..
HUNTER, SKAGGS, SCOTT, DAMRON, FISHER, THOMPSON, STANDLEY, WORKMAN, EAKES,

Posted: 19 Jun 2002 12:57AM GMT
Hello, Was Minerva Jane Hunter married to a John Hunter prior to marrage to Skaggs? I have a Minerva who married a John Hunter In Iowa...where they raised their children. Any help you may be willing to share would be great.

Posted: 19 Jun 2002 2:57AM GMT
Edited: 21 Aug 2002 12:26AM GMT
Surnames: Hunter, Robinson
Hi,
My Minervia was the daughter of John and Nancy Hunter. She married a Joe Robinson in Williamsburg,KY. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Tracy

bob hunter (View posts)
Posted: 5 Oct 2002 6:15AM GMT
minerva jane hunter was born on aug 28 1847 and married jake skaggs from lone grove okla on 2-20-1868. she passed away on 1-4-1952. this information was listed on a family history that my aunt had done. the only native american link that I could find was that minerva's aunt(elizabeth hunter) was supposedly killed by indians in fannin co. texas. Our particular branch on the hunter family did eventually marry into the choctaw tribe much later. her mother was mary damron and her father was john f hunter. she had brothers named george t, john m, joseph c, william and sisters sara a , lisha ,mary felicia, tennie,martha and josie. again, this is all from a family history workup that my aunt commissioned and I can't vouch for its authenticity except for the recent entries,

Posted: 26 Jun 2007 5:05AM GMT
Surnames: Hunter
my father is Roy wallace hunter/my grandfather was george washington hunter/my great grandfather was benny hunter. This sounds like there may be some relation as you mentioned the benahantabee which was my great grandfather's choctaw name. Tennessee Risner is my great grandmother, she was of german descent. I know where the family graveyard is located where her and Benny's graves rest. The Jane you are referring to sound like it may be my great aunt. I believe her name was also King at one time. I have access to several records including the roll number for george. Great Grandfather Benny died before the rolls were created.

Posted: 17 Dec 2013 9:50PM GMT
Edited: 17 Dec 2013 10:29PM GMT
Surnames: Risner/Hunter
If this is the one you're looking for: Bennie "Bina Ahanta-Bina Ahantubbi" Hunter and Tennessee "Risner" Hunter. they are my Great Great Grandparents! Bennie was born in Mississippi (1809) traveled the "trail of tears" died in (1887) buried in Hunter Springs Cemetery, Bryan County, Oklahoma. and is a registered Choctaw.Tennessee(Risner)Hunter, Also traveled the "trail of tears" which means she was also Native American. she was born in Warren County, Tennessee. to George Wesley and Mary Rebecca(Bonner)Risner. Bennie and Tennessee at the time lived in Choctaw Nation, Blue County Oklahoma. had around 8 kids, But I only found 6! Thomas W. Hunter:1869-1944,Bettie E. Hunter:1882-1895,George Hunter,Eunice Hunter: ?-1881,Their daughter, Mary, was the mother of Choctaw Chief Dwight. and my Great Grand Mother: Callie Estelle (Hunter) Wilkerson.I haven't found Bennie's relatives yet! Tennessee's parents I mentioned above, her mother possibly died before/or on the trail of tears! and her Grand parents "mothers parents"are John and Elizabeth Bonner. as for Minerva Jane Hunter: born Oct.16,1851-1911 Montgomery County, Missouri. Died April 12, 1911 Fulton Callaway County, Missouri. Married Alfred Burton Hunter Sept. 19 1883. Mother of: Rev. Edwin Alfred Hunter and Baylis Edwin Hunter born Jan. 1893. Daughter of: Elizabeth G.(Smith) (born 1819-1882 in Kentucky) and W.W. Crockett (born ? in Virginia, Died Feb.9,1880 in Missouri) and 1 brother: Ed. A. Crockett (1855-1886) Portland,Callaway County, Missouri. Hope that helps you on the right track!

Posted: 31 Jan 2014 9:16PM GMT
i am in the hunter line and would like more info if available on indian ancestors. john alson eldin hunter > alson eldin hunter> john farmer hunter sr> john farmer hunter jr. Everyone in my familly says there is indian somewhere and im wondering WHERE???? lol my direct email is ebeller75@gmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic