Search for content in message boards

QUALTER NEE COEN

QUALTER NEE COEN

Bob Earl (View posts)
Posted: 28 May 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Seeking any information on the surnames QUALTER, NEE, COEN all from County Galway.

Kearns/Kerins/Kearins & Geraghty

Jackie Kearns Donnelly (View posts)
Posted: 27 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
These 2 families are from Ballyboy, Gort, Co. Galway any information would be appreciated.

Mothers Family Coen

Thomas D'Auria (View posts)
Posted: 25 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Coen
My mother's family(Coen) is from Galway.John F(B181888),Mary E(Whitford)B111890.Both born in USA NJ.

COEN

Tom D'Auria (View posts)
Posted: 3 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: COEN John
born in Gort about 1800. He left at 4 months old. His father was a "hatter"

Re: QUALTER NEE COEN

Posted: 20 Mar 2002 1:09PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Edited: 18 Apr 2002 7:53AM GMT
Surnames: COEN_HANRAHAN_O'BRIEN
MARY COEN

MARY COEN married TIMOTHY HANRAHAN in about 1866.

ISSUE: MARY HANRAHAN (DOB approx 1868), BRIDGET "DELIA" HANRAHAN, AND KATIE.

Posted: 23 Sep 2002 2:14AM GMT
Edited: 18 Nov 2002 2:39AM GMT
Was Mary Coen born in 1842 with parents being Martin Coen and Margaret Ansbro? This Mary Coen had a brother Brian (B1856) who married a Bridget "Delia" Craven who had my great grandmother Mary Coen (B ABT 1887).

Anne Greaney (View posts)
Posted: 10 Dec 2002 4:37PM GMT
I might have a little bit of info for you. I just found out that my G- grandmother was a Judy Qualter. My best guess is that she was born in the mid 1800s. She was married to Peter Greaney. They had 4 children grow to adulthood and they lived in Cahirmorris, Co. Galway. He was a landowner-?-
My Grandmother was a Bridget Coen from Cappagh ( near Newbridge), Co. Galway. Her father was Martin Coen and her mother was Julia Mcloughlin. He was a laborer. My grandmother had 2 sisters and 2 brothers .All the girls emigrated to NY . One brother went to England and the other stayed in Ireland.

Re: COEN of galway

jackie (View posts)
Posted: 12 Aug 2004 3:00AM GMT
Surnames: coen
I am also researching Coens in Galway. Specifically, I am looking for Ellen Coen who married Thomas Feeney around 1875. Two of their daughters, Mary and Elizabeth, came to NY around 1900. Another daughter, Bridget, stayed in Galway.

Posted: 27 Aug 2004 4:08PM GMT
Jackie, We have a Thomas Coen (later changed to Cowen) from Ranamacken, Galway, IRE. who was married to Fannie. They had a son, Jack, & she died soon after giving birth to him in IRE. Thomas left baby Jack with Fannie's parents to raise, Jack married a Nellie & went to US and landed at Ellis Island around 1900/01, had a sister, Francis, who picked them up there &.went to Brooklyn. Evantually ended up in Mass. Does any of this sound familiar to you????? If so, please write me at casu01@aol.com

Posted: 2 Sep 2008 11:35PM GMT
Surnames: Cummins/Commins/Coen/Nee/Feeney/and more.
I have Coen's from Co. Galway in my family tree. Bridget Feeney married William Coen. Patrick Coen married Catherine Nee. Bridget Coen married Owen Commins/Cummins.
Does anyone have these names in their research?
Place names in Co. Galway: Oranmore, Ardrahan, Caheradrine,Ballynaquill, Creggannamore, and others.
Thank you! Theresa
per page

Find a board about a specific topic