Search for content in message boards

Sticklers in Madison

Sticklers in Madison

Lorinda (View posts)
Posted: 14 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stickler
I am in search of information on Jacob Stickler b. 3/1801 PA, d. 5/25/1871 buried in Winterset Cemetery married in Stark Co. Ohio, moved to Indiana for awhile,,,,
Rachael Barket b. 1800 PA, d. 9/9/1879 also buried in Winterset cemetery. Any information on them would be appreciated. I am actually seeking their parents names... or siblings. Believe I have the lines down,,, their children etc. or most of them. Just fishing,,,, thanks!

Re: Sticklers in Madison

Posted: 26 Sep 2001 1:05AM GMT
I am looking for any info on Elizabeth Strickler married in Madison county in 1861 to Jacob Traster. Her father was Sam
Strickler from Ohio. Elizabeth's mother was Katie Harrold. Elizabeth died and is buried in Hopkins Missour.
She had 2 brothers Nathanel and John and a sister Sarah who was married to a Worl. Does this fit with anything you have?????????

visa5 (View posts)
Posted: 12 Oct 2001 9:50PM GMT
Surnames: Traster
Do you have any more info about Jacob Traster. I believe he died before 1900, because he was not on that year's census with Elizabeth.

Lorinda (View posts)
Posted: 14 Oct 2001 6:50AM GMT
I am sorry but I have not looked much at Elizabeth or Jacob Traster.....best wishes.....good luck!

Posted: 14 Oct 2001 1:11PM GMT
Edited: 4 Feb 2002 7:00PM GMT
I have a Jacob Trester who is a son of James and Anna of Madison County Iowa. Could this be the same James--only with a different spelling?

Posted: 2 Nov 2001 12:50AM GMT
Jacob Traster is my g-grandfather. He was born in Ohio or Pa. about 1831. He was listed in Iowa censuses up to 1885.
Jacob married Elizabeth Strickler in Madison County Iowa
February 1861. Elizabeth was listed as a widow on the 1900 Nodaway County Missouri census, she died 18 Sept.
1914 & is buried in Hopkins, Missouri. Her obit was listed as Elizabeth Strickler and said she had moved to Hopkins 30 years before. I believe that Jacob was the son of John and
Sarah (Oberholt) Traster, John died and is buried at Saddorus, Illinois. Please E-mail for more :o)

debra brewer (View posts)
Posted: 2 Nov 2001 2:14AM GMT
Surnames: traster

Jacob and Elizabeth Traster were my G-G-Grandparents.
I made a trip to Hopkins Mo last week and found a lot of dates that I didn't have from the cemetery records.
I was hoping to find info on Jacob.
Do you know when and where Jacob Traster died?
What county and township in Iowa did you find Jacob?
I found in the Madison Co. Iowa marriages that Jacob and Elizabeth were married March 7, 1861.
Thank you Debra.

Glenn Frank (View posts)
Posted: 2 Nov 2001 5:47PM GMT
Surnames: STICKLER STIFFLER BYARS, CLANTON
Hi Steve,

I have a few family lines that came from Madison County, IA and when you mentioned the surname "STICKLER" it made me go and look in my files for something that sounded familiar.

I have a family that lived in Madison County, IA by the surname of "STIFFLER" (seems that they were there for a few generations and were quite prolific. There were a number of STIFFLERs who married siblings of some of my ancestors. So I am not directly related to any of the STIFFLERS, but they seemed to travel with my direct ancestors. Several of them moved from Madison County to California with other families such as the CLANTON and BYARS families.

Anyway.. I thought you might do some searching on the surname variation of STIFFLER rather than STICKLER and see if you find anything about your "Elizabeth". I have one Elizabeth STIFFLER in my files but she was born about 1801 and would have been to old to be your Elizabeth. But seeing as how there are so many STIFFLERs there... you might find that your Elizabeth's name was STIFFLER.

Glenn Frank

Debra Brewer (View posts)
Posted: 2 Nov 2001 8:18PM GMT
Surnames: traster, strickler
Thanks for the info, but my Elizabeth is Strickler. I found her buried in Hopkins, Mo.

steve (View posts)
Posted: 5 Nov 2001 12:41AM GMT
Jacob was in Madison county in the 1870 census with Elizabeth, Sarah, Henry,William 7 Samuel. Also Elizabeth's
mother Catherine her brothers Nathaniel,John and sister
Sarah are there also. Please E-mail me direct, as I have obits and so forth about most of the family.

Thanks

Steve
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions