Search for content in message boards

Info on Buxton's Desperately Wanted

Info on Buxton's Desperately Wanted

Posted: 13 Dec 2002 9:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Apr 2004 2:49AM GMT
Surnames: Buxton, Strother, Johnson, Doyle
The Oakdale area always comes up when I learn something new on the Buxton's. I know there are still Buxton's living in the Oakdale area and a Buxton reunion is held there at least every other year. I hope someone can help me. I have hit a brick wall that I can't seem to penetrate.

Seeking any information on Valentine "Tine" Buxton who lived in the Oakdale area. Tine was named as an accomplice in a shooting on May 25, 1896, and served time in Angola Prison.(Angola verified that he had served time there, they just couldn't or wouldn't tell me when). His brother Salvan (Savine, Sylvan) was also acused, but I don't how the disposition of the case against him turned out. Two Johnson cousins were also involved in the case. I think both of them served time.

Valentine was first married a Sophia Strother (daughter of Frank Strother and Mary Willis) and later married Polly Ann Johnson (daughter of W.O. Johnson and Melissa Wisby). Both Valentine and Polly Ann are buried at Oakhill Cemetery at Oakdale. Would like to know where Sophia is buried.

Also seeking info on one of Valentine's and Sophia's son's, Sherrod "Shirley" Buxton married first to Lucinda Doyle and later to Ellen Johnson. Any information regarding this family (ancestors and descendants) would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Info on Buxton's Desperately Wanted

Carolyn (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 2003 11:41AM GMT
If you will contact me directly at pcrcl@aol.com I will try to help. I know someone in this line and will try to help.

Posted: 15 Feb 2007 3:46AM GMT
Surnames: buxton
hi i am lori buxton laprairie my father was earl buxton his parent were william h buxton and his wife was vicie doyal/doyel i have been to the reunion alot as a child many were even held at my uncles buck's house {william buxton jr.) we lived in pitkin and my family grandfather ,grandmother and dad are buried in this cemetary and do remember a aunt lucinda but i was young i didn't know she was married to a buxton i will ask my aunt sintha more info and email it back to you

Posted: 15 Feb 2007 3:53AM GMT
i'm sorry grandfather was william m buxton 1930 census shows marriage to vicie and 3 of their children

Posted: 25 Feb 2007 7:53PM GMT
My records that your grandfather was the son of Dew and Synthy Buxton. I have been searching and searching for the parents of Dew Buxton. His death certificate says that his mother was Alzeny Buxton, but no father is given. I have heard many different stories, but nothing that can be documented. Is there any family still alive that might know the truth? Is there a family Bible or anything with records? I am curious because I know that Dew (Duriman) spent a lot of time with my ggreat grandfather, Valentine B. Buxton. I have heard that they were brothers, step brothers, and that Valentine was his uncle. Can you clear any of this confusion?

Donna

Posted: 29 Mar 2007 2:40AM GMT
i believe that valentine buxton 8 yrs olds 1850 census was the son of polly buxton born 1800 or 1799 and that polly was also dews father who was william buxton father my grandfather. yes my aunt sintha in pitkin and my uncle william "buck" buxton said they would get me the info.

Posted: 19 Jul 2007 1:27AM GMT
i found my dads bible like you suggested it shows dew buxton ,tine buxton,harrison buxton as brothers .finally a answer my email is chachabaybay@aim.com my gg parent were dew married to sintha coker 2 siblings johnny and bryant coker parents john and rosaline {snoody}.g father william buxton married vicie dyal/dyel her parents were napoleon{poley}dyal/dyel wife loucinda claud/cloud. earl buxton my father wm buxton and vicie dyal son.

Posted: 31 Jul 2007 1:27AM GMT
I tried emailing you at the email address you provided but it bounced back to me. Email me at d_blaisdell@yahoo.com. Are there date of births or dates of deaths with Tine and Harrison's names? Are any other siblings listed?

Posted: 19 Nov 2007 2:09PM GMT
Surnames: Coker
Your Grandmother Sintha Coker (Buxton) was my great grandfather's sister. His name was William Bryant Coker. I would love to exchange more info with you.

Posted: 19 Nov 2007 2:22PM GMT
Was just wondering if you were related to Alfred Durelee Buxton. His mother's maiden name was Lola Coker and her father was William Bryant Coker.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions