Search for content in message boards

Augustus Williams, Sr.

Augustus Williams, Sr.

Posted: 30 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 30 Jun 2001 9:00PM GMT
Surnames: Williams, Woodard, Simein, Moye, Gee

WILLIAMS

Funeral services for Augustus Williams, Sr., 65, of Houston, will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 15 at Bethlehem Christian Church in Cedar Lake with the Rev. K.W. Bree officiating. Burial will follow at Bethlehem Cemetery.

Visitation and memorial services will be from 6-9 p.m. Friday, Jan. 14 at University Christian Church in Houston with the Rev. Byron Singleton officiating.

He passed away Sunday, Jan 9, 2000 in Houston. He was born in Cedar Lake on Friday, Aug. 24, 1934 to Joel Williams, Sr. and Clarinda Gee Williams.

He attended Cedar Lake Elementary School and graduated from O.H. Herman High School in Van Vleck in 1953. He received his bachelor of science degree in history in 1956 at Paririe View A&M University. In 1957, he was inducted into the U.S. Army through the ROTC Program at Praiarie View A&M as a first lieutenant and received the rank of captain before his discharge in 1958. He remained on the active reserve status until 1962.

He returned to Houston and attended Texas Southern University and earned his master's degree in counseling. His teaching career in Houston ISD began in 1960. The schools he was affiliated with were: Kashmere High School, Hartman Middle School, Woodson Middle School, where he served as counselor for the last 27 years.

Augustus was a deacon and served on numerous committees at the University Christian Church in Houston until his death.

Survivors include: two sons, Agustus Williams, Jr., and Christopher Williams of Houston; wife, Karen of Missouri City; three grandchildren, Brandon Williams of Houston, Krizia Williams of Dallas and Tiera Williams of Cedar Lake; four sisters, Girtha Woodard and husband Horace of Cedar Lake, Tena Simien and husband, Hilbert of Sweeny, Faye Woodard and Wihelm Moye; and a number of nieces and nephews.

Arrangements are with Duncan-Roberts Funeral Home.

THE DAILY TRIBUNE
Matagorda County, Texas
Friday, 14 Jan 2000

Re: Augustus Williams, Sr.

Posted: 24 May 2012 3:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello my name is vashti gore I have family from down that way . My mother is name faye phillips -gore, I had an aunt name jackie phillips and an uncle named james phillips. My great grandmother was name frances gee, and she married a phillips. My grandfather was named andrew phillips. Just trying to find more of my family. He is buried behind a church called bethlem along with my aunt jackie. Please reply if you feel like we might be related.

Posted: 24 May 2012 3:50PM GMT
Hello my name is vashti gore I have family from down that way . My mother is name faye phillips -gore, I had an aunt name jackie phillips and an uncle named james phillips. My great grandmother was name frances gee, and she married a phillips. My grandfather was named andrew phillips. Just trying to find more of my family. He is buried behind a church called bethlem along with my aunt jackie. Please reply if you feel like we might be related.

Posted: 24 May 2012 3:53PM GMT
Surnames: woodard,gee,phillips

Posted: 25 May 2012 11:25AM GMT
Surnames: GEE, PETTEWAY, MACK, WARD, FLETCHER
Vashti,

I am doing Gee Family research in Matagorda and Brazoria counties. Your great aunt Emma Phillips was married to my uncle Albert Petteway. I grew up in Cedar Lake. I have quite a bit of information about the Gee family. Please contact me.

Posted: 25 May 2012 5:12PM GMT
hello, hello i am so happy to hear this , my email is vashtigore@gmail.com or 9796653055.

thank you so much

Posted: 25 May 2012 5:16PM GMT
wow i am so happy to hear that some one can give me some history on my grandfathers side . can't wait
per page

Find a board about a specific topic