Search for content in message boards

Stachota, Armbrust

Stachota, Armbrust

Posted: 25 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Jan 2006 3:54AM GMT
Surnames: Strachota, Armbrust
I am trying to find any information on the family of Agnes Strachota. I believe she was from the Stratford area. She was married to William Armbrust. Any information would be wonderful.

Agnas Strachota

Barb Kennedy (View posts)
Posted: 15 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Strachota, Hall, Armbrust
Just in case you are still looking.

Agnas Strachota Armbrust was my mother's sister. She was born in Stratford around 1900. Her father was Peter Strachota who died in April or May 1920 and her mother was Agnas Hall who died in Nov 1959. Both parents came from the St. Kilian, Asford, Fond du Lac area. Agnas had 9 brothers and sisters all born bewteen 1900 and 1920. Agnas was the oldest. I am not sure of the order except for my mother who was the youngest. There was Esther, who never married and died in Sept 1980, Alice, who married Jerome Kostner died around 1985, Laura, who died around 1914 when she was 12, Lucile who died in April 1969, Leonard died around 1912 at less than 2 years, Walter died in 1966, Helen married Michael Dobrich and died sometime around 1990, Peter who still lives and my mother Genevieve.

Agnas had around 9 or 10 kids. She lived most of her married life in Medford, WI.

I don't have much information on Peter Strachota, I believe he was born sometime around 1876. He and Agnas Hall were married in September of 1899. Agnas Hall was born around 1878, her father was Michael Hall b. 9/29/1829 d. 2/22/1901 buried in St Martin's Cemetary in Ashford Wi.and his father was Wilhelm hall b. 2/2/1784 d. 5/27/1868 also buried at St Martin's. The Hall's came from Zulpich or Sinzinich Germany. The Strachota's came from somewhere in Bohemia.

Strachota Information

Posted: 16 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 2:35AM GMT
Surnames: STRACHOTA

Hi Barb,
I just saw your post to the Marathan Co. list. I just reviewed the Stratford Journal for the years 1946-1956 and saw lots of information on the Strachota family. Had I realized you were looking for that information I would have copied it for you, but at that time I didn't know. I got the Stratford Journal on interlibrary loan through the Wisconsin State Historical Society. I don't know where you are located, but I know some of this information you are looking for, in the form of Obituaries, weddings,etc. would be in this newspaper. It is a weekly paper, so it is quite fast to go through it. If you or someone in your family can request this paper,you will find much additional information to add ot your family history.

Sincerely,
Patti Laessig

Jacques Meurett

Posted: 16 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jul 2001 6:24PM GMT
Surnames: Meuret, Meurett, LeDuc, Koepp, Voltz
Looking for connection between LeDuc, Voltz, and Meuret who all immigrated from Belfort area of Eastern France in 1800's and resided in Marathon County.

Strachotas in Stratford, WI

Posted: 8 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 2:35AM GMT
Surnames: Strachota
Glad to help! I've been reviewing the microfilms and will copy significant articles (obits and things) that I think are important and either post them here or send them to you directly. The paper goes back to 1916. Earlier editions were destroyed in a fire. I'm in the mid 40s in my search now and going backward. There were Kennedys there too. Are your Kennedys from that area? Patti
Posted: 8 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Feb 2003 7:29PM GMT
Surnames: Strachota
Patti,

Thanks for the pointer. I am trying to arrange the interlibray loan. Since the Strachotas have been in the Stratford area for around 100 years, I should have thought of the paper. But, I'm just getting started on this search.

Thanks again.

Re: Stachota, Armbrust

Posted: 3 Jan 2013 4:31PM GMT
Surnames: Armbrust, Strachota
Hello,
Agnes Strachota is the mother-in-law of my grand aunt; William Armbrust is indeed her husband. William's son Robert married my grand aunt.

I see that subsequent posts have provided you with much additional information. Please feel free to browse my family tree (Schiller Forest) for the following lineage of Agnes, whose ancestors are from Pulice, Czechoslovakia (listed in ancestor order from her father:)
Peter Alios 1874-1920
John or Johann 1840-1890
Johann 1812-1879
Michal (no birth or death info)
Georg 1750-1801
Adam 1720-1797
Jirzikh 1700-1769
per page

Find a board about a specific topic