Search for content in message boards

William and Minnie Felker

William and Minnie Felker

Posted: 4 Jun 2005 11:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for info on William and Minnie Felker, their children were Lee, Wesley, Nettie, Jim and Ima (?). William was born between 1881 to 1883 (going by census records). Minnie was born between 1889 to 1891. I know they lived in Blythville Arkansa at one time, and Minnie died there. Any info would be appreciated. e-mail: selder1us@yahoo.com

Re: William and Minnie Felker

Posted: 8 Jun 2005 10:50PM GMT
Surnames: FELKER, TAYLOR
I may have some information for you on William FELKER. This is not my direct line, but my great-grandmother's sister, Nancy Ellen TAYLOR married Sherman FELKER. One of their children was William born 14 Feb 1885. He was born in Missouri, probably either Stoddard or Dunklin counties. According to the Social Security Death Index, he died in Mississippi in March 1966. I have not done much research on the FELKER line, but I did find the 1880 census with Sherman and his parents and siblings in Dunklin County, MO and I have the 1900 census with Sherman's new family in Stoddard County, MO. I have also looked up the children on the SSDI and have found several listed. Since FELKER is not a common name, there isn't much problem finding the ones you're looking for--if they are listed.

I hope this helps. If you need more information, please let me know.
Nancy

Posted: 26 Aug 2012 2:09AM GMT
Surnames: Felker
I am also looking for a death date and burial location of William (I think somewhere around Blytheville, Arkansas, between 1930 and 1940). Minnie died 1974 and is buried in Dogwood Cemetery in Blytheville. Children were Jim, Ima, Wesley, Lee, and Nettie. I need a death date and location to order a death certificate. I believe William was my great grandmother's brother. Her name was Stella Felker Healy Robertson, born 1888, Evansville, Indiana.

Posted: 27 Aug 2012 1:41PM GMT
Looking at the information I have found between the time I last replied on this thread and today, it looks like the William in my Felker line is not the same as you are looking for. "My" William was born 12 Feb 1885 in Stoddard County, Missouri, and died 16 Sep 1967 in Scott County, Missouri. He was married to Lina M Davis (1892-1951) on 27 Nov 1927 in Stoddard County. Both are buried in Stoddard County. From what I have found, they have never lived in Arkansas.

Posted: 27 Aug 2012 2:43PM GMT
Is your William Felker the son of John Shannon Felker?

Posted: 27 Aug 2012 3:55PM GMT
I am trying to prove that he is the son of George H Felker and Sarah Rachel McNeely of Warrick Co., IN. In 1910, a William Felker was living with his mother Sarah R. Bunch who had remarried by this time, in Posey Co., IN. He was 28 years old and a widower. By 1920 he was in Poinsett Co. AR, with wife Minnie, and by 1930 in Mississippi Co., AR. I believe that in 1900 he was in New Lisbon, Stoddard Co., MO living as a boarder and not related to the other Felkers in the area. I am extremely interested in getting his death date and location to get a death certificate to prove who his parents are.

Posted: 27 Aug 2012 6:21PM GMT
Yes. I am not directly related to the Felkers in Stoddard and Dunklin Counties, but my great-grandmother's sister was Nancy Ellen Taylor, John Shannon's first wife.

Posted: 27 Aug 2012 6:24PM GMT
Then he is definitely not the same William Felker as in my family line. I will watch for information on him as I work on the Felker line and if I find anything that might be of use, I will let you know. Good luck in your search!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions