Search for content in message boards

John McGinley and cousin Patrick Ferry

John McGinley and cousin Patrick Ferry

Terri Friedhoff (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jan 2005 8:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ferry, Hartman and McGinley
I am seeking information about John McCinley. I do not have very much info on him other than what my ggUncle wrote years ago. He was writing about his father, Patrick Ferry, and wrote:

"Came to Indiana in 1869-January 1, to visit John McGinley who was a cousin. LIved on Seth May place close to Joel Amick's place. McGinley moved to Indianapolis, but Ferry remained in Scipio to work on Scipio brick Schoolhouse, 1869."

Patrick Ferry's parents were Peter and Rose Ferry of Dunfannigan, County Dongal, Ireland. I am hoping that more information of John McGinley may lead me to more info about Peter and Rose Ferry.

Re: John McGinley and cousin Patrick Ferry

Mick McGinley (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jan 2005 3:28PM GMT
I believe the town in County Donegal your are looking for is Dunfanghy. There are a lot of McGinley's and Ferry's from that area.

Terri Friedhoff (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jan 2005 8:25PM GMT
Thanks, I knew about the name difference but for some reason in the notes that my Uncle wrote he stated that it is now called Dunfanghy. So, I am not sure if Patrick referred to it as Dunnfannigan or if there was a name change, mistake or something. I was just hoping that there is a McGinley family in Indiana or from Indiana that may have ties to Patrick Ferry that resided in Scipio, Jennings County, Indiana. I know it is a long shot but unfortunately this is the only information I have on John. I just figured that if Patrick traveled to visit John from Pennsylvania in the 1800's then they must have had a relationship of some kind. Like I said, Just a long shot..... Thanks for trying to help.

Posted: 2 Jul 2007 2:58PM GMT
I have read your post and I am interested because my great grandfather was John McGinley, I know there are alot of Johns, he came to Wisconsin with his father and brothers. He came fron Donegal as well. Just a thought!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions