Search for content in message boards

Weeksbury, KY

Weeksbury, KY

Shirley Meade Rineer (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Meade, Burke, Johnson
I am interested in corresponding with someone who lives in Weeksbury, Ky. I was born and raised in Weeksbury in a holler known as Skull Holler. I have been gone since the early 60s but all my childhood memories are there and would love to correspond with someone who could tell me about Weeksbury now and find out if any of my many cousins or other family members still live there. My maternal grandparents were from Weeksbury also. Their names were Willam Birchfield Burke and Louisa Johnson Burke.

Re: Weeksbury, KY

quetta johnson mullins (View posts)
Posted: 19 Oct 2001 6:05AM GMT
Surnames: Johnson Hall Mead Rice
Hi,Ms, Shirley Mead. I Myself am from Weeksbury,but now live in Tenn,.I keep in touch with familey there as much as I can.As a matter of a fact,I'm going home this weekend to see my Dad.Perry Johnson.I was raised in Caleb Fork,and moved to Prestonsburg in 1980,Then moved to Tenn,in 1994.I miss home a lot of the time.I cant wait to see the color of the fall leaves on those big mountions.My Dad knows a lot about Weeksbury, I plan on writing some of the history of the place and also the familey tree.Did you know that the name for Weeksbury used to be Rail Ky,?And that they have torn down the old Weeksbury school? It has changed a lot,but it will always be home.

Re: Weeksbury, KY

Posted: 20 Oct 2001 3:48AM GMT
Hi Quetta: Hope you don't mind a first name basis. Thanks for replying. It has been a long time since I posted the inquiry so was surprised to get an answer. I was raised up in the right hand fork of Skull Holler in Weeksbury. I haven't been able to visit since 1983. I now live on the East Coast in Virginia but before that, our family moved to Ohio during my sophomore year in high school at Wheelwright. I don't know if your family would know any of mine but just to let you know a little family history. My parents were Kermit Meade and Marcella Burke Meade. My mother's parents were Birchfield and Louise Burke, who also lived up Skull. I would love to visit again but I would hate to see Weeksbury School missing. After your visit, if you have a chance, please write back and tell me about it. I envy you getting to see it this time of year. Fall was one of the best times down there and I have so many wonderful memories. The only family I have living in Weeksbury that I know of is Lizzie Thornsberry. She lives in that row of houses just above where the school house use to be. Again, thanks for replying.

oh my gosh, i can not believe it someone from my family

Posted: 28 Feb 2002 4:33AM GMT
lizzie thornsbury is my g aunt,,and to hear some one talk of grandpaw and grand maw burke ,who live in what i know as THE HEAD OF SKULL..,, MY MOTHER IS EDITH BURKE HALL,HER FATHER WAS BOSE BURKE SON OF BIRCHFIELD AND LOUISE BURKE.PLEASE ANSWER BACK , MY MOTHER IS 78 YEARS OLD NOW..HER SISTER MALISSA BLEVINS JUST LOST HER HUSBAND VIRGIL IN NOVEMBER.PLEASEEEEE EMAIL ME BACK..LINDA MAE

oh my gosh, i can not believe it someone from my family

Posted: 28 Feb 2002 4:33AM GMT
lizzie thornsbury is my g aunt,,and to hear some one talk of grandpaw and grand maw burke ,who live in what i know as THE HEAD OF SKULL..,, MY MOTHER IS EDITH BURKE HALL,HER FATHER WAS BOSE BURKE SON OF BIRCHFIELD AND LOUISE BURKE.PLEASE ANSWER BACK , MY MOTHER IS 78 YEARS OLD NOW..HER SISTER MALISSA BLEVINS JUST LOST HER HUSBAND VIRGIL IN NOVEMBER.PLEASEEEEE EMAIL ME BACK..LINDA MAE

Re: oh my gosh, i can not believe it someone from my family

Posted: 1 Mar 2002 2:46AM GMT
Hi...So surprised to hear from someone. I posted this message some time ago. You are a first cousin to my mom, so I guess that makes us second cousins. I am Birchfield and Louise Burke's granddaughter. My mom is Marcella Burke Meade and she was the youngest sister of Bose, your grandpa, so hello cousin. I'd love to hear from you and all about where life has taken you. I just recently found out about Melissa's husband, Virgil passing away but apparently it was a few weeks ago. I live in Virginia so do not hear all the news as it happens in Ohio. Write when you have time and tell me all about you and your family and I promise to answer.

Posted: 1 Mar 2002 5:00AM GMT
Edited: 15 Apr 2005 5:34PM GMT
hi cuz, small world, huh? it was so wonderful hearing from you, what are the chances of finding your first cousin on line? GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY I WILL EMAIL YOU SOON. LINDA MAE

Posted: 19 Jul 2010 8:36PM GMT
Surnames: Meade
What Meade Line are u- i have cousins up there i am 69 years old and have been out of state for years
iGrew up at Meade hill it is now a football field
and went to Wheelwright school
Just love findin any of our meade line
Pat Meade

Posted: 20 Jul 2010 10:51AM GMT
I will tell oyou who helped me and was Robie Prater he helped me find my sister and ended up with 3 brothers. He will help you I will answer any qqqquestion I can. Go to my tree Mead Family. Linda
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions