Search for content in message boards

Donovan Daly and Burke in US

Donovan Daly and Burke in US

Posted: 24 Feb 2013 10:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for any descendants of Donovan, Burke or Daly who went to United States. They are listed in http://www.bmdnotices.com/in-memoriam/viewremembrance.aspx?r...

and also
http://www.bmdnotices.com/in-memoriam/viewremembrance.aspx?r...

Thanks

Re: Donovan Daly and Burke in US

Posted: 11 Mar 2013 9:27PM GMT
Edited: 11 Mar 2013 9:30PM GMT
Perhaps no one has responded because your request is so broad. You may have better results from your query if you narrow your goal. I also suggest posting relevant information within your query (name of the person, date and place of birth, parents and spouses and children, etc.). That way all volunteer researchers have access to your information as well as what they find and post, all in one place.

Or perhaps you want only to attract descendants, not volunteer researchers. In that case, you are also better served by posting the information about a given family. So many different Donovan, Daly, and Burke families exist. One of the descendants you seek will not find or identify your thread by doing a simple search for family history on the internet. The information needed to identify these specific families is "hidden" in your links.

Hope this helps - and that you find the connections you seek.

Posted: 27 Nov 2013 9:00PM GMT
For what its worth, I have all 3 of those surnames in my family by marriage. Mostly in MA.
I suggest too, that you post names, dob places, sibblings, parents etc. Those are quite common names, as I found out, and check spelling if you can of Daly since there are several ways of spelling it, and I have 3 of them in my family.

Posted: 27 Nov 2013 11:57PM GMT
I left this post on this board for 2 reasons: it mentions immigrants to came to America with no more specific location listed AND there was really no other board to place it on given the wording of the message. However, I agree that getting any response to a post of this nature on USA General is unlikely at best. It would be best to post a more specific message for each surname on the relevant surname board.

Joan, admin
USA General message board

Posted: 10 Dec 2013 4:11PM GMT
I fully appreciate this is a long, long shot but they went SOMEWHERE in US and just HOPING a descendant may see the post

Thank

Frank

Posted: 10 Dec 2013 4:41PM GMT
Edited: 10 Dec 2013 4:54PM GMT
Hi - nice to hear from you. By checking your posting history I notice you've recently placed more specific queries on appropriate message boards. Hope you find out lots and make the connections you seek. All best, a volunteer
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions