Search for content in message boards

Parker Family in Tennessee

Parker Family in Tennessee

Johanna VanDenBerg (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jul 2000 8:43AM GMT
My mother's side of the Family are Parker's from TN. Her father's name was Floyd Edward Parker. Her mother's name was Lola Foster. Anyone who knows of this family please e-mail me. For I'm your cousin or neice. Thanks,
Johanna

Parker family in Tenn.

Posted: 14 Jul 2000 12:42PM GMT
Edited: 29 Nov 2006 4:02PM GMT
Johanna, I am related to the Tennessee Parkers, my great-grandfather was Robert C. Parker, his daughter ( Nellie ) was my grandmother. I think Robert's father was Richard. I am still doing research. Ken

TN Parkers

Posted: 13 Aug 2000 9:29AM GMT
Edited: 6 Jul 2001 2:09PM GMT
What part of Tn are your relatives from? I researching Parkers in Smith, Dekalb, Cannon and Warren Counties. If this is your area please email at nichrd@hiwaay.net

Thanks,
Debbie Nichols

TN Parker

Jeanne Marie Parker (View posts)
Posted: 13 Aug 2000 8:49PM GMT
Hi Debbie,
I'm very new to this but am looking for three cousins, one is named Debbie. I don't know what the TN stands for but my fathers name was Jess, one of three brothers. What was your fathers name?
Sincerely, Marie Parker

Tennessee Parkers

Posted: 13 Aug 2000 9:03PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jul 2001 2:09PM GMT
I really should not have abreviated Tennessee, but that is what I did and I didn't realize it made it look like the Parker's initial. I am looking for Parkers related to Matthew Monroe Parker, Matthew B. Parker, James Lewis Parker, James Parker, and any of their siblings. My father's mother's maiden name was Parker (Catherine Lucetta Parker). My father was a Hill. If any of the names sound familiar, email me. nichrd@hiwaay.net

Debbie Nichols

Respond to TN Parker

Marie Parker (View posts)
Posted: 13 Aug 2000 9:12PM GMT
Wow! That was a quick response. I'm sorry I am not one of the Parkers you are searching for. I don't recognize any of those names, although the list of names I would recognize is very samll at this point. My grandfather Jess had three sons, my father was Melvin. My cousins are Deb Dean through Harmon and Jay through William or Bill. If you run across anyone looking into those names please feel free to send them on to "Where the Parkers Reside" at FamilyTree.com Thanks and good luck.
Sincerely, Marie Parker

Re: Tennessee Parkers

Posted: 14 Apr 2002 4:22AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Aug 2002 5:44AM GMT
I too am searching for Parkers born in Tn. I am looking for the parents of James Parker who was born in 1791 he married Nancy Rupart from Ky.
I do not know at this time which county in Tn. that he was born, cause at that time Tn. was not yet a state.
Would like to hear from you.
My e-mail is: lmhamilton69@msn.com
Thanks,
Laura

Posted: 14 Apr 2002 3:51PM GMT
Edited: 1 Feb 2003 4:07PM GMT
Surnames: PARKER/KUYKENDALL/EUBANKS/BULLOCK/HYCHE
Debora,

Do you know of these Parkers

Generation No. 1

1. ROBERT WILLIAM1 PARKER He married MARY(Howell) LOWE CLARK.

Child of ROBERT PARKER and MARY CLARK is:
2. i. WILLIAM ALBERT2 PARKER, b. 1897,Tennessee; d. January 27, 1930, Interred 3 Feb 1930 in Section K-1 Grave #7486,

Generation No. 2

2. WILLIAM ALBERT2 PARKER (ROBERT WILLIAM1) was born 1897 in Tennessee, and died January 27, 1930 Interred 3 Feb 1930 in Section K-1 Grave # 7486, . He married EMMA JANE KUYKENDALL in Millington, Tn, daughter of JOHN C. KUYKENDALL and MARY F. EUBANKS. She was born December 01, 1891 in Tennessee, and died September 10, 1926 in Death Statisticsin Memphis Commerical Appeal( News in Statisitics) (Death) Emma Parker, 34,General Hospital, acute arsenic poisoning. List in edition Sept 17, 1926, p. 7, col 5.

Notes for WILLIAM ALBERT PARKER:
William Parker was listed as William (Parke) on the 1920 Shelby County Census. This census was taken in Kerrville north of Millington, TN. Listed withAncestry.com image number 14. It appears the census taker was not accurate and his spelling incorrect. Possibly got this information from a child/relative or neighbor. I speculate that Paul C. Parker was born Jan 1920 in Millington, Tn., the day of the census, which may explain the name of the Baby Child(Hall), age as 0 months. Hall is very probably Paul. The census was taken in Jan 1920.
Luther was a Step Child, previously thought to have been a Parker. He was very probably the son of Lue E.(Emma) from a previous marriage.
Robert was not listed on the census, he may not have been born at that time.

More About WILLIAM ALBERT PARKER:
Burial: February 03,1930, National Cemetery, Memphis, TN

Notes for EMMA JANE KUYKENDALL(Lue E):
There is an old ShelbyCounty Cemetery in Memphis that was used to bury people who had no money or were not known. It was called Potters Field. The new Shelby County Cemetery has a micro film on this Cemetery, it was closed in 1965. Emma Jane was buried there Sept 12, 1926 in plot # 11057. The graves have no permanent markers and a Community Center now stands on or near the Cemetery. All of those buried are still there but no one knows where for sure, some were dug up and buried at the Shelby County Cemetery.

Thank You Tim, so good to see the News Letter operating again. Thank you again for your generousity. I am willing to share what I have with any Parker or decendant.
Also can anyone tell me the procedures on how I may get the School documents from Shelby County/St Peter Orphanage and if a by name census was taken 1920-1940 of the children in this orphanage.

Bob Parker
Alabama

Posted: 14 Apr 2002 5:20PM GMT
Edited: 25 Aug 2002 5:44AM GMT
Sorry, none of the Parker's that you mentioned rang a bell.
I will keep looking into this though. If I come across anything I will let you know.
Sorry I could not have been of more help.

Laura Hamilton

Susan Travis (View posts)
Posted: 19 Apr 2002 1:23AM GMT
Surnames: Parker-Blythe
Greetings!
My Parker's are Levi Parker Born in Lexington,Ky .His Father was James Parker from Hawkins Co. Tenn.Married to Ona Blythe.Her Mother was Ann Blythe, Her father was Jonthan Blythe. They were of the Bird Clan, They are Cherokee.My Grandfather, Levi married Margaret Conkright also from Lexington. Her father was Larkin Conkright. Levi had several siblings. names in our family were: Silas,Grover,Stuart,Otter or Otto,Mary, Frances,Ann, and Joseph.Any connection??? I do know that my Uncle Grover fought in the Civil War and lost one of his legs.
Levi Died in 1949 in Middletown,Ohio ..He had three children:
Mary,Stuart and Otto or Otter.Please E-Mail At redhawk4502@hotmail.com
Thanks
Redhawk
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions