Search for content in message boards

john taylor campbell

john taylor campbell

Posted: 28 Feb 2013 12:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Feb 2013 10:37PM GMT
Surnames: Campbell
Looking for a first marriage between 1940 1953. John Taylor Campbell born 1914 Belfast N Ireland.
His wife name on ship manifest in 1946 is listed as Elizabeth C Campbell and he is returning to live with her.

I think they probable were in New York for a while and then moved to California. So I am not completely sure of where to search. If he married in America or was married before he left home.

I dont know the maiden name and have been unable to find anything that looks correct. I was so pleased that a person on the message boards had recently found his 2nd wife for me. Info is sparse. Our Tree is Willis-Martin.
He was naturalized in 1954 in Asuza Arizona and he died in 1978. I have records for these. Any help is greatly appreciated. I do have some difficulty with the records in USA mostly because I dont really know how to work them and I am not sure of locations.

Re: john taylor campbell

Posted: 28 Feb 2013 3:54PM GMT
Surnames: Campbell
I'm going to play devil's advocate here -- How do you know that the John Taylor Campbell in the passenger records is the same man in the naturalization records?

(The reliability of what you have needs to be confirmed before additional searches are based on it.)

Posted: 28 Feb 2013 4:02PM GMT
Because we have a letter from him from that address before the family lost touch. Jack is my uncle and all his brothers and sisters are deceased so can't ask them for info

Posted: 28 Feb 2013 4:08PM GMT
Sorry passenger list cites grandmothers name and address.

Posted: 28 Feb 2013 4:15PM GMT
I see how the man in the passenger list is matched, but how is the the man in the naturalization info matched to "your" man?

Posted: 28 Feb 2013 9:21PM GMT
By his address. I said I previous post. We had a letter from him from that address before family lost touch. It was the address that clinched it and I knew that was him

Posted: 28 Feb 2013 11:17PM GMT
Just to confirm -- the 5319 Rockvale Blvd, Azusa, CA address was on his letter?

Posted: 28 Feb 2013 11:30PM GMT
Note: He was naturalized in Azusa, California, not Arizona.

Where and when did he die? Do you have his obituary? There's a remote chance that his first wife is mentioned -- or other family members.

Did he have any children with his first wife?

Wouldn't his first marriage have been before 1946? (since his wife's name and their address are listed on the immigration records)

Was his second marriage in 1953?

Posted: 1 Mar 2013 12:55AM GMT
Yes

Posted: 1 Mar 2013 1:16AM GMT
Only have a note of ancestry. No proper obit. Presume he married approx 1941 to as you say 1946, possilbly in new York. Husband has found a john t campbell in NY phone book 21 B'way Ter LOrain 9-3496 think he said 1948. not sure if its him. His first wife. Elizabeth C. ? Must then have died between 1946 and 1952 as he remarried Nora ann mcdermott a divorcee ( née McIntyre) in 1953. As to children unknown.
Death John Campbell. SSN. 053-24-4359 last residence Pasadena Los Angeles California USA. Died Feb 1978. DOB. 28 Feb 1914. This was his birthday so felt it was him. Don't think any children 2nd marriage as Nora was 50. Don't know how to get certs from USA even through ancestry. Thank you for taking the time to look at this. It is much appreciated
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions