Search for content in message boards

GODARD dit LAPOINTE,ST.AMOUR dit PAYETTE

GODARD dit LAPOINTE,ST.AMOUR dit PAYETTE

Michelle (View posts)
Posted: 1 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Godard, Lapointe, StAmour, Payette, Charlebois, Blanchette
In my efforts to try and confirm a branch of my lineage, I need to fit a lost soul into a family... Stanislas Godard dit Lapointe.
I have a baptism/birth of a Stanislas around 1846-1847. He is listed as having been born in Ste.Therese on his death certificate. Stanislas may also be called Tennise,Tenise,Dennis or Athanesa.
His parents should be a Joseph Godard dit Lapointe and ????Angelique Payette or Julie St.Amour.
I strongly suspect that Stanislas Godard is the son of Joseph Godard dit Lapointe married to Angelique Payette(married on Feb.18,1828 at Ste.Therese de Blainville in Quebec). Unfortunately, on Stanislas' marriage to Elisabeth Charlebois(on 1866/10/08 at St.Anicet),
Stanislas's parents are listed as Joseph Godard and Julie St.Amour. I do suspect Julie St.Amour to be Angelique Payette.
Angelique's parents are supposedly a Pierre Payette and Felicite Piche.
Angelique's birth is in about 1809 in Chatham,Ontario according to one source. I suspect this could be an error and could be Chatham Twp. in Argenteuil in Quebec.
I have a death date for Stanislas and I am hoping someone will have access to the baptism's for the area of Ste.Therese and might be able to find Stanislas' baptism, so I can confirm his lineage.
What has complicated things is all the various aliases that I have found Stanislas under. His death certificate lists him as Denis Godard who died Aug.24,1878 of small pox in Finch Twp.,Stormont Co.,Ontario. His age is given as 32 yrs. which would make him born about 1846. It lists his place of birth as Ste.Therese.
He is listed as Athanesa Godar at his son Henri's marriage in Cornwall at the Church of the Nativity in Jan. 1891. Henri Godar married Genevieve Blanchette.
He is listed as Dennis Lapointe on his wife's grave, near Cornwall and he is listed on the 1871 census in Ontario as Dennis Goodard(yr.of birth 1846-1847).
I find him on an 1861 census for Crysler,Finch Twp. ,listed as Tenise Godard,14 yrs. ,born in Lower Canada(Quebec). This would give a birth date of 1847. Parents on the census are Joseph Godard and Angelic.
Do you think I should just assume that Julie St.Amour IS Angelique Payette. St.Amour is a dit name for Payette and I think Julie could be a nickname for Angelique....Say it quickly...leaving off the An...it's Gelique....sounds kind of like Julie????
If you can confirm this birth/baptismal information for
Stanislas/Dennis/Tennise/Athanesa Godard dit Lapointe for me in any way....I would be so appreciative! I have done my work....I just can't seem to make things come together. Any insights would be greatly appreciated. This family pops up all over...Roxborough Twp.,St.Andrew's west,St.Andre in Quebec,Charlottenburgh in Glengarry co.,etc.

Many thanks to you and have a good day.
Michelle St.Denis-Romano
London,Ontario

>
> Stanislas Godard ( Joseph & Julie )
> M: 1866 10 08 St.Anicet
> Elisabeth Charlebois ( Pierre & Elisabeth Leblanc)
>

Stanislas Goddard birth

Michelle (View posts)
Posted: 10 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Goddard, Godard, Lapointe, StAmour, Payette
I had 2 kind souls find the birth of Stanislas Goddard for me. He was born on Aug.14,1845 at Ste.Therese de Blainville in Quebec to Joseph Godard and Angelique Payet. Godparents were Desire Charron and Emilie Payet.
This proves that Julie St.Amour IS Angelique Payet!
It is wonderful to have placed Stanislas/Tennise/Dennis/Athenesa Godard dit Lapointe into his proper spot in the Godard family tree!
Many thanks to all who helped with this discovery.\\
Michelle

Re: Stanislas Goddard birth

Posted: 3 Aug 2001 7:40PM GMT
Edited: 16 Aug 2001 2:30AM GMT
Surnames: Goddard/Godard
Do you have any info. on the Goddard's in Ontario, Canada? My Goddards are quite elusive! Christina canrox@globalserve.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic