Search for content in message boards

Dozier of North Carolina

Dozier of North Carolina

Posted: 26 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Apr 2004 8:48AM GMT
Surnames: Dozier, Slaughter, Robinson, Henderson, Johnson, Griffin, Campbell, Braxton, Walker, Williams
I am decendent of Willis (or Willie) Dozier born 1826, he married Rhoda? born 1856 both born North Carolina I believe they were either in Currituck, or Camden. there was a Willis Dozier in the 32nd North Carolina infantry April of 1862, I don't know if he is mine or not. Willis and Rhoda left North Carolina show up on Kemper Mississippi census in 1870. all the above name are tied to this Dozier family by Marriage

Re: Dozier of North Carolina

Posted: 9 Oct 2001 3:13PM GMT
Edited: 1 Apr 2003 4:04PM GMT
Surnames: Dozier, Campbell, Hall, Stevens, Sawyer, Nash
Saw your inquiry from last year regarding Willis Dozier. I cannot make specific tie-in to Doziers I am researching, but your surname list which includes Campbell interests me. My ancestor Dennis Dozier (b.1770's) married Elizabeth Campbell before 1819. She the daughter of Joshua Campbell and Hannah (?) I have found the names of only two of Dennis & Elizabeth's children: Lemuel (my grgrandfather) and his sister Emeline. Lemuel was born about 1828 in Camden. Emeline born 1832 in Pasquotank. I am sure there were other children.

The name Willis occurs frequently in the Dozier family, but I don't see it in the line I am researching, but who knows?

I would be interested to know your tie-in to Campbells.

Mona (View posts)
Posted: 10 Oct 2001 9:00PM GMT
Willis Dozier's daughter Caroline married John Campbell in Kemper Mississippi they had a son Russell. John Campbell was born in Alabama in 1894. I have no other information on him or his family. I have Campbell on my mother's side who are also from Alabama and I am hoping to cross both branches. Dozier Campbell is my father's line.

Mona

Posted: 6 Jun 2002 5:48AM GMT
Edited: 28 Sep 2002 12:32AM GMT
Dosher Hospital was built due to the Doctors William S. Dosher,I spoke to him in 1986 as his family upline had changed the spelling and were Williams upline. They were from the SC,NC line like Cherry Grove beach. He passed away in 1993 He had a sister with the name of Sallie Veazy that lived at Wrightsville Beach. They were a grand olld Brunswick Family and had practice in Wilmington

Posted: 12 Oct 2013 8:55PM GMT
Conversation started today

9:16am
Sharon Dozier-Releford
Hey, My name is Sharon Dozier. Im originally from St. Louis Mo I believe we are kin. Are your great aunts or uncles from mississippi, Scooba, Electric mill Kemper. My father own a hotel in St. Louis for years. He came up north in the 20's I'm 50, but my father was born in 1907. He said his relative move up from MS Kemper, electric mill , Scooba. There was a Dozier community there. and move to E. St. Louis, IL. I have never met them you probably a daughter of a relative that might know my father James Dozier, sibiling Delores Dozier-Blackwell, Carrie Dozier- Fate, Robert Dozier, Ethel Dozier (Kids in Detroit) .. my aunt and father bc I have a daughter that is 26 years own. Plz check with your Mom or great aunts and uncles, I would greatly appreciate it. Are most of The Doziers on the Gibson Dozier page relatives? If so, I see where there will be a family reunion soon. Just want to know who our cousins are . Thanks, Sharon
Also looking for Mona Hamilton on Dallas Tx.. She is my cuz on my g g grandfather brother side. There was Walker Slaughter Dozier website on Ancester.com and is no longer there. If anyone has and info are was / or use to be a part of this Ancester.com sit or familiar with any of this information please message back. Ask older relatives they will know if you don't.. Kin began in the 1643-1693 westmoreland county Va.
Pleas ask older aunt uncles granny's grandpa any older people

Sharon dozier releford 443-848-2168 or sharonreleford@yahoo.com fb: sharon dozier releford
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions