Search for content in message boards

Louvat de la Louvatierre

Louvat de la Louvatierre

Posted: 13 Nov 2012 7:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Louvat de la Louvatierre
I've found out that the name was shortened to Louvat from Louvat de la Louvatierre. I would just love to know more about this man, his family, background info, etc. He came from Savoie, France. Thanks!

Re: Louvat de la Louvatierre

Posted: 29 Dec 2012 9:20AM GMT
Salut - Hello,

I looked at your family tree on Ancestry.fr and I found a match for the person furthest back in your family tree at GeneaNet : Jacques LOVAT-LOVATIERE (Né le 17 août 1755 - Miribel-les-Échelles, 38380, Isère, Rhône-Alpes, FRANCE) --- Marié (le 1er février 1780, Miribel-les-Échelles, 38380, Isère, Rhône-Alpes, FRANCE) avec Marie JACOLIN

He did not live in Savoie, but rather the Dauphiné, but he seems to be the person you are researching.

His occupation was a weaver of cloth.

The GeneaNet researchers' family tree also shows three additional generations of family members, with all of the children and sources noted, which you do not have seem to have in your tree. All of the ancestors appear to have lived in the same town: Miribel-les-Échelles.

May I suggest that you go to GeneaNet and continue your research there. --- Or, of course, you can do this research yourself. The records should be available to you at the website of the Departmental Archives of Isère, which I am certain you know.

Please note: Here are other variations of the name you are researching : LOVAT, LOUVAT, LOVAT-LOVATIERE, LOVATIERE, LOUVATIERE, LOUVAT-LOUVATIERE, LOVAT DIT LOVATIERE, LOUVAT DIT LOUVATIERE.

LOUVAT and LOVAT are Francoprovençal language spelling variations for the French word « LOUP », which means "WOLF" in the English language.

Bonne quête !

Re: Louvat de la Louvatierre

Posted: 30 Dec 2012 3:43AM GMT
Thank you so much! I will definitely look into that.
You are very kind.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions