Search for content in message boards

French Canadian Marriages to Native American Indians 1780-1900

French Canadian Marriages to Native American Indians 1780-1900

Posted: 29 Aug 2003 4:33PM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Surnames: Fleury
Any tips on seeking information on marriages of French Canadian men and Native American Indian women between 1780-1900, Greatly appreciated. I am a descendant of the Isle la Motte, Vt. Fleury's. Looking for possible Indian Heritage on Great, Great.. Grandmothers side.
Thank You.
Laura

Re: French Canadian Marriages to Native American Indians 1780-1900

Leo Fleury (View posts)
Posted: 30 Aug 2003 1:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Sep 2004 1:12AM GMT
Laura, have researched the FLEURYS of Vermont and Quebec for many years and have my direct line back to the immigrant ancestor, Francois Fleury. Have accummulated some data on the "Isle LaMotte" Fleurys but have not yet connected to my line. Suggest you send me your chart and perhaps I can fill-in some gaps etc. I do have the Isle LaMotte family back in Quebec for a generation or two but have not seen a Native American connection.
Leo Fleury, Burlington, VT

Joyce (View posts)
Posted: 5 Sep 2003 12:16AM GMT
Surnames: fleury
Leo I have seen many posts from you before, and it seems you are very knowledgable about the line....

Can you see any links to anyone you know of in any of my previous posts? wrdsrus is my ID, name is Joyce, other things that will pull up my posts are

Isabella Fleury
George W Fleury
Robert D. Fleury

If you have trouble, let me know and I will try to find the most comprehensive one and email it to you

I have hit a wall, around the 1880 period.

Thanks for your help

Joyce

Leo Fleury (View posts)
Posted: 5 Sep 2003 6:09PM GMT
Edited: 17 Sep 2004 1:13AM GMT
Joyce,
Regret to say that I have not seen previous seen any of your previous posts; Have not used this site in years and only recently replied to a post that was specifically forwarded to me.
Have researched FLEURY for many years especially my direct line from Vermont to Quebec and the immigrant ancestor, Francois Fleury.
If you can resend your posts directly to me, I will take a look and see if I can help from my material.
Best wishes,
Leo

Posted: 23 Nov 2003 2:28AM GMT
Edited: 16 Aug 2006 11:32AM GMT
Surnames: LePage, LaPage, Godon, Joyal, Lafleur, Fleury
Wondering if you might know where Oscar G Lepage/Lapage fits in he married Mary L. Lafleur/Fleury (maybe Marie-Louise) and is counted in the 1920-1930 US CENSUS in Franklin Co, Montgomery, VT. I believe Oscar may be connected somehow to a Mary Lepage/Lapage who m a Napoleon Godon (son of Edouard, then Dominique Godon) Interestingly enough is that Dominique was m to a Emilie Joyal then widowed and m a Marie Lafleur/Fleury. Do you happen to have this line of Lafleur/Fleury?
Sheila

Edouard GODON m. Emilie JOYAL and Aurelie COTE

Posted: 24 Nov 2003 6:46PM GMT
Edited: 17 Sep 2004 1:16AM GMT
Surnames: GODON, JOYAL, COTE, LAFLEUR, PERRON
Edouard GODON (Dominique & Marie Lafleur) widow of Emilie Joyal, married Aurelie COTÉ (Antoine & Rose Gauthier) 10 Oct. 1859 at St.Thomas, Pierreville (Yamaska co.) Quebec.

Edouard Godon was married first to Emilie Joyal, 21 Sept. 1857 at Pierreville. The parents for Edouard are listed as : Dominique Godon and Marie Lafleur. Emilie's parents are Michel Joyal and Monique Lafleur. Edouard Godon is said to be from the parish of St.Francois (du-Lac) which is right across the St.Francois river, next to Pierreville.

I think the St.Thomas de Pierreville priest made an error in naming Marie Lafleur as the mother of Edouard Godon. I've checked all over for the marriage between Dominique Godon and Marie Lafleur and could not find il. However, there is a Dominique Godon married to Emilie PERRON, and they have a son : Joseph who married Louise (Laurin) 23 Feb. 1857 at St.Francois-du-Lac.

Dominique GODON (Louis & Therese Guibord) married Emilie PERRON (Joseph & Louise Belisle) 31 May 1831 at Ste.Anne de La Perade (Champlain co.) Quebec. Their children are :

1. Joseph Treffle bpt. 09 Oct. 1832 Ste.Anne de La Perade ;
2. Elisabeth bpt. 09 Sep. 1833 Ste.Anne de La Perade, bur. 2 Nov. 1833 id ;
3. Marie bpt. 22 Aug. 1834 Ste.Anne de La Perade ;
4. Edouard bpt. 02 Sept. 1838 Ste.Anne de La Perade.

Emilie PERRON was buried 5 Mar. 1869 (62 years old). Her husband predeceased her.

This case needs further verification.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic