Search for content in message boards

James and Bridget Rothwell Mulvaney-Counties Westmeath and Meath

James and Bridget Rothwell Mulvaney-Counties Westmeath and Meath

Posted: 11 Apr 2011 8:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mulvaney, Mulvany, Rothwell
I am looking for a James Mulvaney, believed to be from Westmeath, born abt 1828, immigrated to New York in 1851 with wife Bridget Rothwell Mulvaney. We know nothing more about these 2 ancestors except that I found a marriage license for a James Mulvanny and Bridget Rothwell on March 2, 1850 in Kells, County Meath (witnesses Thomas Maguinnis and Anne Rothwell), but no way to prove it is them. Does anyone know more about these two?

Re: James and Bridget Rothwell Mulvaney-Counties Westmeath and Meath

Posted: 18 Jul 2012 4:15PM GMT
Surnames: Mulvaney
Hi
I'm not sure if we have a connection but my Mulvaneys were from Westmeath and James is a family name along with William, Thomas, Ann and Margaret.
I am in the UK.

Posted: 18 Jul 2012 7:41PM GMT
Surnames: Mulvaney, Mulvanny, Rothwell
Hi,
Well, there's a strong possibility that we are related! Do you know much of your Irish ancestry? We are stuck at the marriage certificate between James Mulvaney and Bridget Rothwell Mulvaney. We know that James had a brother (or Mulvaney relative), Thomas,(16) who came to the US with them in 1850 on the John Hancock. I'd love to hear what you might know about your Mulvaneys.

Where in the UK do you live? I lived in Bath for 6 months in college.

Posted: 18 Jul 2012 8:57PM GMT
Surnames: mulvaney
I do know that my Thomas Mulvaney was in Wigan Lancashire in 1861 with sisters Ann and Margaret. Where he was prior to that I'm not sure but I believe he was from the Coole area in Westmeath. His father was definitely named William.
Could this tie in with yours ?
My TM moved from Wigan to Bolton after 1881 and that is where I was born.
Kind regards
Lesley

Posted: 5 Aug 2012 5:41PM GMT
Surnames: Mulvaney, Mulvany of Meath, Ireland
I part of the Mulvany (Mulvaney) family from County Meath, Ireland, but I checked the names you gave against my tree and the dates don't match. However, the names Thomas, James and such are family names for my Mulvanys. That said, my suggestion would be to do a paid search using www.rootsireland.ie. For less than $10 US, you can get the answers you need. I have found a ton of Mulvaney info on that site.

Posted: 17 Sep 2013 6:38PM GMT
I had a grandfather James Mulvaney that married a Margaret Bolton (i think Bolton) in Wigan if any of this ties in with anybody
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions