Search for content in message boards

Parents of Philip Seuser (b. 1855, Lowell, Dodge Co., WI)

Parents of Philip Seuser (b. 1855, Lowell, Dodge Co., WI)

Posted: 7 Nov 2012 4:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Seuser, Hunter
I am trying to locate information on the parents of Philip Jules Seuser (aka Philip Seuser, Phillip Seuser, Philip J. Seuser, Phillip J. Seuser).

Philip was born in Lowell, Dodge County, Wisconsin, in 1855 (perhaps October of that year). He grew up in Wisconsin. Married Mary Elizabeth Hunter (1859-1948) on February 16, 1880, in Rochester, Minnesota. After which they moved to Grove Township, Worth County, Iowa. They later moved to Freeborn County, Minnesota for only 3 years and then moved back to Worth County, Iowa and lived there for 20+ years.

Supposedly he later moved to Hill County, Montana (he and Mary did have a son, Victor, who moved there) where he eventually died. However, Mary died (and is buried) in Worth County (in the town of Northwood), Iowa and I have found no evidence of a divorce so I'm not sure if the Montana information is accurate. On every census Philip listed that both his parents were born in Germany. Family oral tradition also is that his parents came here from Germany.

I have found lots of records of Seuser's in Dodge County, WI but have never been able to connect Philip to any of them.

Any hints or help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Re: Parents of Philip Seuser (b. 1855, Lowell, Dodge Co., WI)

Posted: 8 Nov 2012 4:32AM GMT
Phillip and Mary are living in Hill County Montana in the 1920 census with Victor.
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/M83R-96R

Posted: 8 Nov 2012 5:41AM GMT
There is a Philip J. "Senser" buried in Sunset Rest Cemetery. I saw a death date for him of 1924 in Mary's obit , but I don't find him in the Montana death index.

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 3:50AM GMT
Thanks for the reply!

I actually found Philip in the Worth County, Iowa death index. I still haven't found an obituary, but it looks like he must have been back in Iowa when he did die.

Anyway, his death index record had his mother's maiden name (Hager) so I was able to finally track down the rest of his line.

Thanks for your response.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic