Search for content in message boards

Odenbrett - Rheinland

Odenbrett - Rheinland

Donald Schulteis (View posts)
Posted: 10 Feb 2000 10:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Jul 2002 4:11AM GMT
Surnames: Odenbrett
I am interested in this family who we believe is from the Rhineland and emigrated to Wisconsin in the 1840s, possibly earlier.

Odenbrett's in Wisconsin

Posted: 15 Oct 2000 6:45AM GMT
Edited: 21 Jan 2004 1:31PM GMT
My paternal greatgrandmother was Katharine Odenbrett, daughter of Phillip. He arrived in Wisconsin about the time you mentioned. He was a member of the Old Settlers' Society. I have a picture of him. I have a little bit more of info if your interested.

Re: Odenbretts from Wisconsin

Posted: 15 Oct 2000 3:36PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jul 2002 4:10AM GMT
Mary,

You inficated you had some information on a Katherine Odenbrett, daughter of Philip.

Might this be Philip and Sophia? Even if not I would be interested for I am following three Odenbrett family lines, the only three that I know of here in the United States.

Could you email me directly at djschulteis @ juno.com.

Thank you.

Donald Schulteis

Re: Odenbretts from Wisconsin

Virginia Peter (View posts)
Posted: 12 Mar 2002 7:32PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jul 2002 4:09AM GMT
Surnames: Odenbrett, Abler
Donald,

Was your Phillip and Sophia, Phillip Odenbrett and Sophia Abler? If so, we may have a connection. I am an Abler descendent and have much Abler information up to the marriage of Phillip and Sophia, July 24, 1855 in Milwaukee. They had 8 children:Elizabeth, William, Anna, Catherine, Clara, George, Mary and John Joseph. I would like to fill in this branch of the Ablers if this is the right family.

Virginia

Re: Odenbrett's in Wisconsin

Posted: 2 Jul 2002 12:18AM GMT
Edited: 13 Jul 2002 4:08AM GMT
Surnames: Odenbrett, Rietz
Hi

My great grandmother was Gertrude Odenbrett, i do not know her mother's name and i believe she was born in Milwaukee in 1875. She married (?) a Gustave Rietz and had a son named Harry who was brought up by his grand parents. I have no names for them. I have just started searching and have no idea how to get birth certificates that are that old!

If this lines up with any of your information, pleae email me at hweber@wadsnet.com

thanks loads!!!

Donald Schuolteis (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jul 2002 2:48AM GMT
Yes,

I go back and forward two generations.

Donald

Posted: 13 Jul 2002 2:29AM GMT
Edited: 13 Jul 2002 4:07AM GMT
Surnames: Odenbrett, Schroeder
Gertrude Odenbrett's sister Marie was my great-grandmother. Their parents were Jacob Odenbrett (1849-1928) and Elisabeth Schroeder (1852-1948). Gertrude's name is inscribed on Jacob and Elisabeth's headstone at Holy Cross Cemetery in Milwaukee, though no dates are listed. I have some information about the family if you'd like to contact me.

Posted: 13 Jul 2002 4:06PM GMT
Kathryn Fishbain,

I have a descendant chart I would like to email to you but I can't do it through this medium.

Donald
djschulteis @ juno.com

Posted: 14 Jul 2002 12:20PM GMT
Edited: 25 Aug 2002 12:09PM GMT
Hi Kathryn

Any information that you have would be helpful. I don't have much since I really just started searching. Let me know.

Thanks again

Heidi Weber

Posted: 14 Jul 2002 1:19PM GMT
Hi Heidi,
I have lots of Odenbrett information, especially now since I've been in contact with Donald Schulteis. e-mail me at kfishbain1@yahoo.com and we'll connect.
Kathi
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions