Search for content in message boards

Alonzo, Ambrose,Willet, & Jesse Spencer Photographs

Alonzo, Ambrose,Willet, & Jesse Spencer Photographs

Posted: 22 Jan 2003 12:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Spencer, Staley, Youngs
I have photographs of the above people who lived in Canajoharie, New York. According to the 1880 Census, Alonzo was born in 1829 in New York. He was a postal car clerk. Both parents were born in NY. His wife was Alta C. Spencer. Living with them were Ann (dau-14) Stafford (son-12) Ida (dau-8) M...(dau-6) Jesse (dau-3) Willett (son-21-shipping clerk). Ambrose(18) I believe was working in a tannery in Rushford, NY.
These photos were found in a house with photos of the Staley and Youngs Families. If anyone can tie these together, please contact me.
I would be happy to e-mail anyone the above pictures.

Re: Alonzo, Ambrose,Willet, & Jesse Spencer Photographs

Posted: 13 Feb 2003 11:43PM GMT
Do you know if Alonzo's parents are David Spencer and Sally Hicks? From around Bliss or Weathersfield N.Y. Alonzo would of had 8 siblings.

Posted: 14 Feb 2003 5:45AM GMT
Surnames: Spencer
I don't know who Alonzo'a parents were except that they were both born in New York. I did notice that there was an Alonzo that had a father named Ambrose. Alonzo had a son named Ambrose- maybe there is something there. Email me and I would be happy to email you the Spencer photos.

Posted: 9 Jun 2004 7:47PM GMT
Surnames: Spencer
I'm researching Spencers from Jefferson County,NY. I have a family with an Alonzo and Ambrose as brothers. Ambrose also had a son named Alonzo. I don't think this could be the son since he was born later and died in the Civil war. But it could be the brother or another relative.

Posted: 26 Nov 2004 5:35PM GMT
Surnames: Spencer, Hicks
Amy,
Just came across your posting.
Our David Spencer is the gtx3 gf of my wife Joanne Veness. He married Sarah "Sally: Hicks. They had 5 children William (1824-1916 my wife's gx2gf) Alonzo (1829),Henry J. (1931), Albert (1835) and Ambrose (1838).
There was a David Spencer listed as living in Wethersfield, Wyoming County but I think he was a different David Spencer since I have our David as dying in 1865.
Good hunting,
Stuart

amy (View posts)
Posted: 27 Nov 2004 3:59PM GMT
Hello Stuart and Jody,

It's been a long time since I've talked to you. The David in Wetherfield is our David he is buried in Weathersfield Cemetery next to his son Henry, according to the cemetery records Sally is buried there too but no marker. I have really good news I found a picture of David's wife Sally Hicks and some old Spencer reunions from the 20's I think. I've been meaning to send you copies and a new updated family file..I just need to get everything updated. I have gotten copies of Henry J.'s and Ambrose (David's son's) Civil War records. I will try to get everything entered and off to you as soon as I can. I'm glad you posted I have a new computer and had lost your email address.

Amy

Posted: 28 Nov 2004 9:32PM GMT
Edited: 17 Sep 2006 5:03PM GMT
Surnames: Spencer, Hicks
Hi Amy,
I'm not sure of my source of David dying in 1865 but it maybe wrong and the David listed in the 1870 census for Wetthersfild could be him after all.Thanks for the lead.
Stuart
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions