Search for content in message boards

Thomas O'Connor/Connor from Ireland, d/o/b 1877

Thomas O'Connor/Connor from Ireland, d/o/b 1877

Posted: 12 Mar 2013 3:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Mar 2013 6:57PM GMT
Surnames: O'Connor, Connor
I'm looking for any information on Thomas, son of James and Ellen (Lynch). Some records read last name spelled as "O'Connor" others read "Connor". Thomas migrated from Ireland to the United States sometime in 1906. Any info on where he lived, occupation, marriage, children would be appreciated.
Thank You!

Re: Thomas O'Connor/Connor from Ireland, d/o/b 1877

Posted: 12 Mar 2013 9:40PM GMT
hi

i found the below on www.irishgenealogy.ie if this is who you are looking for. it is a free website with shurch records for someof ireland. only put names in as sometimes they don't come up when you add a location or year. also if you don't get the name up in english try it in latin or various spellings. hope it helps.

Name

THOMAS CONNOR

Date of Birth

27 November 1877

Address

GARFNEY

Father

JAMES CONNOR

Mother

ELLEN LYNCH

Further details in the record

Child Denomination

RC

Father Occupation

NR

Sponsor 1

TIMOTHY LYNCH

Sponsor 1 Address

NR

Sponsor 2

JOHANNA LYNCH

Sponsor 2 Address

NR

Priest

NR

About the record

Book Number

Page

Entry Number

Record_Identifier

N/R

N/R

KY-RC-BA-197800

The church register page containing this record has not yet been imaged.

Report any error in transcription.

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 2:09AM GMT
Could the Thomas O'Connor using d/o/b 30 Nov 1877 on WWI Draft Registration Card be who you are looking for? Card states that he was married & living in Long Island City NY. WWI draft cards also gave a physical description - blue eyes, lt brown hair, tall with medium build. Did blue eyes run in the Connor/O'Connor family?

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 3:58PM GMT
Do you know if he had any brothers or sisters? If he did, try to find their obituaries. He may be mentioned -- and his location may be mentioned.

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 4:39PM GMT
Thank you for your reply. I think this is the Thomas that I'm looking for as everything seems to be a match to what I have recently located for him.

Thank you for your help!

Regards,
Sherlew

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 4:41PM GMT
Good idea. I will look into that and hopefully I can find something. Thank you for replying.

Regards,
Sherlew

Posted: 14 Aug 2013 6:07PM GMT
Edited: 14 Aug 2013 6:07PM GMT
Try the Irish 1901 census, both the 1901 and 1911 are now free to view. Marriages up until 1958 are also now available. The O Connor/Connor name is quite a common name, if you can narrow it to an area, or have names of siblings/parents would narrow your research.

good luck
sile
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions