Hi,
The following is from the Syracuse directories:

1893-1894
Kallfelz Bakery 215 Magnolia
Residence
215 Magnolia
Kallfelz, Joseph Baker

217 Magnolia
Kallfelz, Mathew J. Retired (Wife is Catherine A.)
Kallfelz, Alois Baker
Kallfelz, Charley Baker
Kallfelz, John B. Laborer
Kallfelz, Peter Baker

Kallfelz Brothers Bakery (Joseph, Charles, Alois,
John, Peter) still at 215 Magnolia.

Bakery at 215 Magnolia
Residences:

624 Seymour
Kallfelz, Elizabeth (wid of Joseph)
Kallfelz, Albert J. Baker
Kallfelz, Felicitas Clerk
Kallfelz, Loretta E. Hairdresser

543 Seymour
Kallfelz, Charles A.

535 South Wilbur
Kallfelz, Alois

222 Magnolia
Kallfelz, Peter J.

Bakeries at 701 South Geddes and 485 Shonnard

A number of the children of the "brothers" are
listed in this directory. If you want the info I
can break down the families and send it to you.

I will also try to find Mathew's obit. He died 14JUL1900
at the age of 60. I can also look for Joseph's obit. He
died between 1907 and 1916.

I'll try to post you tomorrow evening with what I find.

Tom
Onondaga county

Kallfelz Bakery

Elizabeth Batcharie Kaufmann (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: KALLFELZ
I am looking for any information or sources concerning the Kallfelz Brother's Bakery once located in Syracuse, Onondaga County, NY.

Kallfelz

Posted: 11 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jul 2001 9:52PM GMT
Surnames: Kallfelz
Hi,
Here are a few obits;

Syracuse Post Standard Tuesday 18AUG1914
Joseph Kallfelz, Baker, Dies After Short Illness
Well-known Business Man Confined to His Home Only a Little While
Joseph Kallfelz, 48, died at his home, No. 724 Seynour street, at 10 o'clock last night after a short illness. Although he had been in poor health for some time, he had been confined to his home only for a brief period.
Mr. Kallfelz came to this city from Germany thirty-three years ago, and shortly after his arrival engaged in the bakery business. He has been closely identified with this industry for twenty-five years, and was the president of the Kallfelz Brothers.
Surviving Mr. Kallfelz besides his widow (Elizabeth Haas) are two sons, Karl and Albert Kallfelz; three daughters, Selleceita (Felicitas), Loretta and Margaret Kallfelz; four brothers, Charles, Alois, John and Peter Kallfelz, all of this city, and a sister, Mrs. C. Knaus (Amelia) of Oneida Valley.
Funeral arrangements have not been completed.

Syracuse Post Standard Monday 12FEB1934
Kallfelz Firm Officer is Dead of Pneumonia
Member of Family Which Came from Germany to Establish Bakery

Alois Kallfelz of 535 South Wilbur avenue, treasurer of the Kallfelz Brothers Baking company, died suddenly last night in People's hospital. He was 61 years old.
Taken ill Thursday night, his condition took a turn for the worse Friday. He was taken to the hospital Saturday night. Death was due to pneumonia.
Mr. Kallfelz's life was woven closely with the lives of his mother and father and four brothers, who left their native town, Merle, on the Moselle river in Rhineland, Germany, to come to this country in 1888.
The family settled in Syracuse. John, an older brother, had had some experience in a Merle bakery. It was he who trained the others in the trade. They opened a little bakery in Magnolia street, their own employers and their own employes.
Almost from the start Alois Kallfelz was the company's treasurer. By 1918 the company had grown, its small plant was sold, and the present building in South Geddes street was constructed. Peter J. Kallfelz became the vice-president and Charles A. Kallfelz was chosen president.
Alois Kallfelz was a member of the Syracuse Saengerbund, the Syracuse Liederkranz, Pioneers, Turners, and the St. Peter society of St. Joseph's (German) church.
Besides his brothers, Peter and Charles, he is survived by his wife, Mrs. Lena Kallfelz; three sons, Lawrence, George and Alois Kallfelz, Jr.; two daughters, Miss Anna Kallfelz and Miss Veronica Kallfelz, and a sister, Mrs. Amelia Knaus.

Syracuse Post Standard Saturday 14JUL1900
Kallfelz, Mathias J. age 60 years, 10 months, 10 days.
Funeral at 217 Magnolia st, Monday 16 July 1900.
Services at At. Joseph's German church with burial at St. Agnes cemetery.

When I get a chance I will post you some more.
Tom
Onondaga county

Re: Kallfelz Bakery

Posted: 4 Jun 2009 2:44AM GMT
My mother is the grand daughter of Charlie Kallfelz. Her name is Lorraine Bryant Shattuck of Syracuse, NY

If you get this reply!!

Kallfelz Bakery

Posted: 12 Apr 2012 8:51PM GMT
Hello,

I'm Linda and my mother was Joan Kuntz St.Denny, my grandmother was Julia Kallfelz Kuntz and they lived in North Syracuse. My grandmother was Charlie's daughter. She had sisters with daughter's who we used to visit, Mary Agness, Mary Lou, and a grandniece Lorraine, who we use to visit a very long time ago. I remember vaguely the name Shattuck. I'm researching the family and wonder if you might have any info. I have very little to offer .... but would very much like to check in on this.

Posted: 12 Apr 2012 9:05PM GMT
My mother is Lorraine Irene Bryant Shattuck, daughter of Agnes Kalfelz Bryant and Francis Bryant. For more information you can reach my mother at 210-561-2344.

Thank you,
Tom Shattuck

Posted: 13 Apr 2012 2:08AM GMT
I used to go to the bakery in 40s and 50s with my parents and aunt all the time. Many fond memories of all the delicious sites and smells. Mary Devoy Z

Posted: 29 Apr 2012 11:51PM GMT
Try the Onondaga historical Society and the Onondaga Library. I would look for you but I live in Rochester Ny and don't get to Syracuse on days I could go to those 2 places. As I said before can still see all the gooodies and the wonderful smells. The building is still there. I am going in on Saturday to a communion and can take a picture of it-the one on Geddes St. Let me know. Mary Devoy Z.

Posted: 26 Jun 2012 3:20PM GMT
Surnames: Kallfelz
Hi Linda,
My name is Tracie Barnes and I am Mary Agnes' daughter. Your grandma Julia or as I called her, my Aunt Julia, meant so much to me and I loved her so much. Where are you living? My mother and Nana Mary Lou would love to hear from you. Please email me at monstygirl@aol.com so we can exchange contact information.
Tracie

Posted: 20 Sep 2012 3:34PM GMT
Hi everyone - i am knew to this ancestry.com but am trying my best to navigate around... My name is Carol (Hayes) Pietraszek, my mother's name was Amelia (Kallfelz) Hayes. My dear grandfather was Raymond Kallfelz Sr. My cousins, children and I have been trying to get information about the bakery - we love having that be part of our family history. I welcome any information any of you might have. I also am always on the lookout for antiques of the bakery. I am thrilled at the information i have read on this site.... thank you to all who have been noting their connections..... keep them coming! thank you!!!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions