Search for content in message boards

Iowa Hunters

Iowa Hunters

M. F. Hunter (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jun 2002 2:16AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hunter, Segner
Looking for information on Hunters from Cedar Rapids. Have Frank Marion Hunter (b. 3/15/1859 in Cedar Rapids) married to Emma Segner (b. 5/9/1861 in Marshalltown); both married and died in Cedar Rapids (dates unknown). Had two sons, Milo Francis Hunter (b. 3/13/1892) and Dan (Daniel?) Hunter. I don't have any information about Frank's background or parents. Any information is appreciated! Thank you!

Re: Iowa Hunters

Posted: 10 Aug 2002 9:18PM GMT
Edited: 18 Nov 2006 12:51PM GMT
Surnames: Hunter, Owen
Hi, according to the "History of Wapello County" my GGG grandparents had a child named Marion. I'm not sure if this Marion was male or female, or when s/he was born. Also can't imagine why a child from a Wapello County family would be born in Cedar Rapids. But there can't be that many Marion Hunters in Iowa at that time, so I figured I'd post what I know just in case.

Erastus Hunter married Margaret Owen on 10 April 1856 in Wapello Co, IA. They had at least ten children. Jasper (1857), Samuel (1858), Alice (1861), Minerva (1863), Margaret (1865), Delilah (1867), Erastus (1870), Marion, Clara, and Starling.

Posted: 13 Sep 2003 1:40AM GMT
Edited: 18 Nov 2006 12:51PM GMT
Surnames: Hunter, Owen
Hi Stacy: My grandfather is Marion Hunter, son of Erastus Hunter Sr and Margaret Owen. He lived in Wapello County all his life. Probably named for Marion Twp, Davis Co, IA where Erastus also owned property. Would like to exchange Hunter family information with you. Can also contact me at: Joellyn Barton, 1411 Sunrise Circle, Ottumwa, IA 52501

Re: Iowa Hunters (Harold Hunter)

Posted: 17 Nov 2006 7:51AM GMT
Edited: 18 Nov 2006 12:50PM GMT
Surnames: Hunter
I have many relatives in the iowa area even Cedar Rapids..My grandfather [ Harold Hunter } was born in center point iowa. and his wife who he later divorced was Rev Rose hunter she was a minister in cedar rapids iowa, akron ohio, and independence Iowa she has a brother thats name was marion from cedar rapids iowa but his name would of n been sisco not sure if im any help but thought id l;et you know of a few hunters in iowa take care Jo

Posted: 23 Jun 2013 8:32PM GMT
STACEY
I HAVE INFO A LETTER THAT WAS DICTATED TO A HUNTER FAMILY MEMBER ABOUT ERASTUS GOING TO WALLA WALLA CALL ME AT 515-577-9058 OR I CAN SCAN IT TO YOU IF TOWANT
DENISE HUNTER
DAUGHTER OF DAVE HUNTER
SON OF RUSSELL HUNTER

Posted: 23 Jun 2013 10:00PM GMT
I have some family on Erastus Hunter on his trip to walla Walla dictacted to a nurse n 1934

hickmanhillapt@gmail.com can scan it to you
per page

Find a board about a specific topic