Posted: 3 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Aug 2002 3:51PM GMT
Surnames: HIGNITE, CALLAWAY
Need information on the family & ancestors of William "Bill"
Hignite and Nannie "Nan" Callaway (Calloway), they had son
named James William Hignite. This family was said to have
lived at Olive Hill, Carter Co.KY. Especially need Census
info on this family (except 1880 census).
The son James William Hignite b.Feb.25,1918 at Grayson,
Carter Co.KY. moved to mingo Co.WV. and married Mary Chafin.
All help appreciated.

Re: William Hignite & Nannie Callaway

Ima Jean Massie (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jul 2001 4:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Aug 2002 3:50PM GMT
Surnames: HIGNITE, DOTSON
Hi Russell, these are my grandparents..how are they related to you? James Hignite is one of my uncles..they had another son whose name is Clifford.and their daughters are: Roxie, Louise, Ina, Bessie, and Dora. James and Mary Hignite, lived at Lenore, Wva. they are both deceased they have many children and grandchildren, who are still in that vicinity..
My mother was Louise Dotson..we lived at Delbarton, Wva. I would love to know more about William and Nancy (nan) brothers and sister and their mother and father..if you have info please contact me at songbird@dragonbbs.com Thanks

Barbara J. Gooslin (View posts)
Posted: 3 Aug 2001 5:38AM GMT
Surnames: Hignite
Hello

William Hignite and Nannie Callaway are my great grandparents. My grnadmother was their daughter her name was Roxie Hignite Hite, and Roxies daughter Rosa Lea is my mother, we have a Hite Hignite family website and I have a picture of my great grandparents. How are you related to them. WOuld love to hear more. My email address is srg1267@bellsouth.net

and my mothers email address is freeman_rosa76@hotmail.com if you would like to get in contact with her. I live in Eastern Ky, Debord Ky and my mother was raised in Mingo COunty WV

Posted: 4 Aug 2002 1:23PM GMT
Edited: 4 Aug 2002 3:50PM GMT
my name larry kirk my mother dora was your mother sister i am trying to find our family tree and my grandparent

Posted: 4 Aug 2002 1:29PM GMT
Edited: 4 Aug 2002 3:51PM GMT
Surnames: HIGNITE
my name is larry kirk i live in south carolina my mom name is dora i would like to hear from u

Posted: 4 Aug 2002 4:50PM GMT
Edited: 5 Aug 2002 11:26AM GMT
Surnames: ROXIE, KIRK
my name is larry kirk my mother is dora kirk roxie and my mother are sisters im trying to find out about my grandparents email me at cecesfavorite@yahoo .net

Posted: 4 Aug 2002 4:55PM GMT
Edited: 5 Aug 2002 11:26AM GMT
Surnames: HIGNITE
hi im larry kirk my mother is dora kirk hignite i'm doing a family tree like to know more about my family e mail me at cecesfavorite@yahoo.net

Ima Jean Massie (View posts)
Posted: 5 Aug 2002 1:31PM GMT
Edited: 6 Aug 2002 3:17PM GMT
Hi Larry, It is so good to hear from you.....How long have you lived in South Carolina? I live in Ohio..I am sorry to hear about Aunt Dora's death. I have been in contact with other cousins this year...Ina and Millard Morgan's boy, (Bubby) he lives in Ky. and I have seen Linda, Earl, Homer and Rosa Lee, those are aunt Roxie's kids...my email address is songbird@dragonbbs.com..please write and tell me more about yourself and your family...waiting to hear from you...
your cousin,
Ima Jean Dotson Massie

Posted: 29 Dec 2012 4:53AM GMT
hi this is my great grand pa, my dad name is James Hignite jr my papaw is James HIgnite this is his father and mother,

Posted: 29 Dec 2012 4:57AM GMT
HI i am James Hignite grand daughter hope my dad is James hignite from mingo county i remember roxie and dorie pretty good roxie use to come and see papaw before she got ill ,
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions