Search for content in message boards

Galvin - Canada - USA

Galvin - Canada - USA

Kathleen (View posts)
Posted: 10 Dec 2004 1:35AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Galvin, Crowley, McDonald, Timpy
Hi, I am looking for anyone with information or a connection to the family of Patrick Jeremiah Galvin (1864 - 1942) and his wife Mary Crowley (1865 - 1943). Patrick and Mary were married in 1885 in Ennismore, Ontario Canada.

I believe the family moved to the Detroit area around 1930.

Children of Patrick and Mary were:

Mary Lillian (b. 1887 married James McDonald)
John James Percy (b. 1890)
Johanna Eveline (b. and d. 1892)
Patrick Joseph (b. 1893)
Gerald (b.1895)
Myrtle (b. 1897)
Colletta (1902 - 1980, married John Timpy)

Thanks.
Kathleen

Kathleen

Re: Galvin - Canada - USA

Posted: 11 Dec 2004 4:40PM GMT
I have the following I recorded from the marriage records of the Ontario Archives:

#9655-85 (Peterborough Co.): Patrick Galvin, 21, farmer, Ennismore, same, s/o John Galvin & Mary Gorman, married Mary Crowley, 20, Ennismore, same, d/o James Crowley & Joanna O'Keefe. Witn: Garret Galvin & Catherine Flood, both of Ennismore. 29 Sep 1885 at Ennismore (Rom Cath).

John Galvin was the son of Patrick Galvin and Margaret Cadigan (this comes from "Peter Robinson Settlers, 1823 - 1825," by Carol Bennett). Patrick was the son of Garrett Galvin and Mary Keene.

Posted: 27 Jul 2011 8:53PM GMT
I just stumbled across this old thread. I too am a direct descendant of Patrick Galvin, though his son Michael Charles Galvin. Have either of you ever found history of this Galvin line PRIOR to Garrett Galvin when they immigrated to 1825?

Posted: 21 Aug 2011 2:16PM GMT
Supposedly, the Galvins came from a hamlet called Rathea (Raw-hee) about 5 miles from Listowel, co. Kerry. That's not my research but a comment made a letter from a correspondent many years ago.

Posted: 31 May 2012 12:50AM GMT
Myrtle (Margaret) Galvin was my paternal grandmother. Are you a McDonald?

Posted: 31 May 2012 12:57AM GMT
Also Google "Hurley Family Tree". you'll find some good info there. My father Joseph Chamberlain passed away August 2011. I found numerous old photos and a 2 volume set History of the Diocese of Sault St Marie. I remember grandma Myrtle talking about the Loretto Sisters where they went to school. All in the books (I had them re-bound for posterity).
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions