Search for content in message boards

William Harrison Howe b.1834 Ohio

William Harrison Howe b.1834 Ohio

Posted: 27 Feb 2000 9:32PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jul 2002 3:26AM GMT
I am seeking the relatives of William Harrison Howe. In 1880 he lived in Putnam County, Missouri and had three sons and four daughters. William L. was born in 1864, Thomas was born in 1872, and Earl L. was born in 1889. William L. and Thomas were born in Missouri and Earl L. was born in Kansas. William Harrison Howe stated his father was born in Virginia and his mother was born in Maryland.

william harrison howe

tim howe (View posts)
Posted: 25 Apr 2000 11:16AM GMT
ken, please e-mail me as i am also seeking info on a howe (unk 1st name) from ohio.
this man was married to a leah and died some
time after 1828. his son was thomas edward
howe. born in fayette co ohio in 1828. i am
looking for his father. any info is appreciated. thank you.

William Howe; Ohio/Missouri

Joan Olsson (View posts)
Posted: 8 Sep 2000 6:18PM GMT
Hi William,
Although I am not certain of a connection, I believe your William may be from the Virginia Howe family I am working on. Tim, who replied to you, is probably working on this family also, as is Betty Davis. I am slowly putting together some of the pieces on this line. There is a William Howe. There is also a Thomas Howe, William's brother, who married an Anne "Nancy" Harrison. Check my other message re Deidama Howe in response to Chrissy.
Joan Olsson

Re: William Howe; Ohio/Missouri

Posted: 31 Jan 2002 12:02AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Jul 2002 3:26AM GMT
William Harrison Howe, born in Ohio in 1834 is my great grandfather. His father was born in Virginia, and his mother was born in Maryland. William moved to Missouri and had two sons William L. born in 1864 and Thomas born in 1872. His third son, Earl L., my grandfrather, was born in Kansas in 1889. Do these names help you?

Ken Howe

Re: William Howe; Ohio/Missouri

Posted: 22 Feb 2002 6:15AM GMT
Hello Joan-
I see that you are also working on our Howe family. You have responded to my cousin, Ken Howe. His Grandfather, Earl, & my Great Grandmother, Josiebelle (Howe) Blankinship, were half brother & sister. I will take a look at the information that you have posted on the Howe family. Our gedcom file on Ancestry is in need of fine tuning. There have been changes since it was submitted. But I just wanted to stop in & say hello from another Howe descendant.
Barb Westgarth

Re: William Harrison Howe b.1834 Ohio

Posted: 15 Jun 2003 11:06PM GMT
Hi Kenneth....I'm new to all of this and I've never posted a message before, so I hope this goes through ok. I am from Missouri & most of my family is from here too. We are descendants of a William Harrison Howe. I was told by one of my aunts that he was originally from Iowa and while traveling horse & buggy style to Springfield, MO ended up settling in Hale, MO where my grandpa was born. There are at least two sisters older than him, Mary and Leone (?Leona?) and possibly a third sister older than grandpa. Her name was Lucille. Grandma Lucy was pregnant with my grandpa Howe during this traveling. My grandpa's name was James Harrison Howe, born 03-22-1914 & passed away 06-05-1982. In all, there were 22 babies born to William Harrison Howe and his wife, Lucy Cathrine (Peel). Eleven survived & eleven babies died at birth or as infants. The other surviving children were: Earl Monroe, William (Bill), Nellie (Lorine?), Fary Norine ( my mother & I both were named after her, middle name Norine), Daisy, Edgar Lee (nick name Mike/ Mikie) and the youngest is Lillian Catherine. She, along with Uncle Mikie (Edgar Lee), are the only surviving children of our William Harrison Howe. My mother, Lillian, is named after her too. I don't know if this helps you or will lead us to know that we are somehow related, but that's about all the information I have on the family so far. My aunts are helpful with detailed information, some know more than others, but they stay in contact with my great Aunt Catherine, so hopefully we can get more information soon.
We all know how things can get mixed up going from person to person, generation to generation! I have a cousin who is deep into researching the Howe Family. I hope to be able to get with him soon so I can learn more about our ancestors.
Please let me know if this has been helpful or if you have any information that you think might be helpful to me in my search! Thank You! Carrie

Ken Howe (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jun 2003 11:28PM GMT
I just received the Civil War pension file for my great grandfather, William Harrison Howe. He was born in Fayette County, Ohio in 1834. He died at his daughter's home in Oregon in 1915. He served in the 42nd Missouri Infantry, Company C in the last two years of the war. His record indicated that he was married three times, my great grandmother is Jennie Norton (possibly her married name from a previous marriage) and she was born in 1854 and died in Chandler, Oklahoma in 1893. My great grandfather's second son. George W. Howe was born in Council Bluffs, Iowa in 1857 and his older brother James C. Howe was also born in Iowa in about 1855.

Mary Gainey (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jun 2003 2:09PM GMT
How much information do you have on 'your' James C. Howe born in 1855????

I am trying to find information on James Clarence Howe born about that time. He would be my great-grandmother's father.

I would appreciate any information you have.

Thanks!!!

Re: James C. Howe b.1855 Iowa

Ken Howe (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jun 2003 2:23AM GMT
I don' t have the town yet that James was born in. His brother, George, was born in Council Bluffs in 1857. Their mother was Mary Jewell and she was born in Indiana. The family moved to Kansas from Iowa and then to Missouri. Mary died in 1876 in Putnam County, Missouri in Lincoln Township. She had six children: James, George, Martha, Mary, William, and Josie.
James C, Howe married Amy L. Carr in Putnam County in 1876. Their first two children were William H. Howe and George E, Howe, William in 1878 and George in 1880. The county birth records indicate that they had a fourth child born April 21, 1887. The lived in Liberty Township of Putnam County, Missouri. I have county land records up to 1890.

Re: James C. Howe b. 1855 Iowa

Ken Howe (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jun 2003 7:43PM GMT
A 6th child is shown in the Putnam County, MO. records born to James Howe in 1896, July 18. The name listed is Essie Jane Howe and the family is living in Lincoln Township. The age for the parents is correct, but the mother's name is Laura instead of Amy. The wife of James C. Howe is Amy L. Carr. I have not found the family yet on the 1900 census.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic