Search for content in message boards

African-American Hunters

African-American Hunters

Posted: 12 Jun 2002 3:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 May 2005 7:45PM GMT
Surnames: Hunter
starting a family tree, and really don't know where to start, I have very little information on the hunter side of my family. would anyone be willing to help me

Re: African-American Hunters

Posted: 13 Jun 2002 3:11PM GMT
what state?

Posted: 13 Jun 2002 3:59PM GMT
Alabama( not sure where) and Macon Georgia.

Thank you for any help you can offer

Patrick Hunter (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jun 2002 4:18AM GMT
http://genforum.genealogy.com/hunter/
you may wish to take a look through the message board at the link above.

Posted: 7 Jan 2003 9:14PM GMT
Edited: 1 May 2005 7:50PM GMT
I've been trying to find info myself for African/American Hunter's. The only info I have is on my ex-husbands side-his grandfather's name was Charles Hunter and his wife's name was Arma.They had 3 girls-Myrtle,Elizabeth and Thelma-all Hunter's.If any ring a bell please contact me.I have a little more info on these relatives.

Re: African-American Hunters; Minter, Dallas County, Alabama

Posted: 4 Aug 2004 9:53PM GMT
Edited: 1 May 2005 7:47PM GMT
Diane,

My Hunters are from Minter, Dallas County, Alabama. What are the names and relationships of your Hunters from Alabama?

Posted: 6 Dec 2004 7:49PM GMT
Edited: 1 May 2005 7:48PM GMT
Candance... I too am looking for The Hunters of Dallas County... maybe you can help me... I know there is Tom Hunter father of John and Louise.... i am still trying to get more info from my grandmother
Not sure of Tom's wife name... but i know she is american indian

Sherri Grady (View posts)
Posted: 30 Apr 2005 1:59AM GMT
I am also looking for African-American Hunters from GA (Twiggs or Pulaski Co). My ancestor was Ruffin Hunter and he was married to Kittie Axam. They had several children including my great grandmother Sallie.

Posted: 23 Aug 2006 4:24PM GMT
Edited: 24 Aug 2006 2:22PM GMT
Surnames: Hunter, Pruitt, Moorer
I am looking for information of the Hunter, Pruitt, Moorer Families from Lwends County Alabama. My (late) father was James Moorer. His father was Bill (or Will) Pruitt from Farmersville Alabama. Bill had many kids. Some of the names areEdna Mae Hunter, Cora Mae Hunter, Wortherine Hunter and Miley Moorer. They are conected somehow to the Hunters in Braggs, Mt. Willing, Whitehall, Furman, Fort Deposit, Leto Hatchett, Tyo and Dothan Alabama also. If anyone has any information on any Black family member from the Moorer, Pruitt, Thicklin or Hunter families, I would be blessed to find the information.

Posted: 28 Apr 2010 4:38AM GMT
Surnames: Thicklin
Hi,

My name is Diana Dixon. I am related to the Thicklin family and believe we are connected via the Pruitt as well. It looks like you wrote some time ago, however, if you do check this posting I would be happy to work with you to put the family tree together should we be related. We have many Thicklin family members in Alabama and Kentucky as well. You can email me at watablessing2cu@yahoo.com.

Diana
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions