Search for content in message boards

William Adams of England whom came to and settled in Massachusets circa 1656 - 1748}

William Adams of England whom came to and settled in Massachusets circa 1656 - 1748}

Posted: 31 Jul 2000 5:46PM GMT
Edited: 20 Aug 2006 3:26PM GMT
Anoque Mundi 6004 {anoque Domin' 2000}
William Adams whose wifes' name is not known,
was the Father of Hannah Adams whom was Born in Massachusets
circa 1679.
The ancestry and parentage of William Adams remains a conjecture
as to him being the First Born William, or the Second Born William.
In that though the tradition of naming two children, of the same marriage,
by the same forename was not the rule, it was however the exception in more than
a few British {English} Family Households.
The ancestral parentage of which being, the marriage of Randall Adams and Margaret
Erpe, of England Who are shown as then living,
upon the {vistation of that time} to have had at least one child named William Adams
and another child whose name is not mentioned, to except that he was their son and lived.
The Shrop Shire visitation of England - as are each of the Voluminous editions, of those
carefully compiled callings of Early Sixteenth century England - is quite clear as to the
mentioned lineage of William Adams and the son whose name is not mentioned.
Later historian genealogist authors have suggested that William was the Descendant of Randall
Adams and Margaret Erpe. And one of the Adams family descendants has described that the descent
of William Adams was not of the Erpe Family.
I am of direct descent, of lineage, of Hannah Adams, the Daughter of William Adams.
What is missing are the detail and info' data of the certain ancestry, of William Adams above named id est;
Parrish Records, Baptismal Records, Marriage Records, A sibling family member bible, a letter written at that
time or some monument, or edifice which names the relation and marriage, of William Adams or as per the Allied ,
or and Collateral data, and info' which should exist with the ancestry, of the wife, of William Adams above named.
Most Modestly, I Am,
S' E' M' D'

William...Hannah

Posted: 1 Aug 2000 4:13PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 11:27PM GMT
There was a Hannah b. Medfield, Mass 1685. daughter of Lieu. Henry.M. June 9, 1703, Edward Clark, son of Benjamin and Dorcas (Morse) Clark: b in Medfield Nov 11, 1679 settled in Medway, Mass.
The other lines of descent are "Henry of Braintree," " John of Plymouth," " William of Ipswich," "Robert of Newbury," and "George of Watertown."

William Adams whom wed ? {of ?}

Posted: 1 Aug 2000 6:58PM GMT
Hi Jeffery,
The above William Adams wed to either a native
of his home Country England, or to a woman whom he had
the fortune, to know in the New World; id est; in the Mas' Bay Colony,
her name and parentage also ancestry, I do not find as per the several
authors, chroniclers, clerics or clerks of that period.
Yes - the line of Adams family members, of Ipswich and, of BrainTree
are usually wriiten of.
I also find as per the diary, of the Grand_father{s} of our Country{s}
Presidents Adams, that Rev' Nathaniel Brewster {my ancestor} is mentioned
as per family parlor lunches, teas, and social gatherings.
Allthough the William Adams upon whom this data Base is continued, was not the ancestor
of either, of the Presidents Adams thus far. Nor do I find a ancestral relation in common
of the same.
The unbroken lineage and heritage generations of HAnnah Adams - Francis Munsy and onwards are clear to a fault.
Though the wife, of the above named William Adams is not yet revealed.
Most Humbly,
I am,
S' E' M' D'

William Adams whom wed ? {of ?}

Posted: 1 Aug 2000 6:58PM GMT
Hi Jeffery,
The above William Adams wed to either a native
of his home Country England, or to a woman whom he had
the fortune, to know in the New World; id est; in the Mas' Bay Colony,
her name and parentage also ancestry, I do not find as per the several
authors, chroniclers, clerics or clerks of that period.
Yes - the line of Adams family members, of Ipswich and, of BrainTree
are usually wriiten of.
I also find as per the diary, of the Grand_father{s} of our Country{s}
Presidents Adams, that Rev' Nathaniel Brewster {my ancestor} is mentioned
as per family parlor lunches, teas, and social gatherings.
Allthough the William Adams upon whom this data Base is continued, was not the ancestor
of either, of the Presidents Adams thus far. Nor do I find a ancestral relation in common
of the same.
The unbroken lineage and heritage generations of HAnnah Adams - Francis Munsy and onwards are clear to a fault.
Though the wife, of the above named William Adams is not yet revealed.
Most Humbly,
I am,
S' E' M' D'

WIliam

Meredith Adams (View posts)
Posted: 14 Nov 2000 4:28PM GMT
I think I'm part of this lineage, can we talk?

William Adams OF England - Colonial America

Posted: 14 Nov 2000 5:51PM GMT
Edited: 16 Mar 2005 12:44AM GMT
Anoque Mundi 6005 {`2000; 11; 14}

Dear Meredith Adams,

I welcome your brief quiry as per the Adams
lineage.

You may then of course be at ease with a
view to discuss albeit "talk" of the extant,
proven also conjectural Data and info' which
does attend unto the Adams of England - to
wit the Adams of Colonial America / New
England.

The William Adams of whom I am relative
lived some five generations anterior to your
last traced Adams ancestor of circa `1820.

The chief fact, of the Adams, of New
England is that the actual common ancestor,
of Each, of the three respective "Branches"
is yet conjectural.

To mean that if as or and when your
attentive research reveals, your ancestral
Adams lineage earlier than '1820, that
perforce if then of a colonial "Branch" 'may'
proove of the three heretofore proven
colonial "Branches".

Further that the William Adams of whom I am
of Direct descent from was, Of England though
note that the other famous Adams Men id est;
The two American presidents were of another
lineage than was my ancestor William.
Conjecture withstood - Id est if related, the
common ancestor is yet to become proven.
Though the parentage of William Adams {Above}
is quite rare to proove, in that most
historians find that {The} William Adams was
a son {a second son within the same
family} whom was also named William - a some
times Event in urban England during the
formative years of colonial expansion. Which
I have found to be the ensample upon carefull
review - study - also research of the period.
{modern writers have spelled example}

One of the Adams Descendents does not accept
that the parentage of William is as appears,
in the published editions, of the visitations
- Englands' census} from circa `1518 onward.
Though William was certainly of England and
most often is shown in the print - and later
editions of early written records as being
of the Adams - Erpe family there about
Shrop_Shire.

But certain is the nature and time of history.

The Right Honorable Baron, of the Order,
of the Magna Charta Somerset Chapter,
in England,
D'r Prof' Stephen E'e M'l Diamond, L' L' D',
K' G' S'

Re: William Adams of England whom came to and settled in Massachusets circa 1656 - 1748}

Posted: 10 Aug 2001 4:11AM GMT
Edited: 10 Sep 2001 1:52AM GMT
Surnames: Adams, Stearns, Kinsman, Knowleton,Dickenson, Erpe, Jamison, Sanderson. Gladden, Runnebaum, Blum
RANDAL ADAMS:
I am of the direct lineage of Randal Adams. It is my understanding that he was born in Northwood, Shrewburg, England in 1530. Md UNKNOWN in 1555 and he had two children:
1. William
2. Thomas md Margarete ERPE and had 5 children
1. Mary
2. John
3. Thomas
4. Roland
5. William (My lineage & yours) B: 2-3-1595 England
Md UNKNOWN (1619) came to us in 1628 Cambridge MA
1. William
2. Samauel
3. John
4. Elizabeth
5. Mary
6. Hannah (Your Lineage)
7. Nathaniel (My Lineage) B: 12-8-1642 md Mercy Dickerson 6-30-1668
1. Thomas Adams B: 6-14-1672 md Bethia_______
1. Thomas B: 8-31-1699 md Deborah Knowlton 4-17-1722
1. Benjamin
2. Ephriam (Mine) B 10-18-1724 md Lydia Kinsman 4-6-1749
1. Thomas
2. Stephen
3. Daniel
4. Lydia
5. Ephriam (Mine) B: 12-15-1749 md Elizabeth Stearns
1. Benjamin Stearns Adams B: 6-6-1794 md Nancy Sanderson-Adams-Chance
1. John Quincy
2. Elizabeth Grace
3. Ellen Russell
4. Nancy Isabelle
5. Malinda Caroline
6. Cynthia Ann B 4-27-1828 md Anderson Gladden 4-28-1845
1. James
2. Robert Bruce
3. Joseph
4. Malinda Caroline
5. John Quincy
6. William Anderson
7. Perry Albert (Mine) md Nanna Elizabeth Jamison
1. Eunice Gladden Shuster
2. Gertrude Gladden Bonham
3. Victor Leo Gladden md Odelia Blum (Mine)
1. Virginia Lee Gladden (Susie) md William Ralph Runnebaum
1. Tamara Copeland (ME) md James Copeland
1. Heather LeeAnn
2. Matthew Austin
2. Stacy Driscoll md William Driscoll
1. Lindsay

Re: William Adams of England whom came to and settled in Massachusets circa 1656 - 1748}

Posted: 10 Aug 2001 5:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Adams, Erpe, Muncy, Brewster
`2001 August Tenth
pacif'c time a' m'

Dear Tamara Copeland,

I take it then that your source - which you have understood - is not the Visitation of Shrop Shire / either volume or edition.

In that the above referenced compilation {read census} of that period and time does set fourth that Randal Adams wed Margarate Erpe {Whose parentage is alluded to be of the Erpe - Puselaw - Kemp heritage / lineage} though that William was then son to Randall _ not Thomas. Pray tell your source which I might examine more carefully.

Also the early genealogist writings, of the Colonial period ,in the Colony of Masachusets {early spelling} have stated that no connection had then been found as to the relationship of {our} William Adams and the Two Presidents Adams.

Though I do find that within your listed pedigree which clearly relates my Hannah {the senior sibling} to your Nathaniel {the following and junior sibling} two John Quincy Adams therein.

Signed most Favorably,
D'r Prof' Stephen E' Diamond, L' L' D'

Posted: 10 Aug 2001 10:03PM GMT
Surnames: Muncy, Brewster, Purselaw, Kemp
`2001 August Tenth,

Adenta {Read Addendum} to the earlier reply to Tamara Copeland. As does reguard the Adams Ancestry.

That, ... Purselaw is the given spelling / Puselaw would be an earlier spelling.

Signed,
S' E' M' D'

Posted: 19 Aug 2001 6:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Sep 2001 1:52AM GMT
I have documented proof of the ADAMS line that goes back to Benjamin Stearns Adams my GGGG grandfather. Howevr, the information that links me to Randall Adams has all been retrieved by the internet. I have not yet validated all of the information.

Below are exerpts from the Adams lineage. To my knowledge my ADAMS lineage line is not related to John Quincy Adams the president. It is interesting that my line of ADAMS came to the US about the same time as John and John Quincy ADAMS and lived in the same areas but I have not been able to link them.

There are decendants in my line that named their children John Quincy Adams but it is not the same John Quincy ADAMS that was President of the US.

Please refer to the information below so that you can compare notes with your line. It appears that we are related and we have the same lineage line. Your Hannah was the older sibling of my GGGGGGGG grandfather Nathaniel ADAMS. The only difference is who is the oldest grandparent. Randall or Thomas??

Adams in Tenn
Author: Vera Date: 23 Apr 1999 5:20 AM
In Reply to: Tennessee Adams m. Louisa Jane Orr by: Kimberlee Miller

Post New Message | Post Reply | Mark Unread | Report Abuse Print Message

Benjamin Stearns Adams, b. Aug 6, 1794 in New Ipswich, NH mar. Nancy Sanderson also b. in New Ipswich, NH, they moved to East Tenn, had five children. Benjamin was a teacher. Does this help.
His parents were Dea. Ephraim Adams, Jr. and Elizabeth Stearns. I have more information on the family but not on Benjamin and Nancy.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BENJAMIN ADAMS
Author: RAQUEL Date: 10 May 1999 5:08 AM
In Reply to: Adams in Tenn by: Vera

the Benjamin Adams I have in our family was born 1812 in TN he came from a large family some of his brothers and sisters are
James Adams 1800
Lewis Thomas Adams 1799
Frances Adams 1802
Elizabeth Adams1804
Dudley Adams 1806
John w. Adams 1809
Benjamin 1812
Collins 1814

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

| Post Reply | Mark Unread | Report Abuse Print Message

ï‚· Name: Ephraim Adams
ï‚· Sex: M
ï‚· Birth: BEF. 18 OCT 1724 in Ipswich, Essex, Massachusetts
ï‚· Death: 26 MAR 1797 in New Ipswich, Hillsborough, New Hampshire
ï‚· Note:
[Holdit.GED]

[Catchall.FTW]

Ephraim Adams was military served under Capt. Joseph Parker on 18 Jul 1777.

Ephraim Adams' will is dated December 27, 1796.

A copy of the original handwritten will is availablein the archives of the Family History Library at Salt Lake City, Utah.;. A transcription of that will is presented here.

Will

Adams Ephme

In the name of God Amen. The Twenty seventh day of December Anno Domini one thousand seven hundred and ninety six.

I Ephraim Adams of New Ipswich in the County of Hillsboro and state of New Hampshire calling to mind the mortality of my body and knowing that it is appointed for all men once to die, do make and ordain this my last will and testament that principally and first of alI give and recommend my soul into the hands of God who gave it and my body I recommend to the earth to be buried in a decent christian burial at the discretion of my executor nothing doubting but at the general ressurection I shall receive the same by the mighty powrs of God and that that worldly estate wherewith it hath pleased God to blefs me in this life I gie, demise, and dispose the same in the following manner

My Will is that all my Just debts be paid by my executor hereafter named

Item, I give and bequeath unto Rebecca my dearly beloved Wife, her heirs and afsigns one third part of my personal estate: also the free use and improvement of one third part of my real estate during her natural life.

Item, I give and bequeath unto my eldest son Ephraim Adams his heirs and afsigns seventeen pounds two shillings & pence, which sum together with what he has already received is his full share of my Estate.

Item, I give and bequeath unto my son Thomas Adams his heirs and afsigns thirty five pounds three shillings and four pence as his full share of my estate with what he has already received.

Item, I give and bequeath unto my son Stephen Adams his heirs and afsigns eighty three pounds as his full share of my estate and as full discharge of the demands he may have against my estate which bequest is upon this condition that he calls upon my executor first within two years after my decease.

Item, I give and bequeath unto the children of my late son Daniel Adams twenty pounds two shillings & four pence to be equally divided amongst them who shall be living at my decease.

Item, I give and bequeath unto my daughter Lydia Wheeler her heirs and afsigns eleven pounds three shillings and six pence which sum together with what she has heretofore received is considered as her portion of my estate.

Item, I give and bequeath unto my son Ebenezer Adams his heirs and afsigns thirteen pounds two shillings & seven pence as his full portion of my estate together with what he has already received.

Item, Item I give and bequeath unto my daughter Rebecca Adams her heirs and afsigns fifty nine pounds eight shillings & three pence being her share of my estate.

Item, I give and bequeath unto my daughter Betsy Adams her heirs and afsigns fifty nine pounds eight shillings & three pence being her full share of my estate.

Item, I give and bequeath unto my son James Adams his heirs and afsigns twenty one pounds nine shillings and five pence as his share of my estate in addition to what he has received.

Item, I give and bequeath unto my son Quincy Adams his heirs and afsigns all the rest and residue of my Estate both real and personal not in this Will disposed of otherwise wherever the same is situate, he the said Quincy paying the debts and legacies herein mentioned in the following manner, viz, all sums of Money mentioned as legacies to be considered at the rate of six shillings and eight pence per and the legacies to become payable within one year after my decease excepting then pounds on each legacy which is to become payable at my wifes decease. Stephen Adams' legacy however is not subject to this last exception but the whole to be considered as due in one year after my decease.

My Will further is that so long as either of my daughters remain single or unmarried my executor provide them with suitable & convenient home room.

And I do hereby appoint & constitute my son Quincy Adams aforesaid sole executor of this my last Will & Testament and I do enjoin it upon him to give his mother her choice either to take her thirds as herein mentioned or to fulfill to her the conditions of a bond he has signed respecting her support and I do hereby revoke and disannul all former Wills, bequest & executors heretofore named & bequested in any manner whatsoever declaring this and no other to be my last will & Testament.

Signed, Sealed, published prononced & delivered by the said Ephraim Adams as his Last Will & Testament the day above written in presence of w

Ephraim Hartwell

Solomon Brooks

Timo [ ]

Ephraim Adams seal.

Father: Thomas Adams b: 31 AUG 1699 in Ipswich, Essex, Massachusetts
Mother: Deborah Knowlton

Marriage 1 Lydia Kinsman
ï‚· Married: 6 APR 1749 in Ipswich, Essex, Massachusetts
Children
1. Ephraim Adams b: 15 DEC 1749
2. Thomas Adams b: 12 SEP 1751
3. Stephen Adams b: 6 NOV 1753
4. Daniel Adams b: 25 AUG 1755
5. Lydia Adams b: 16 JUL 1757

Marriage 2 Rebecca Locke
ï‚· Married: 18 NOV 1761 in Ipswich, Essex, Massachusetts
Children
1. John Adams b: 10 NOV 1762
2. John Adams b: 29 FEB 1764
3. Ebenezer Adams b: 2 OCT 1765
4. Rebecca Adams b: 27 JUL 1767
5. James Adams b: 20 MAY 1769
6. Betsey Adams b: 13 MAR 1772
7. Quincy Adams b: 29 SEP 1775

ï‚· ID: I22673
ï‚· Name: Ephraim Adams
ï‚· Birth: 15 DEC 1749
ï‚· Death: 15 APR 1825
ï‚· Note:
[Holdit.GED]

[Catchall.FTW]

Ephraim was military soldier at the Lexington Alarm on 19 Apr 1775.

Father: Ephraim Adams b: BEF. 18 OCT 1724 in Ipswich, Essex, Massachusetts
Mother: Lydia Kinsman

Marriage 1 Elizabeth Stearns
ï‚· ID: I22681
ï‚· Name: Elizabeth Stearns
ï‚· Sex: F

Marriage 1 Ephraim Adams b: 15 DEC 1749
ï‚· ID: I3247
ï‚· Name: Ephraim ADAMS
ï‚· Given Name: Ephraim
ï‚· Surname: ADAMS
ï‚· Note: He was a soldier in the Colonial Forces and in the Revoluti onary Army. Ephraim and Lydia moved to New Ipswich, NH abou t 1746-48, they were among thirteen families of the first s ettlers. He was a soldier against the French in 1746. Afte r returning from service he was married and came to N. Ipsw ich, Mass probably at the same time as his brother Benjamin , and settled upon the North Division lot 21, where his hou se is still standing (1914). Thishouse was surrounded by " flaukers" (probably stockades) for protection against India ns, but no tradition of ever having been attacked . He wa s a leading citizen and served in the Provincial Congress e tc, and served five years in the State Legislature. He als o served in the field but carelessness in the Cpmpany roll s makes it impossible to determine withcertainty between hi s name and that of his eldest son. There seems to be no do ubt but that he was in Capt Smith's company at the battle o f White Plains. He was one of the two deacons elected at t he organization of the churches. He had fourteen children , among whom was Lydia who married Nathan Wheeler. 1
ï‚· Birth: 17 OCT 1724 in New Ipswitch MA
ï‚· Death: MAR 1797 in New Ipswitch MA

Father: Thomas (4) ADAMS b: 31 AUG 1699 in New Ipswitch MA
Mother: Deborah KNOWLTON

Marriage 1 Lydia KINSMAN
ï‚· Married: 1749

Marriage 2 Rebecca LOCKE
ï‚· Married: 1761

Sources:
1. Abbrev: History of New Ipswich, MA
Title: History of New Ipswich, MA
Author: S. H. Chandler & Sarah Fiske 1914.
Page: Page 178
Quality: 3

ï‚· ID: I3240
ï‚· Name: Thomas (4) ADAMS
ï‚· Given Name: Thomas (4)
ï‚· Note: He was a soldier in the Colonial Forces. Thomas was earl y interested in the settlement of New Ipswich, New Hampshir e, having two 80 acre lots under the Mass grants, which h e probably lost by not proving up on them. He held 5 shar es of the Masonian Charter, giving him title to more tha n 2 square miles, upon 240 acres of which his sons Ephrai m and Benjamin were the original settlers.
ï‚· Birth: 31 AUG 1699 in New Ipswitch MA
ï‚· Death: 1765

Father: Thomas (3) ADAMS b: 14 JUN 1672 in Ipswitch, Essex, MA
Mother: Bethiah UNKNOWN

Marriage 1 Deborah WIGGLESUT

Marriage 2 Deborah KNOWLTON
ï‚· Married: 17 APR 1722
Children
1. Ephraim ADAMS b: 17 OCT 1724 in New Ipswitch MA
2. Benjamin ADAMS b: in New Ipswitch MA

ï‚· ID: I3237
ï‚· Name: Thomas (3) ADAMS
ï‚· Given Name: Thomas (3)
ï‚· Birth: 14 JUN 1672 in Ipswitch, Essex, MA
ï‚· Death: 14 OCT 1729

Father: Nathaniel ADAMS b: 8 DEC 1642 in Ipswitch, Essex, MA
Mother: Mercy DICKENSON

Marriage 1 Bethiah UNKNOWN
Children
1. Thomas (4) ADAMS b: 31 AUG 1699 in New Ipswitch MA

ï‚· ID: I3200
ï‚· Name: Nathaniel ADAMS
ï‚· Given Name: Nathaniel
ï‚· Birth: 8 DEC 1642 in Ipswitch, Essex, MA
ï‚· Death: 11 APR 1715 in Ipswitch, Essex, MA

Father: >William (1) ADAMS b: 3 FEB 1595 in Wem, Shrewsbury Salop, Shropshire, England
Mother: UNKNOWN (15)

Marriage 1 Mercy DICKENSON
ï‚· Married: 30 JUN 1668 in Ipswitch, Essex, MA
Children
1. Thomas (3) ADAMS b: 14 JUN 1672 in Ipswitch, Essex, MA

ï‚· ID: I3193
ï‚· Name: >William (1) ADAMS
ï‚· Given Name: >William (1)
ï‚· Note: William Adams was a descendant of one of the old Saxon fami lies that settled in central England far back in the earl y history of that country. He was born in England Feb. 1594 , the youngest son of Thomas and Margaret (Erpe) Adams of W em, Shropshire, England. He married in 1619, name unknown , and had four sons and probably more children. He came t o America, with four sons, in the Spring of 1628 and firs t settled in Cambridge, MA where he resided until 1642, the n he took up land on the Ipswich river, in what is now Hami lton, MA He was recorded as a freeman in Cambridge in 163 9. Reference has beenfound to a son John and also a son W illiam, but no further information. In 1900 much of his la nd was still owned and occupied by Adams descendants. It wa s said this branch of the Adams family was tall and muscula r with large features, hazel eyes, and black hair. 1
ï‚· Birth: 3 FEB 1595 in Wem, Shrewsbury Salop, Shropshire, England
ï‚· Death: 2 JAN 1661 in Cambridge, Middlesex, MA

Father: >Thomas (1) ADAMS
Mother: >Margaret ERPE

Marriage 1 UNKNOWN (15)
Children
1. >William (2) ADAMS b: 1620 in Cambridge, Middlesex, MA
2. Samuel (1) ADAMS b: 1624 in Cambridge England
3. John (2) ADAMS b: 1632 in Ipswitch, Essex, MA
4. Hannah ADAMS b: 1635 in Cambridge, Middlesex, MA
5. Nathaniel ADAMS b: 8 DEC 1642 in Ipswitch, Essex, MA
6. Elizabeth (1) ADAMS b: 1643
7. Mary (2) ADAMS b: 1643 in Cambridge, Middlesex, MA

Sources:
1. Abbrev: History of New Ipswich, MA
Title: History of New Ipswich, MA
Author: S. H. Chandler & Sarah Fiske 1914.
Page: p178

ï‚· ID: I3180
ï‚· Name: >Thomas (1) ADAMS
ï‚· Given Name: >Thomas (1)
ï‚· Note: From the History of Adams' Grammer School in Wem. Thomas pu rchased land and became a tanner in Wem.
ï‚· Death: 1598 in Northwood, (Wem) Shrewsbury, England

Father: >Randall ADAMS b: 1530 in Northwood, (Wem) Shrewsbury, England
Mother: UNKNOWN >(1)

Marriage 1 >Margaret ERPE
Children
1. Mary (1) ADAMS b: 1582
2. John (1) ADAMS b: 1584 in Northwood, (Wem) Shrewsbury, England
3. Thomas (2) ADAMS b: 6 DEC 1586 in Wem, Shrewsbury Salop, Shropshire, England
4. Roland ADAMS b: 29 JUN 1592 in Wem, Shropshire, England
5. >William (1) ADAMS b: 3 FEB 1595 in Wem, Shrewsbury Salop, Shropshire, England

ï‚· ID: I3175
ï‚· Name: >Randall ADAMS
ï‚· Given Name: >Randall
ï‚· Birth: 1530 in Northwood, (Wem) Shrewsbury, England 1
ï‚· Death: in Northwood, (Wem) Shrewsbury, England

Marriage 1 UNKNOWN >(1)
ï‚· Married: 1555
Children
1. William (2) ADAMS b: 1556 in Wem, Shropshire, England
2. >Thomas (1) ADAMS

Sources:
1. Abbrev: History of Adams Grammer School
Title: History of Adams Grammer School
Author: W. J. Clark 1953
Page: p2

Ebenezer Stearns
Author: Paul Wright Date: 22 Feb 2001 5:34 AM
In Reply to: STEARNS FAMILY by: KAY SAROW MILES

Hi
This is the information I have on your Ebenezer Stearns. Your Ebenezer in (6205)
Source =Genealogy and Memoirs of Charles and Nathaniel Stearns, and Their Descendants (available from Higginson Books in Salem Mass or on line at genealogylibrary.com

000--CHARLES STEARNS, date of birth unknown; md. (1), Hannah (???), who d., June 30,
1651; md. (2), June 22, 1654, Rebecca Gibson, dau. of John and Rebecca Gibson, of Cambridge;
seven children.

6001--SAMUEL STEARNS (6008), b., June 2, 1650, in Watertown, Mass.

6002--SHUBAEL STEARNS (6011), b., Sept. 20, 1655, in Cambridge, Mass.

6011--SHUBAEL STEARNS (6002), b., Sept. 20, 1655, son of Charles and Rebecca (Gibson)
Stearns, of Cambridge, Mass.; md. Mary Upton (?) of Reading, Mass., and settled in Lynn, probably
near the border of Reading. He belonged to the Narragansett Expedition. No record of his marriage
has been discovered, but "Mary Upton, of Reading, Mass., md. Shubael Stearns, of Lynn," whether
this Shubael or a descendant is unknown. Testimony of Samuel Trail, aged 95 years and upwards;
remembers Shubael Stearns of Lynn, who came from Watertown and was in the army. Shubael's will
is dated, Nov. 19, 1733; proved, Sept. 2, 1734; nine children.

6012--SHUBAEL STEARNS JR. (6039), b., Aug. 19, 1638, in Lynn, Mass.

6013--SAMUEL STEARNS (6050), b., Sept. 12, 1685.

6014--HANNAH STEARNS, b., 1687; md., Mar. 21, 1710, at Lynn, Masas., Dr. James Stimson.
About 1716, they moved to Tolland, Conn., where he was the first practicing physician, and where he
d., Mar. 10, 1758; six children.

(a)--Ichabod Stimson, b., Jan. 22, 1713.
(b)--Eneas Stimson, b., May 25, 1714.
(c)--Hannah Stimson, b., Mar. 22, 1716.
(d)--Jas. Stimson Jr., b., Sept. 20, 1719.
(e)--Naomi Stimson, b., Nov. 8, 1722.
(f)--Thomas Stimson, b., July 26, 1725.

6015--MARY STEARNS, b., Apr. 10, 16--; md., Dec. 20, 1726, Nathaniel Flint; two dau.

(a)--Elizabeth Flint.
(b)--Mary Flint.

6016--JOHN STEARNS (6058), b., 1691; d. ,Mar. 10, 1787.

6017--EBENEZER STEARNS (6071), b., 1693.

6018--MARTHA STEARNS b., 1695; was living, Nov. 19, 1733.

6019--ELEANOR STEARNS, b., 1697; md., Dec. 22, 1730, Nathaniel Brown, of Reading.

6020--REBECCA STEARNS, b., 1699; md. Mr. Greenslit.

6071--EBENEZER STEARNS (6017), b., 1693, son of
Shubael and Mary Stearns, of Lynn, Mass.; md., Oct. 25, 1717, Martha Burnap, of Reading, Mass.;
children, b. in Sutton, eleven in number.

6072--EBENEZER STEARNS JR, (6205). b., Feb. 26, 1720.

6073--ELIZABETH STEARNS, b., Aug. 14, 1721.

6074--JOHN STEARNS, b., Feb. 10, 1723; administrator of his father's estate; probably of
Belchertown.

6075--JONATHAN STEARNS, b., June 26, 1725.

6076--HANNAH STEARNS, b., Jan. 27, 1727.

6077--DAVID STEARNS (6211) b., Mar. 25, 1729.

6078--MARY STEARNS, b., Oct. 27, 1730.

6079--SARAH STEARNS, b., May 11, 1732.

6080--BETHIA STEARNS, b., June 7, 1734.

6081--THOMAS STEARNS, b., Feb. 16, 1736.

6082--REUBEN STEARNS, b., June 21, 1737.

6205--EBENEZER STEARNS JR. (6072), b., Feb. 26, 1720, son of Ebenezer and Martha
(Burnap) Stearns, of Sutton, Mass.; md., 1742, Jane Stockwell, of Sutton, Mass., b., 1722. They
settled in Sutton, Mass., and he died at a garrison on Lake George, in the French and Indian War.
His widow died. July 16, 1808. at Hinesboro, Vt.; five children.

6206--EBENEZER STEARNS 3d. (6449), (by one record given as Ebenezer I. Stearns), b., 1743.

6207--JONATHAN STEARNS (6457), b., Feb. 10, 1745; was Capt. in Revolutionary War.

6208--REBECCA STEARNS, md., Jan. 25, 1762, in Northampton, Mass., Seth Burk, son of
Richard and Mary

Burk, of Brookfield, Mass. Seth Burk chose Dea. Supply Kingsley, of Northampton, Mass., to be his
guardian, Apr. 14, 1756.

(a)--Sybil Burk, bapt., Sept. 19, 1762.

6209--ABIGAIL STEARNS, md. Mr. Moffat.

6210--DAUGHTER.

** The figures following the names refer to the time of their first appointment, as justices throughout the State.

p. 36
ROCKINGHAM -- JUSTICES
Fitzwilliam
N. PARKER - 1806
Gilmanton
S. MOODY - 1823
Pearson COGSWELL - 1820
Goffstown
D.L. MORRILL - 1822
Hanover
Tim FARRAR, Jr. - 1825
Haverhill
Ezra BARTLETT - 1819
Hillsboro
Benj. PIERCE - 1806
Holderness
A. LIVERMORE - 1798
Hopkinton
John HARRIS - 1824
Jaffrey
Abel PARKER - 1813
Keene
Samuel DINSMOOR - 1824
Kingstown
Levi BARTLETT - 1806
Lancaster
A.N. BRACKETT - 1806
Lebanon
A. HUTCHINSON - 1809
Lime
Jonathan FRANKLIN - 1814
N.Hampton
T. LEAVITT - 1814
Daniel GOOKIN - 1812
Ossipee
Samuel QUARLES - 1822
Plymouth
Ph. WALKER - 1826
Portsmouth
Nath. ADAMS - 1792
Clement STORES - 1805
Levi WOODBURY - 1816
John F. PARROT - 1823
Benjamin PENHALLOW - 1825
Rochester
Nath. UPHAM - 1823
Sanbornton
N. TAYLOR - 1815
Stratham
Josiah BARTLETT - 1824
Walpole
Roger VOSE - 1819
Stephen R. BRADLEY - 1823
Wentworth
Caleb KEITH - 1823
ROCKINGHAM - Justices of the Peace and Quorum.
Candia
Daniel FITTS
Chester
Joseph BLANCHARD
John BELL
William WHITE
John FOLSOM
Deerfield
Benjamin BUTLER
Josiah BUTLER
Derry
Christopher S. THOM
Peter PATTERSON
William ADAMS

Ebeenezer was born 1765 / Ephraim's (born 1724) son ---The income is chiefly devoted to aid pious, indigent young men in obtaining an education for the Gospel ministry. There are 13 Trustees, of whom Ebenezer ADAMS, Prof. at Hanover, is President and Treasurer.
p. 77 Literary And Scientifick Societies. Portsmouth Athenaeum. Incorporated June 21,1817 President, Nathaniel ADAMS
p. 78
List of Writers in New Hampshire from 1685.
Daniel ABBOTT, Dunstable. Oration, 4 July, 1803
Daniel ADAMS, Mont Vernon. School Books -- Arithmetick; Geography; Agriculture; Reader, & c.
Joseph ADAMS, Newington. Two Sermons, 1757, 1760
Nathaniel ADAMS, Portsmouth. Annals of Portsmouth 8 vo. 1824
p. 82
John WHEELOCK, Hnover. Essay on Poetry, &c.: Eulogium on Prof. Smith, 1809.
James R. WHEELOCK, Newport. Farewell Sermon, 1823.
Samuel WOOD, Boscawen. Six Occasional Sermons.
Levi WOODBURY, Francestown & Portsmouth. Two Orations, 1812, 1815: Vindication of Mr. Adams' Oration, 1822: Gubernatorial Message, 1823: Law Reports: Speeches in Congress, &c.
Of interest … John Quincy Adams was President in 1780 - Is he any relation?
American Academy Of Arts And Sciences
Incorporated May 5, 1780.
President, Hon. John Quincy ADAMS LL. D. Washington.

Of Interest - Hillsborough Co.is where New Ipswich is --

New Market, N. H.
Rockingham co. It lies 36 miles S.E. from Concord, and 12 W. by S. from Portsmouth. Population, 1830, 2,013.
River Street Burying Ground - Middlesex County, Massachusetts Home | Search | Journal | What's New | Shop | Publish
Home > United States > Massachusetts > Middlesex > River Street Burying Ground
River Street Burying Ground
Middlesex County, Massachusetts
Contributed by Paul E. Truesdell, Jr., Nov 16, 2000 [ petjr@nirai.ne.jp ].
Total records = 251.

Adams>> , Abigail (Mrs.), d. Aug 11, 1839, w/o Jacob << Adams>> , 63y, Plot 10
<< Adams>> , Dea. Elijah, d. Aug 17, 1834, 43y, Plot 17
<< Adams>> , Elizabeth, b. Oct 22, 1786, Mar 1, 1882, w/o Smith << Adams>> Jr., Plot 395
<< Adams>> , Elizabeth, d. May 9, 1837, d/o Smith Jr. & Elizabeth << Adams>> , 15y, Plot 391
<< Adams>> , Henry T., b. Feb 6, 1829, d. Jun 6, 1881, Plot 394
<< Adams>> , Isaac, d. Sept 10, 1834, s/o Jacob & Abigail << Adams>> , 30y, Plot 12
<< Adams>> , Jacob, d. May 4, 1858, 82y, Plot 9
<< Adams>> , Lois (Miss), d. Mar 30, 1838, d/o Jacob & Abigail << Adams>> , 24y, Plot 11
<< Adams>> , Lois (Mrs.), d. Apr 5, 1835, widow Dea. Joseph << Adams>> , 83y, Plot 13
<< Adams>> , Lydia (Mrs.), d. Mar 30, 1810, w/o Smith << Adams>> Jr., 21y, Plot 388 and infant
<< Adams>> , Lyman, d. Oct 28, 1858, 41y 9m, Plot 346
<< Adams>> , Smith, d. Aug 1, 1856, 72y, Plot 389
<< Adams>> , Susan, d. Sep 19, 1869, w/o William << Adams>> , 74y 4m, Plot 343
<< Adams>> , William W., d. Nov 4, 1878, 85y, Plot 344
Adams family research
Author: Marcia Briggs Date: 23 Feb 2001 10:28 PM

Henry Adams came to America from England 1632-1633. He settled in Braintree MA. He had eight sons - Henry, Thomas, Samuel, Jonathan, Peter, John, Joseph, Edward. The branch for John Adams, President, is Joseph's. Anyone seriously interested in researching their Adams line should try to locate the book " A GENEALOGICAL HISTORY OF HENRY ADAMS, OF BRAINTREE, MASS., AND HIS DESCENDANTS; ALSO JOHN ADAMS OF CAMBRIDGE, MASS., 1632-1897 " compiled and edited by Andrew N. Adams, published in 1898.
Adams Lineage
Author: Jane McCauley Date: 20 Jul 2001 6:53 PM
In Reply to: Adams Lineage by: Norma Thornton

There were two John Quincy Adams II. One was son of John Quincy Adams b. 1767 the president and the other was John Quincy Adams II. son of Charles Francis Adams, who was son of John Quincy Adams the president. He was born 1803 and was married to Mary Catherine Hellen. The other John Quincy Adams II was born 1833 and was married to Fanny Crownshield and Thrusta Jane Kent. (son of Charles Francis, that is)

Could this be a broher to Nancy Sanderson Adams?

Sanderson SilverSmiths of Shefield.
Author: Clarence Sanderson Date: 26 Jun 2000 6:00 AM
Surnames: SANDERSON
Classification: Queries

Surname: SANDERSON

Is there anyone that lives in Shefield Yorkshire co
researching the Sandersons? I'm looking for a John Sanderson
born 6 May 1795(96 or 97). He fought against Napoleon and was sent to fight in the War of 1812. He never returned to
England. Is there anyone searching for a Sanderson that
may fit this description? HIs sons name's were Henry,Frederick,James,Cyrus Cannon,and Oramuss Almarion
his daughters were Mary Alsina, Ann and Nancy I'M sure
he named some of his children possibly from his siblings
or parents. All the real info I have is that he
Came from Shefield Area of England and his family was SilverSmiths

Sanderson House, Lexington Mass - 1689
Author: Roy Hudson Sanderson Date: 16 Jul 2001 5:23 AM
Surnames: Sanderson
Classification: Queries

On a visit to Lexington Mass last month, I found (at 1314 Mass Ave) a home with a plaque on it that said it was the Sanderson House, built in 1689, and indicated the house was a place where some British soldiers where left after the battle of Concord, as the British marched back to Boston. It is located next the the Monroe House (Inn).
I contacted a local historian , Larry Whipple, to find put who owned the home and he said that a Samuel Sanderson owned the home at the time. He gave me the following information:

Samuel Sanderson - born 1748, died 1803.
Mary Monroe (or Munroe) married Samual in 1772.
They had six children:
Amos - born 1774
Samuel - born 2feb 1777
Mary - born 1779
Issac - born 1782
Nancy - married 1820 (husband not known)
Lydia - 1831 (event unknown)

Bill of Mortality for the year 1815:

Mrs. Adams died Nov 18 in 5 days of typhoid fever

Records of the Congregational Church in Gilmanton first inforporated into church State ye 30 November 1774 When Mr. Isaac Smith was Ordained Pastor of the church by the following ministers ---
Rev. Timothy Walker Revd. Jeremiah Belknap Revd. Josiah Stearn
Revd Jonathan Searle Revd. Samuel McClintock Revd Timothy Upham
Revd. Abiel Foster Revd. Joseph Woodman

March 22, Ebenezer Eastman and wife, John Carr, John W.
Shepard, Hannah Peaslie, Eliza Peaslie, Maria Leavitt Burns,
Anne Greely Burns, John Fogg Lougee, Huldah Prentice Gale,
Maria Frect, Lovey D. Gilman, Prince Cogswell and Nancy
Adams were baptised and admitted as members in full communion.

May 17: Thomas Adams, Mary Smith Coggswell, Betsey Price,
Lucy Sanborn and Judith Gilman were baptised and received
into this church.
Thomas Adams, Mary Smith Coggswell, Betsey Price, Lucy
Sanborn and Judith Gilman were baptised and received into
the church.
Records from the SMITH MEETING HOUSE at Gilmanton, NH --

Marriages Performed by Rev'd Isaac Smith, Smith Meeting House, Gilmanton, NH

The Smith Meeting House in Gilmanton was the first church in that part of New Hampshire.

Benjamin Adams of Barnstead and Elizabeth Rand of Pitsfield Oct 2, 1798

Nov 3, 1818: Lucy Smith, Elizabeth, Mary Adams Hannah Adams --Almira and Priscilla Welch childrne of Andrew and Mary Page were bapt on her account by Rev. Eber Price

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Hampshire's first permanent European settlement began in 1623. In the wake of native populations, largely decimated by European diseases, English traders and fishermen settled at Odiorne Point in present-day Rye, and on Dover Point. By 1640, New Hampshire's Seacoast was divided among four towns or "plantations," Dover, Portsmouth, Exeter, and Hampton. Inhabitants of these towns, along with settlers in southern Maine, chose to be part of Massachusetts for much of the 1600s, but in 1680, New Hampshire became a separate province.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic