Search for content in message boards

Looking for SHAW from Nebraska

Looking for SHAW from Nebraska

Posted: 2 Aug 2001 6:34PM GMT
Surnames: SHAW, BIES, BOLTON, DENNEY
Hello,
I am looking for my grandmothers family. Here's the info I have so far (it's not much).

My Grandmother's name is Della Virginia Bies, she was born in NE (maybe York Co. or Thayer?). Birthdate is March 23, 1918. She died July 25, 2001.

Her father's name was Miles Shaw. He was born in 5/8/1986 in York Co, NE. He died in Fresno, CA on 3/39/65. His father's name was John Shaw and his mother's name was Hannah Denney.

Her mother's name (I think) is Edith Bolton.

She had one sister, Dorthy and 2 brothers Howard and Rodger.

If you have any info on any of these people it would be much appericated.

Re: Looking for SHAW from Nebraska

Posted: 23 Sep 2001 6:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 May 2002 12:33AM GMT
I am also looking for Shaw from Nebraska. I am looking for Stephen Shaw died in 1911 in Cambridge, Nebraska.

Posted: 25 Sep 2001 12:48AM GMT
Edited: 18 Sep 2002 4:38PM GMT
The only Shaw I have info on is my Great Grandfather, Miles Shaw. He was born on May 8th, 1886 in York Co, Nebraska. He filed for his social security card in Waco, NE. His father is listed as John Shaw and mother was Hannah Denney. Miles Shaw died on 3/29/1965 in Fresno, CA. I don't know if Miles Shaw had any brothers.

My grandfather did have 2 sons. One son was named Howard Shaw, born 1926 and another son named Rodger Shaw, but I'm not sure when he was born. I do know they were both born in York, NE.

I don't know if any of this info would be helpful to you. As you can gather, I am looking for info on a John Shaw who was probably born in mid 1800's.

Posted: 25 Sep 2001 1:51AM GMT
Edited: 30 May 2002 12:33AM GMT
Hello, I don't think your family is any relation. But that ok. Maybe we might have a common relative way back when.
The John Shaw that is my husband's great-great grandpa. He was born in 1842. Father was Stephen Shaw and his mother was Ann Gilcrest. They were married in Ohio in 1839. John Shaw was married to Sara Jane Hill. They had 8 children. I hope this can help you.

Ellen Headley

Posted: 8 Nov 2002 9:44PM GMT
My grand father arilious steven shaw was son of john h shaw.
lived in furnis county showes up on 1880 census medisen creek twn/
I have 7 children Merrit 1864, Arrilus 18

Posted: 10 Aug 2013 3:04AM GMT
Hello Darwin. My name is Ellen Headley. I just recently got back in the family search. Your Grandfather is a brother to my husband's great grandmother, her name was Nellie May Shaw. She married more than once(5 ?). She married Edgar F. Headley. Her daughter was Bertha Ann Murdock, my husband's grandmother. Bertha married Lawrence Headley, Edgar's son.If you need more information I will be happy to share it. Please use the email: jboystevens07@gmail.com
Ellen Headley

Posted: 13 Aug 2013 9:39AM GMT
Surnames: Shaw
What was your John Shaw's fathers name.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions