Search for content in message boards

NELSON COUNTY TAX LISTS

NELSON COUNTY TAX LISTS

Posted: 27 Feb 2004 3:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Smith, Orr, Shockency, Donohoo/Donohue, Dupin/Jupin
Does anyone know what years tax lists are available for Nelson Co. and where they are located? I've seen the lists up to 1796 and have seen other posts mentioning 1800 and some 1818, but can't seem to find out where to locate these lists. Interested in 1797 through 1820. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Re: NELSON COUNTY TAX LISTS

jeff jeppson (View posts)
Posted: 15 Apr 2004 2:25PM GMT
There are three places that are worth looking into.

The first option is most likely the Nelson County Public Library in Bardstown Kentucky. They have a lot of information and may have the Tax Lists.

The second option would be the Kentucky Historical Society in Frankfort Kentucky. They have most of the available Tax Lists for all Counties up to around 1875.

The third option would the Kentucky Archive Library, also in Frankfort, Kentucky. They have all the available Tax Lists and have Tax Lists after the 1875 time frame.

This is a start.

Jeff Jeppson

Re: NELSON COUNTY TAX LISTS

Judy Milan (View posts)
Posted: 16 Apr 2004 5:50PM GMT
Surnames: Smith, Orr, Devore, Donohue, Dupin/Jupin
Jeff,

Thanks for the info. I was able to order the microfilm reels through my library from the Family History Library (Mormon) in Utah for $3.75 a roll. I found that they have just about everything microfilmed and you can search their catalog on-line from the familysearch.org site. The Nelson County library does have the lists, but they do not have interlibrary loan. I've gone through the lists from 1797 to 1810 and actually they aren't too hard to read and I may try to do some transcribing from them for the Nelson County wesite.
Thanks again for your response!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions