Search for content in message boards

Rodgers Family

Rodgers Family

Lawrence H.Flood (View posts)
Posted: 29 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Sep 2009 10:15PM GMT
Surnames: Rodgers
Searching for ancester info on Hugh Rodgers who emmigrated from Northern Ireland about 1840-1860, settled in Leadgate and later moved to Consett in Cty Durham.

Re: Rodgers Family - Hugh and Rebecca Amos Rodgers

Posted: 19 Oct 2001 8:06PM GMT
Edited: 12 Sep 2003 1:32AM GMT
Just saw your post and wondering if your Hugh Rodgers could be my Hugh Rodgers? My Houston (Hugh) Rodgers b 10/30/1822, think the Carolinas (at the time was not divided into South and North). Married to Rebecca (Becky) Amos. They had a son John F. (Jack) Rodgers. GGG grandfather came to USA from Irland (so far no name & date) settled in the Carolinas. Had 12 sons my Hugh being one. Migrated to Babe County Georgia. Some went to Tennessee and then some migrated to other states. Hugh went south and finally settled in Texas. If any info here is same info on your Hugh please e-mail me at chrokecat@aol.com. It would be nice to meet new cousins. Thank you.

Re: Rodgers Family - Hugh and Rebecca Amos Rodgers

Posted: 13 Dec 2002 8:16PM GMT
Edited: 30 Nov 2006 1:25AM GMT
We have a John F. Rodgers in the family. His birth date according to the family Bible is 28 November 1829. Our John F. married Mary ann Lundy, April 29, 1935. He died September 19, 1959. Could this be a tie in? Would appreciate your response and any potential help you may be able to offer. Please respond using the E-mail address, rwilkie33@aol.com. Thanks/wilkie

Re: Rodgers Family

Posted: 31 Jul 2003 12:55PM GMT
Edited: 18 Aug 2003 4:07PM GMT
In my search for my ggg grandfather, Hugh Rodgers from IRE,
I ran across an Immigrant ship passenger listing for a Hugh and Patrick Rodgers on the Ship Diana from Liverpool to Boston in 1847. Hugh is listed as age 43, Patrick age 16.
The dates don't match with mine, but maybe they do with yours.

Re: Rodgers Family

Jean (View posts)
Posted: 19 Nov 2004 11:38AM GMT
Surnames: Rodgers (sometimes Rogers, Johnston, Durant
Mygreat grandfather wasnamed James H Rodgers and he was born in New York (possibly Oswego) in 1842. The 1880 Census shows him living in 2nd Ward, Oswego, Oswego, New York with his family as follows:
His wife Magrgaret who was born in Ireland, thier two children Anna Rodgers, born in New York, age 13 and a son Freddy Rodgers, age 11, also born in NY. Living with them in 1880 was James Rodgers' Uncle, James Durant, age 67 an engineer. The 1900 census shows James, Maggie, Anna (Annie) and her husband George William Johnston and my father Hugh and uncle George all living in Chicago, Cook County Illinois. James, Magaret, Anna, George W Johnston and my father Hugh and uncle are all buried in cemetary outside Chicago, IL. Do we have a connection?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic