Search for content in message boards

Charles Stewart Indiana Co. PA Rev. War

Charles Stewart Indiana Co. PA Rev. War

Posted: 21 Oct 2000 7:29PM GMT
Edited: 10 Jul 2001 10:06PM GMT
I am hoping to find any information on Charles Stewart. He served in the revolutionary war. I think he had a brother named John. At one time he was in Indiana Co. PA, then to either Wheatfield or Hempfield Twp. PA. Charles was of Scotch?Irish descent. I am hoping to connect him to my Stewart line. Any information on him will be greatly appreciated. I am willing to share information.
Thanks

John Wesley Stewart

Posted: 6 Nov 2000 3:03AM GMT
Edited: 16 Feb 2006 12:05PM GMT
My granfather "John Wesley" 12-22-1862 to 12-13-1938 born Birmingham Al had 7 brothers 2 sisters Sarah Mary...Gerald Jr David.
the other 4 brother's names info is unknown your message might shed some light on one of his brothers? John Wesley moved to the New Mexico territory in 1883 did not talk much about his family in Alabama. The info here is from my mother's memory of what he told her. Can you share any other info?

Re: Charles Stewart Indiana Co. PA Rev. War

Keith Clawson (View posts)
Posted: 11 Aug 2004 5:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am a descendant of Charles' brother John. I haven't been able to connect these Stewarts to any other Stewarts except that they were from Scotland. Charles was in Lord Cornwallis' army during the Rev. War.

Re: John Wesley Stewart

Posted: 25 Jan 2013 7:21PM GMT
John was the grandchild of Jeremiah Stewart, and Cherokee Indian Scout in the Seminole wars of Florida, his wife, Mehlinda Compton was a Seminole, he stole her, he was 15 years old. His grandson william David is my lineal Great Great Grandfather, buried in Cahaba heights, Birmingham Alabama. I have a pretty good record of the family and would be happy to help further, Jeremiah's father, a veteran of the war of 1812, used a soldiers land grant to escape the Indian Removal Act, his land from the grant is now Leeds Alabama. What can you tell me of JW Stewart, and his life in New Mexico. ranger4_81@yahoo.com

Re: John Wesley Stewart

Posted: 10 Apr 2014 2:14AM GMT
Edited: 10 Apr 2014 2:25AM GMT
Surnames: Stewart
William David Stewart is also my great great grandfather. He had a son, Mack, who was my great grandfather (he had a sister named Lula) who had a son named Joe (my grandfather), Charles Mack and a daughter Mildred Snipes. I have heard about a great rift in the Stewart family, starting with William David's sons (probably started by Mack) though being the only grandchild of Joe, I have never heard the reason. Charles Mack and Mildred Stewart Snipes have long passed away and have no living children. Charles had a son named Jeb who passed away in the 1990's and Mildred never had children. We have records that go as far back as Jeremiah, but beyond that there isn't much information on our side. Joe has two sons, my father is one, an my uncle who has no children. Our Stewart (name) line will die with them as I am the only living great grandchild of Mack and Blanche Tanner Stewart, and now married with children of my own. Any information on the family history would be GREATLY appreciated :)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions