Search for content in message boards

Looking for a George WARD and Susan JOHNSON

Looking for a George WARD and Susan JOHNSON

Posted: 1 May 2004 2:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WARD JOHNSON
I've been looking quite a while for any information on George WARD and his wife Susan Johnson. Their son John WARD was born in 1848 in Tennesse. His death certificate lists both his parents as being born in Hawkins Co. TN with his father in Rogersville. John later moved to KY and married a Susan BRITT. I have not been able to find a George WARD in any records that seems to fit. If any of this sounds familiar or you can provide any help, it would be most appreciated.

Re: Looking for a George WARD and Susan JOHNSON

Posted: 16 Aug 2007 5:55PM GMT
Surnames: Ward
George could be the son of John Ward b-abt 1798. This John ward is listed in several census records for hawkins county Tennessee 1830, 1850, 1860 & 1870.
John had a son named Thomas b-abt 1837 who named his son George. I know this george's age doesnt fit yours but they often passed the names down.
Your George may be one of the children listed w/John Ward in the 1830 census.
This same John had connections in Ky. Alan

akdraw(at)hotmail.com

Re: Looking for a George WARD and Susan JOHNSON

Posted: 29 Jul 2010 4:42AM GMT
Have you checked cemeteries in the Grassy Creek area or others along Goshen Valley Road-there are several cemeteries which you may be able to find grave listings.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions