Search for content in message boards

Tester, Glenn

Tester, Glenn

Peggy Chapman (View posts)
Posted: 3 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Tester, Glenn
I am looking for any information on my grandparents, John Amos Tester m. Lillie Mae Glenn, of Watauga County, N.C. Lilie Mae's parents were Henry Glenn and Sarah Hartley(?). John Amos father may have been John Tester. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Glenn Surname

Tim Townsend (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Glenn
I believe that most of the Glenn's in Watauga County descended from Henry H. Glenn who came to Watauga County in the 1840's from Orange County, NC. His first wife was Gricean Adeline Brown who apparently died between 1850 and 1860. His second wife was Susan Ward I think. Henry served in Co E, 37th NCT during the Civil War. He was captured by the Federals, put in Point Lookout Prison camp, exchanged, and died of Colera in a Confederate hospotal in Richmond, Va. I don't know if this is of any help, let me know.

Henry H. Glenn

Anita Glenn Pierce (View posts)
Posted: 25 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Glenn, Hartley, Ward, Brown, Stansberry
Thanks for the information on Henry H. Glenn from Watauga Co. I knew that he had died in the war, but did not know the circumstances!
Thanks again, Anita Glenn Pierce

Re: Glenn Surname

Posted: 14 Sep 2010 3:13PM GMT
Do you have any information on Henry H Glenn's ancesters. I am a decendent of his daughter Susan who married Duke B Ward.

Re: Glenn Surname

Posted: 16 Sep 2010 6:46PM GMT
Surnames: Glenn
I most certainly do, as well as pictures, links and all sorts of fun stuff. Contact me at deyaheim@gmail.com so I can send you it!
I, and probably everyone else, is stuck at James Glyn, the immigree,
B:
St Ninians, Stirlingshire, Scotland
D:
15 Sep 1696
, Accomack, Virginia, USA

Re: Tester, Glenn

Posted: 14 Jul 2013 10:50AM GMT
Surnames: Tester, Glenn, Ward, Hicks
my great grandmothers name was Maggie Lenora Tester.My great great grandparents names were Amos Tester and Lily Glenn-Tester, Im trying to build a family tree, my grandmothers name is Barbara Lucille Ward-Hicks, my grandfathers name is John Wesley Hicks Jr. Born in Watauga county, NC moved to Oregon
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions