Search for content in message boards

Crawford in Allegheny Co. PA

Crawford in Allegheny Co. PA

Cindy Crawford Thomas (View posts)
Posted: 14 Nov 1999 1:58PM GMT
Hugh Crawford (b 1766)and Jane McDowell immigrated in 1796 from Co. Down Ireland to Ohio Twp. PA.
Sons included James, Hugh Jr. and William. Large family stayed in the area.
James's son, Isaac, moved to Mahoning Co. Ohio.
Looking for relatives and info.

William Crawford

John Shearer (View posts)
Posted: 20 Nov 1999 1:30PM GMT
Do you know if the William the you speek of had a son named William R. who had a daughter named Martha Amanda? She was born in May 1846.

William Crawford

Cindy Thomas (View posts)
Posted: 20 Nov 1999 5:26PM GMT
My william was married to Harriet and their son was born in 1837 so it can't be the one you're looking for.

Hugh Crawford in Ohio Township, PA

Beth McCusker (View posts)
Posted: 17 Mar 2000 4:10PM GMT
My original Crawford ancestor in the United States was Hugh Crawford and his wife, Jane McDowell Crawford. The came to the US in 1795 and settled in Ohio Township, PA in 1817. Their children were William, Hugh, James, Isaac, and Molly. William married Harriet and their children were James, Adam, Eliza, George, Harriet, Hugh, Lewis, John L., Charles B., and Hiram. James married Eliza. M. and had Ella Margaret, Robert A., Charles Wm., Jean B. and Harriet. Charles Wm. Crawford was my great grandfather. I have done much research on the Crawfords from Ohio Township, but there were many and I have much more information to get. I would be happy to share any information with you. I am sure that we are distant cousins.
Would be happy to hear from you.
Beth McCusker

Hey Cousin!

Cindy Crawford Thomas (View posts)
Posted: 17 Mar 2000 6:25PM GMT
Yes we are related. I am from the James line, brother of William. I have the line from James, but being fairly new to this, I don't have much more. I will gladly give you what I have. Can I contact you directly? St. Patrick's Day and I can't quite figure how to do it out right now :-)I'm so excited, this is my first Crawford link.

Crawfords from Ohio Township, PA

Beth McCusker (View posts)
Posted: 17 Mar 2000 8:44PM GMT
Hi Cindy,

I would be happy to share information with you. I also would like you to know that Harvey Crawford and his daughter live not far from me. Harvey is getting up there in age but is still very mentally with it. He lives on the property in Ohio Township that was part of the old Crawford Farm. I have the will of Hugh Crawford, property deeds of Hugh Crawford and others, census records of Crawfords in Ohio Township,and other information. I also have some very old pictures of the Crawfords at a family reunion probably around 1940's.

I would be happy to help you.

Where do you live? How can I get in touch with you?

I live in Franklin Park, PA which is next to Ohio Township. My email address is bmccusker@email.msn.com. Send me your address or phone number and I will get in touch with you.

I have also met Earl Crawford who was the grandson of George Washington Crawford, son of William Crawford in 1990. He lives near my aunt (my mother's sister- the other side of my family). Isn't that strange? My aunt knew him and his family for years and never knew that he was related to me.

Please email me and let me know how I can get in touch with you.

Your Cousin,
Beth

Crawfords of PA

Mary Maher boehnlein (View posts)
Posted: 25 Mar 2000 3:26PM GMT
Beth, I saw your posting on Crawfords of pa. My great grandmother was Lusetta Crawford who married Solomon Himes of Armstrong co. PA. I think her father was Michael Crawford. they were in Armstrong, Clarion, Jefferson county in 1860's. Where is Ohio township?
Please reply directly to me at mmboehn@aol.com as I do not check this message board very much.
Thanks,
Mary Maher Boehnlein

Thomas Crawford, will 1809, Allegheny Co. PA

Posted: 9 Jan 2003 10:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 May 2003 10:09PM GMT
Surnames: Adair, Crawford, Logan
ABSTRACTS OF WILLS OF ALLEGHENY COUNTY

Thomas CRAWFORD,
St. Clair Township,
dated January 13, 1809,
proved February 6, 1809;

cousins Jane Sterret and Edward Peoples;
Margaret Finley daughter of John Finley;

brother James Crawford;
sister Nancy Bess
and brother James Leste;
sister Martha Calhoun and her children;
Thomas Reed, Daniel Morison, Nancy Walles mentioned;

Executors:
John Finley
James Mitchel

Witnesses:
Joseph Logan,
James Reed and
Thomas Reed.

Seeking any connections between Crawford and Adair families, Ireland > America. Thankyou.

Re: Crawfords from Ohio Township, PA

Posted: 27 Apr 2005 8:56PM GMT
Did any of your Crawfords migrate to the south? . I also have a George Wahington Crawford who lived in Texas.

Re: Hugh Crawford in Ohio Township, PA

Posted: 2 Jun 2007 12:11AM GMT
Surnames: crawford
Could you please let me know if the Charles Crawford that was your great grand father, who did he marry? I am looking for a charles crawford and having many issues in find his ancestors I hope you have information that could help. Please feel free to email me at victor.wegley@sbcglobal.net.

Thank you

Sonya
per page

Find a board about a specific topic