Search for content in message boards

Lindleys of Iowa

Lindleys of Iowa

Posted: 18 Aug 2001 5:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Jul 2002 9:18PM GMT
Looking for anyone researching Lindly surname in Iows and Indiana.

Bill

Re: Lindleys of Iowa

Posted: 29 Aug 2001 3:17AM GMT
Edited: 5 Aug 2002 4:51AM GMT
Looking for info regarding a James Lindley married to Rebecca Hobson 12/24/1835 in Henry, Indiana. Son Jesse O Lindley is a g. great grandfather to my mother-in-law, Thelma Louise nee Wood Gilmore.

Re: Lindleys of Iowa & Indiana

Phil Pittman (View posts)
Posted: 30 Sep 2001 2:02AM GMT
Surnames: Lindley, Cooley
I am looking for info on Jared Luther Lindley, who was born 12/16/1830 in Indiana. He married Mary Elizabeth Cooley in 1868 in Indiana, Mary Elizabeth Cooley was born in White County, Indiana. They settled near Norwalk in Warren County, Iowa. I have seen his tombstone in Warren County, Iowa but I have had no luck identifying his parents, etc.

Scott, Muscatine, Guthrie, Adair, Marshall, Palo Alto Cos.

Marianne Lindley Girten (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jan 2002 1:31AM GMT
I have connections to the Lindley lines in the subject field. Family group consists mostly of Stephen D. Lindley (b. PA), wife Eliza Shaw (b. NY or MA), and children incl. Joseph William (J.W.), Hattie (Eliza?) m. Magher, Clarence, Frank, Ellen Amelia m. Joenks.
This family eminates from the Lewis Lindly-Caleb-Caleb-John-John-Francis line referred to in the John M. Lindley book "Lindley/Lindly/Lindsley in America V.1"

Posted: 4 Apr 2002 10:11PM GMT
have you found out any more about Jared? He married into our Cooley family.

WD Betcher

Phil Pittman (View posts)
Posted: 5 Apr 2002 3:21AM GMT
Surnames: Lindley, Cooley
I know of at least two other persons trying to find out about Jared's background, with little success. If Mary Elizabeth Cooley is your connection, how far back do you have the Cooleys? I believe that I have them back to Daniell Cooley (b 1680) in Maryland. I do have photos of Jared's and Mary Elizabeth's tombstones that I could scan to you if you're interested.

Posted: 11 May 2002 12:12AM GMT
I am also looking for information on Jared Luther Lindley. He was my gr-gr-grandfather. Like Phil I have been unable to find anything on this man.

Posted: 11 May 2002 12:15AM GMT
Phil, I would love to have copies of the pictures of Mary Elizabeth's and Jared's tombstones. I wasn't with it enough the last time I was in Iowa to take pictures. Also if you happened to take pictures of any other family members that are buried in Pleasant Ridge Cemetery.

Kimothy S. Moser (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 2002 9:18PM GMT
I found this on the net. Perhaps this will help.

http://www.charlesfamily.org/Genealogy/johnf&angFamilies...

I'm looking for information on the John Lindley family that migrated to indiana in the early 1800's, first to Morgan County, then to Howard County. John is the Son of Aaron Lindley, Son of Thomas Lindley, Son of Thomas Lindley of Lindley's Mill in North Carolina. All of the family down to John were born in North Carolina.

Sharon Lindley (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2003 4:26AM GMT
Jared Luther Lindley was my gr-gr-grandfather. He married Mary Elizabeth Cooley. Her first husband was John Cavens Flinn. He died in the Civil War. She married Jared in 1868. They had 5 children. I have not been able to find out any info on his parents or siblings but I keep searching. I have lots of info and pictures on his descendants. I would love to share with anyone who would like to share with me.

Anyone who has info on Jared's parents or siblings will be my friend for life. :) :) :)

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions