Search for content in message boards

Entering ancestry.com DNA results into mitosearch database

Entering ancestry.com DNA results into mitosearch database

Posted: 1 Mar 2012 8:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
I received my mtDNA results from ancestry.com Someone told me I could share my results by entering my test result numbers into a database located at mitosearch Unfortunately I cannot understand where to find the numbers I need to enter into the mitosearch from ancestry. A humbling experience. Anyone reading this know where via ancestry.com I can find the numbers for HVRI and HVR2?

Re: Entering ancestry.com DNA results into mitosearch database

Posted: 2 Mar 2012 4:54AM GMT
On the "Maternal Lineage Test" results page, there's a table with rows: LOCATION, REFERENCE, and your name. The values to enter at MitoSearch are your corresponding value at each location.

For example, among my results are location 16519, reference T, and my value C. So I would enter 16519 C at MitoSearch. I also happen to have an insertion after 315. They already conveniently labeled it 315.1, which are entered separately on MitoSearch: 315 .1 C

HVR1 is the range 16001-16569 (the entry textboxes already have 16 before them, so you only need to enter the last 3 digits). HVR 2 is 1-576.

Posted: 2 Mar 2012 5:11PM GMT
Thank you so much, nathan_mn!

Posted: 9 Feb 2013 6:23PM GMT
Edited: 18 Feb 2013 8:02PM GMT
I am trying to also put my values into mitosearch When I do the HVR2 I keep getting a message that says- Please enter a three digit number indicating the mutation location. What would be that number and where do I put it? Has anyone used Mitosearch ?

Posted: 17 Feb 2013 2:08PM GMT
Where do I find my values? Do I have to request them?

Posted: 17 Feb 2013 9:09PM GMT
Which DNA test did you have done?

Posted: 17 Feb 2013 9:19PM GMT
I did the test offered by Ancestry.com. I'm not sure of the specifics other than I'm female.

Posted: 18 Feb 2013 4:27AM GMT
Well if you only have the latest autosomal DNA offered by Ancestry, then you will not have any results with DNA data.

They are promising to have that piece filled in ASAP.

Posted: 18 Feb 2013 4:56AM GMT
The values to be entered into the mitosearch database, that being discussed on this thread, are for the mtDNA (mitochondrial) test.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions