Search for content in message boards

Pictures of Sacred Heart Orphange Kearny NJ

Pictures of Sacred Heart Orphange Kearny NJ

Posted: 2 Sep 2008 8:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello Everyone,
My name is Jeff, I work at City of Hope International Church, I current owners of Sacred Heart Orphanage. I was wondering if anyone had pictures of the place from when they were at SHO. I am very interested in history of this place. If someone does have pictures, maybe you might be able to scan them, and email them to me. My email is jeffreyc@me.com . If anyone would like to come by the place and look around, please feel free too. We would love to hear stories of this place.

Thank You,
Jeff Corneilson

Re: Pictures of Sacred Heart Orphange Kearny NJ

Posted: 13 Nov 2008 4:23PM GMT
Hi Jeff,
My name is Mauricio Cardenas, and I am 42 years old. I live in middlesex county, and my family and I run an insurance brokerage firm since 1997. I have been wanting to find a place were we can be of help to kids.
My son and I would like to come by Christmas day and bring the kids some presents, I was wondering if that would be ok with you, and your staff.
Please advise if you are ok with this.

Mauricio Cardenas

Posted: 13 Nov 2008 6:10PM GMT
Hi Mauricio,
That would be great. I didn't know who you were planning to give the presents to, because the kids in our school wouldn't really need them. But we work with a few organizations giving presents away through our church. One organization we work with is called Angel Tree. We collect presents for kids whose parents are in jail, who are not able to be with their kids on Christmas. Then we go to the houses of the kids and hand them the presents. If you would like more information about all the things we do, you should call our church office at 201.998.9460. Our secretary Kim can get your information down, and find out what we are doing this year. If you call, just tell her that you talked to Jeff. She might not be able to give you all the information right away, she will have to contact the people in charge of that. It's always good to see people wanted to help families, especially during the holidays.
Thank You,
Jeff

Posted: 3 Dec 2008 1:27AM GMT
Hi, my name is Antonio and I'm trying to find info on the orphanage I was in around 1968. I remember a lot, I was hopeing someone has pictures of these buildings or know a path I can take to get some info.

Reply: Request for::;Pictures of Sacred Heart Orphange Kearny NJ

Posted: 3 Dec 2008 10:07PM GMT
Hi Antonio:

You were years after my time at Sacred Heart Orphange in Kearny New Jersey...I got out in 1950..and went to live in Newark for a few years and then Joined the Air Force and was stationed in San Antonio,Texas and Denver Colorado and Sacramento....California..my first time to venture out of New Jersey....
Anyway I have a few Pictures of SHO to e-mail you soooooo just send me your e-mail address to::::

Magnaflex2@aol.com

also pls Include your E-mail address...I will forward a few Sacred Heart Orphanage Pictures to you..I recceived them from some other guys that were in SHO during my time there....You probably would not have known them either..The SHO party lasted for a long time I do ot know when it was sold to to the new Owners....do you?
Regards
Tony D..

Re: Reply: Request for::;Pictures of Sacred Heart Orphange Kearny NJ

Posted: 3 Dec 2008 10:47PM GMT
I really don't know if this is the orphanage I was at.All the orphanages I have ran across so far was during the 1950's to early 1960's. What orphanages were around about 1968 that you might know? My brother and I would have been around 2 and 4 years old.I am 42years old now.Seem like I can remember the inside of the building,the sleeping room with all the bunk beds,Xmas time,sleding while riding on the man with the big red nose's back.If you know anything or can point me in a direction, THANK YOU!

Posted: 7 Dec 2008 12:25AM GMT
Hi Tony D.My name is James Vergura and I am 70 years old. My brother and I were in Sacred Heart Orphange also from mid 1950 to mid 1952. Prior to that we were in St. Mary's Orphange in Newark for 3 years. Its not that we were orphans. We were from a family of 17 kids and our parents just couldn't take care of all of us. If you are willing, I would like to have copies of those pictures you are talking about. I too joined the Air Force and served 20 years.

Posted: 7 Dec 2008 12:58AM GMT
Hi James:
Just saw your posting.. We were in the Joint about the same time but I got out in 1950 to live in Newark with my Grandparents...Not a big deal I should have stayed in SHO until after High School and maybe went to "Kearny High" or "Queen of Peace"..... would have been just fine...
I Did not know I had a choice..to stay in "Sacred Heart or Leave..I then Went into the Air Force after High School and had a Top Secret Clearance working on Atomic Weapons..stationed in San Antonio Texas, Denver Colorado and Sacramento California...Interesting Work..Anyway e-mail me your "Internet Address" I can send you an e-mail with SHO pictures attached..I have also been in countact with over 12 sacred Heart guys so far I call the group "THE DIRTY DOZEN".. Good hearing from you......
my e-mail address is Magnaflex2@aol.com

Tony DiGiesi

Re: Reply to Tony DiGiesi: Request for::;Pictures of Sacred Heart Orphange Kearny NJ

Posted: 8 Feb 2010 7:34PM GMT
Tony - I'm interested in some of the information you have about SHO. I believe my grandfather might have been there in the 20's/30's. I tried using the AOL email address you posted to contact you directly but my mail was bounced back. Do you have another email address that I can use?
Thanks,Ian
ianmkane@optonline.net

Posted: 9 Apr 2012 1:33AM GMT
What is your name? I had two brother very young in Sacred Heart, their names are Luis and Ramon Castillo. If you are not ramon or luis, or do you remember them, my other brother was also there his name is Carmelo Castillo he liked to play football. If you know anything can you email me at margie.530@hotmail.com Thank you so much
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions