Search for content in message boards

Victorine Laine born 1821 France lived in New Orleans, Orleans, Louisiana.

Victorine Laine born 1821 France lived in New Orleans, Orleans, Louisiana.

Posted: 19 Jan 2004 3:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Nov 2006 12:31AM GMT
Surnames: Laine, Bouvet
Hello,
I'm looking for the ancestors of Victorine Laine born 1821 in France, but moved to New Orleans, Orleans, Louisiana. Victorine had a son named Alphonse born 1859 in Louisiana.
I have an ancestor named Victorine Rosalie Laine born in France who married Joseph C. Bouvet. I am trying to locate any Laine descendants or relatives who could help me with the Laine genealogy line still in France.
Joseph & Marie had a daughter named Marie Madeleine Bouvet born July 22, 1868 in Thury-en-Valois, Oise, France. Marie died March 10, 1926 in St. Maur, Sur Seine, France.
Marie Madeleine Bouvet married Albert Francois Vefond on June 9, 1902.
Albert Francois Vefond was born December 28, 1866 in Paris, Sur Seine, France, and died October 10. 1912 in St. Maur, Sur Seine, France.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thank you so much.
Mavis Bassett
mavisbassett@yahoo.com

Re: Victorine Laine born 1821 France lived in New Orleans, Orleans, Louisiana.

Eileen Stark (View posts)
Posted: 5 May 2004 12:36PM GMT
Surnames: Laine Maillot
In my records I have a Victorine Maillot b. abt 1820 France who married Jean Baptiste Laine (son of Jacques Laine and Francoise Renge) and had a son named Alphonse 29 Jan 1859 (Orleans Parish Birth Records, Vol 29-251.) She was the daughter of Pierre Maillot and Marie Caroline Huguenot and came to New Orleans from France on 7 Dec 1833 on the Isaac Harris with her parents and siblings.

I have more on the Maillot Line. I descend from Victorine's sister Julia.

Posted: 1 Jan 2012 6:34AM GMT
Surnames: Laine - Maillot - Arnold - Satter - Malloy - Cavalier
Hello. My great-grandfather's middle name was Jules, after Jules Laine, the name of one of Jean Baptiste Laine and Victorine Maillot's sons and also one of their grandsons.

I had always heard that the Laines and my grandfather's family, the Malloys, were very good friends. But I've recently come across evidence that they were related.

Jules Laine was the husband of Barbara Arnold, though only for a couple of years before he died. They had a child named Jules Laine as well. Barbara later remarried Oscar Cavalier.

Barbara Arnold was the daughter of Catherine Satter, whom I believe was the sister of Jacob Satter, both of whom emigrated from Germany to New Orleans.

Jacob Satter married Anna Maria Frese in New Orleans, and they had a daughter also named Catherine Satter. This American-born Catherine Satter (I believe she was the niece of the German-born Catherine Satter) was my great-great-grandmother. She married John Malloy, and one of their sons was given the middle name Jules after her cousin Jules Laine.

In addition, my great-grandfather had a son named Alphonse Malloy, who died at a very young age. The name Alphonse also derives from the Laine family, as the previous posts have mentioned.

The full relationship between the Laine family and the Malloy family has always intrigued me!

Posted: 23 Oct 2012 10:02AM GMT
Surnames: Laine
I'm doing research on the Laine family and saw your post. I know its a few years old, but hope your still getting messages. Tried to find records on your Jacques Laine and Francoise Renge that connects to Jean Baptiste Laine and cant find anything. Anything you could share would be helpful. My line goes down to Bernadine Laine daughter of Frank Andres Laine. Bernadine married a Puchot.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions