Search for content in message boards

Re: Trying to locate parents for Stanislaw N. Ball and Sophia Iwanowski

Posted: 15 Apr 2013 9:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Connie,
Thank you so much for your time in searching. The FIRST Sophia that you have listed is NOT my Great Grandmother. Her maiden name was Iwanowski.. I am looking at the Death certificate of My Grandmother, Valentina [ Iwanowski ] Zelinski, and it lists her parents as Stanislaw De Ball and Sophia Iwanowski.Also states that Valentina was buried at holy Trinty in Jordanville New York, but I can not find a record of her being buried there.. will have to make a call there tomorrow.
Was trying to find Sophia's Parents. Can't find them though Ancestry at all...have been trying to see if they are listed though her maiden name, but also having trouble..

Also figuring that the DE in the De Ball name, was dropped when Stanislaw came over to this country and at Ellis Island, since former immigrants were then recording the later Emmigrants, and with Launage barriers, the DE in DeBall could of gotten dropped and they just recorded his name as Ball, for it was easier, cause on his Death record, in Cook County illinois, it states his name is Stanley N. Ball.Also HIS year of birth is 1873 NOT 1891...

still looking for parents,
Donna
Thanks you again for your time and appreciate the help .

Posted: 15 Apr 2013 11:18PM GMT
Donne-

I moved you post here:
http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.ceeurope.histreg.galic...

....I felt you would get a better response on that board since your query wasn't about the USA but rather about finding parents when the individual was born in Galicia.

I'll leave this response that got caught here so that you can copy it and post your response on the Galicia board above. Sorry about the crossed-paths.

Joan, admin
USA General message board

Posted: 21 Apr 2013 4:34AM GMT
Joan -- just curious, if it's now at a rootsweb board, will ancestry.com users be able to answer it if they don't have a rootsweb profile?

Posted: 21 Apr 2013 5:19AM GMT
It's all one board system with two interfaces...Ancestry or RootsWeb. The information is on both but you can access through either side.

Joan
PS: If you are used to using the boards with the Ancestry interface --- just navigate to the Galacia board on the Ancestry side...you will find the same posts.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions