Burke -New York

Burke -New York

Posted: 21 Aug 2005 3:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Anyone researching Burke in New York

Re: Burke -New York

Posted: 23 Aug 2005 10:00AM GMT
Yes, I am. But, I have hit the proverbial “brick-wall.” What Burkes do you have? Where in NY? Mine are in Upstate NY, Erie, and Cayuga Cos.
Contact me at aburke52@yahoo.com.
Thanks
Alan

Posted: 24 Aug 2005 6:34PM GMT
Edited: 11 Mar 2006 12:54PM GMT
Surnames: Burke
Name Birth Date Birth Place
Billy Burke 1904 UNKNOWN
Dennis Burke 1930 NY
James Burke Abt. 1930 NY
James Burke 1928 UNKNOWN
Joseph Burke Abt. 1933 NY
Patricia ( Patsy) Burke 1931 NY
Patrick Burke Abt. 1934 UNKNOWN
James Burke 1927 NY
William Burke Abt. 1905 UNKNOWN

Deb (View posts)
Posted: 26 Aug 2005 1:13AM GMT
Surnames: BURKE
Do you have anything on an Albert Burke born about 1887. Married to a Lillian and they had one son, Wm. Norman born between 1918 and 1920 in Buffalo, NY. Shortly thereafter moved to Cleveland Ohio where he was killed on the job in 1931.

Posted: 26 Aug 2005 10:10AM GMT
Surnames: Burke
No, sorry.
The Burkes that I have in Upstate NY born around that time are a Franklin William b. 1896 (my grandfather); Hester Elizabeth b. 1898; Harold Winthrop b. 1905; and William Augustus b. 1907.
Franklin lived most of his adult life in Port Byron, Cayuga Co., NY;Hester married a Linton and lived most of her life in the Tonawanda, Erie Co., NY area; after Harold married a second time, he moved out west to CA and lived most of his life there. I'm still searching for info. on William.
Thanks,
Alan aburke52@yahoo.com

Posted: 26 Aug 2005 5:52PM GMT
Surnames: burke
I am searching Burke family from N.Y. Edward Burke born in N.Y.May 1844. His children were Josie and Winnie. Josie was born 1887 and Winnie was born 1891. Any connection?
Posted: 2 Sep 2005 12:24AM GMT
Edited: 28 Dec 2005 8:14PM GMT
Surnames: Burke, Finnegan, Short, Tewkesbury, Mooney, Whelan, Behan
I am researching the Burkes in Avon, Livingston County, upstate New York. Where in New York are you researching? I know that my grgrandfather, Daniel, after his wife passed away in 1910, moved to Caledonia, west of Monroe county.

Re: Burke -New York (Mooney)

Posted: 3 Sep 2005 4:14PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jan 2006 10:20PM GMT
Surnames: Burke, Mooney, Nall
Hi Lisa,

I hope you don't mind me jumping in here. I'm curious about your surname "Mooney". My Mooney folks were from West Virginia and then went onto Kansas. I also have Burke associated with the Mooney surname along with the surname "Nall"..

If you would like to discuss this further, please post your message to this site.

Carol in California

Posted: 3 Sep 2005 9:51PM GMT
Edited: 28 Dec 2005 8:14PM GMT
Surnames: Burke, Finnegan, Short, Tewkesbury, Mooney, Whelan, Behan
Dear Carol,

My greataunt, Gertrude Burke, b. 1903 in Dansville, New York, was orphaned along with my grandmother, Pauline Burke, b. 1901 at the ages of 7 and 10, respectively. The oral history goes that they lived very hard teenage years, ran away from home, and ended up in Rochester, New York. In Rochester they both found their husbands and married. My grandmother, Pauline, married a Walter John Short, and Gertrude married a John Mooney, who moved on to Cleveland Ohio, where he was successful in business. They had children, the only name I know of was John Mooney Jr. This is all I know of the Mooney clan. I do not know if this helps at all, but, if you see a connection, please let me know. Lisa Luchsinger-Swovick

Posted: 4 Sep 2005 4:20AM GMT
Edited: 25 Jan 2006 10:20PM GMT
Surnames: Burke, Mooney, Nall, Bailey
Lisa,

Have you checked the "Mooney" message board? A few years back I found a couple of really great researchers who helped me with my line. They have a lot of information on the "Mooney" line from all over. I believe I still have their email addresses, unless they've changed. If you would like, I can copy and paste your message and forward it on to them with your email address. I won't do this unless you give me permission.

My g-grandparents were John Nall & Susan Emma Mooney who are both buried in Kansas.

My g-g-grandparents were Joshua Sidney Mooney and Margaret Bailey, and I can't remember off the top of my head where they are buried. I believe it's VA.

Do you have the parents of your "Burke" women?

Carol in California
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions