Search for content in message boards

Danville, Shipton, Asbestos obits / marriages available from old scrap book

Danville, Shipton, Asbestos obits / marriages available from old scrap book

Posted: 2 Apr 2012 9:13PM GMT
Classification: Death
Edited: 10 Apr 2012 2:44PM GMT
I've indexed a long list of deaths from this area. Also have many marriage announcements. I will gladly email the indexes in a Word document to you for review. Will scan a clipping and send it to you if interested. I do this just for fun. Most deaths and marriages are between 1885 and 1905.

Re: Danville, Shipton, Asbestos obits available from old scrap book

Posted: 6 Apr 2012 2:36AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello,
I have many families that settled in the area that you posted. Andrews, Pope, Barnard.
Micki M.

Posted: 6 Apr 2012 4:12AM GMT
Andrews and Pope appear in one obit. Isaac Pope died in Aug 1904. Mrs. Edward Andrews sang a solo at the service. Are these folks of yours? If so, I'll gladly scan and email the brief obit.

Ron

Posted: 6 Apr 2012 4:31PM GMT
Surnames: Wright, Adams, Sloan, Jenkerson

I am looking for any information on Rebecca Wright Sloan (Sloane) and Lucy Wright Adams and Cynthia Adams Jenkerson.

Thank you, I look forward to hearing from you.

Posted: 6 Apr 2012 8:28PM GMT
Hello Ron,
Yes, Isaac Pope is one of the desc. of my Pope ancestor. I will have to check on Mrs Edward Andrews for I am not certain at this point who she is. I will check in the 1901 census and see if I can find her.
I am assuming that you own this scrap book where these obits are located. I like to put this information into my documentation notes. Thanks for your help.
Here is my email address: mismicki@aol.com
Micki Mistretta
PS: Do you live in the Eastern Townships? I have been there a couple of times and thought it was beautiful country.

Posted: 6 Apr 2012 8:41PM GMT
We found the old scrap book in an antique store here in Spokane, Washington. (A friend of my wife actually found it, but I'm getting to do the fun stuff with it.) I've already sent numerous scanned images all over the states. One half of the clippings are from the Eastern Provinces and the other half are from the Spokane area.

I am in the process of indexing the weddings from the greater Danville / Shipton region. The obits are finished.

I'll scan the Isaac Pope clipping and get it to you in about one day. As I recall, it isn't one of the "big" ones.

Ron Gibb

Posted: 6 Apr 2012 8:50PM GMT
Hi Ron,
Sure sounds like someone who was from the Eastern Townships later lived in Spokane. How nice that someone found it and knew that you might be interested.
Micki M. (I live in CA)

Posted: 6 Apr 2012 9:12PM GMT
I have no kin in Canada at all, but just do this as a hobby. Actually, I've run up against so many brick walls in my personal tress that I find this a fun diversion.

I just finished the marriage index and found a couple of Andrews names you might have interest in. Let me know and I'll scan them too.

Andrews, Florence W. -- Olney, Arthur 1898
Andrews, Nellie -- Wilson, James C. 1897
Andrews, Fred C. -- Olney, Nora M. 1897

Seems odd, yet possible, that two Andrews siblings might have married two Olney siblings. Talk about a tight family!

Let me know if any of these ring a bell.
Ron

Posted: 6 Apr 2012 9:22PM GMT
Those exact names don't appear on my sorted obit and marriage lists. They might be kin to the few Adams families that I have found though.
OBITS
Adams , Miss Florence M.
Adams , Mr. Thomas 1895
Adams , Mrs. George 1898 age 35
Adams , Nellie 1895 dau of James

Marriages
Adams, Emery and Marston, Clara 1897
Adams, Mary and Griffith, Rev. T.H. 1898

Good luck in your searching. I hope this might have helped.

Ron in Spokane

Posted: 6 Apr 2012 9:34PM GMT
Hi Ron,
Yes, all of these names tie into my Andrews family line and the Olneys tie into my Pope line. I have found lots of intermarriages in the Shipton area becaue the families were protestant and they did not marry into the French catholic families.
You are doing a great service for the genealogy community.
Micki
per page

Find a board about a specific topic