Search for content in message boards

Ponthieux Surname in Louisiana

Ponthieux Surname in Louisiana

Laura Ponthieux (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2002 11:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Mar 2006 12:40AM GMT
Surnames: Ponthieux
Do you know how the name Ponthieux came to this country/ Any other information?

Origins of Ponthieux surname

Adrian Deshotel (View posts)
Posted: 6 Apr 2002 1:03PM GMT
Edited: 20 Mar 2006 12:35AM GMT
Surnames: Ponthieux, Ponthieu
Not quite sure "how" the Ponthieux name arrived in U.S., however, records I have indicate that the name can be traced back to Northern France. In France it is spelled Ponthieu, even to this day. I have some genealogy records on the Ponthieu/Ponthieux family in Louisiana. My paternal grandmother was a Ponthieux, but I can't get verification of her parents, therefore, I can't trace my tree back beyond her (born in 1883).

If you have any info on the Pontheiux family, I'd love to share.

Portrice Ponthieux

Posted: 13 Jun 2002 5:05PM GMT
Edited: 20 Mar 2006 12:36AM GMT
Surnames: Ponthieux
Our grandfather is Portrice Ponthieux. That is as far back as I know about my fathers side of the family. If you have any information I would like to know more.

Re: Origin of name Ponthieux

Robert Ponthieu (View posts)
Posted: 7 Oct 2002 9:37PM GMT
Edited: 20 Mar 2006 12:40AM GMT
Surnames: Ponthieu
I have been doing research on Ponthieu (x) line and would appreciate exchanging e-mails.

Re: Inquiry about Portrice Ponthieux

Posted: 7 Oct 2002 9:46PM GMT
Edited: 20 Mar 2006 12:36AM GMT
Surnames: Ponthieux, Melder
I believe you are referring to Portlice Elphage Ponthieux. He was married to Bernice Melder and lived in Lake Charles. He died in 1970. If you would like to discuss this further please e-mail me. He had sons named Murphy and Sam.

Ponthieu, Ponthier and Ponthieux

Posted: 7 Oct 2002 9:52PM GMT
Edited: 20 Mar 2006 12:37AM GMT
Surnames: Ponthieu, Ponthier, Ponthieux
In researching my family I am quite familiar with the Ponthieu, Ponthier and Ponthieux spellings. I am interested in the name of your grandmother and would like to hear from you.

Re: Ponthieu of Aoyelles Parish

Posted: 3 Jan 2004 5:05AM GMT
Edited: 20 Mar 2006 12:38AM GMT
Surnames: Ponthieu, Ponthieux, Ponthieux
hi my family is also ponthieu/ ponthieux/ ponthieux of louisana/ avoyelles parrish around the bayhills and hessmer area. if you have info for ambrose ponthieu or the 10 children born around that area , please contact me.

Re: Ponthieu of Aoyelles Parish

Adrian Deshotel (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jan 2004 2:22AM GMT
Edited: 20 Mar 2006 12:39AM GMT
Surnames: Ponthieu, Bordelon
I can trace my Ponthieu ancestors back to France before 1830. I can't identify an Ambrose, but my Louisiana Ponthieu is a Valery Ponthieu (twin of Valerine), who married Louise Bordelon in 1973 in Avoyelles Parish. My grandmother, Basilise Marie Ponthieu, was the product of this marriage. Let me know if any of this connects with your family.

Adrian Deshotel

Re: Origins of Ponthieux surname

Posted: 19 Aug 2009 9:02PM GMT
Are you still interested in the Ponthieu (x) family ? If so, please email me at robert@gt.rr.com

Robert Ponthieu

Re: Ponthieu, Ponthier and Ponthieux

Posted: 11 Jan 2011 10:10PM GMT
My maiden name is Ponthieu. I may have some information that would be of help to you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic