Search for content in message boards

Need parents of Jefferson Jones & wife Laura Bellinger in Hillsdale Co., MI 1850-1880

Need parents of Jefferson Jones & wife Laura Bellinger in Hillsdale Co., MI 1850-1880

Posted: 8 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Aug 2001 4:30PM GMT
Surnames: Jones, Bellinger
Am looking for information on JEFFERSON JONES married LAURA
BELLINGER, lived in Hillsdale Co Scorpio Twp about 1850-1880. Moved north to Isabella co Michigan. Had 14 children, Jefferson,Jr.,Arthur,Chris,William,Laura,Charles.
Need parent's of Jefferson and Laura and remaining children's names.
Posted: 23 Jan 2002 5:36PM GMT
Surnames: Jones
Sharon,

This is my great,great,great,great grandfather. Here is some information that you requested. First of all I only have a couple more children than you do. Christopher, William, Jefferson Jr, Laura, Charles, Polly M. and Nancy. Jefferson died in 12-21-1887 and Laura in 1-19-1887. They are both buried in Lincoln Cemetery, Mt. Pleasant, Michigan, Isabella County. I have been researching my Jones Family for about 10 years know. At this time, I have four Generations of Jones on Jefferson Jr line to present.

I would like to share any information you may have. Please send me an e-mail at Jacdean@usa.net.

Thank you.
Jacquelyn (Jones) Perigo

Re: JONES

sharon bouck (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 2002 10:18PM GMT
Surnames: JONES,BELLINGER
Jacquelyn, so glad to finally hear from someone in this Jones family. I have info to share so email me direct at this address.
Sharon
Posted: 10 May 2002 7:32PM GMT
Surnames: Jones
Sharon,

Some more information. First of all Laura's middle initial is C. Her mothers name is Margaret A. Wilson.

Laura's father Philip was born in New York and died in Ohio. Laura's mother was born in Pennyslvania.

What cemetery is Laura & Jefferson buried at in Isabella County? The reason I am asking I might be able to shed some light on the mystery of were both actually passed away.

Talk to you later.

Posted: 8 Apr 2007 3:13PM GMT
Surnames: Jones, Bellinger
I am a from the same Jefferson Jones and Laura C. Bellinger Jones line. I have a list of their children: Polly, Lyman Nancy Lucinda, James(my great, great great grandfather), Christopher,William, Jefferson Jr., Arthur, Laura and Charles are all that I have so far but I was told there were more. Jefferson Jones born 5 November 1808 in Mass. Had a sister Lydia Jones born the 12th of May 1811 in Mass. Lydia married Laura C. Bellinger's(Mrs. Jefferson Jones)brother Adam Bellinger. Jefferson and Laura are buried in the Lincoln Cemetery, near Shephard Michigan. Lydia Jones Bellinger is buried in the McNair Cemetery in Jackson County Michigan. Lydia's husband Adam Bellinger is buried in the Lincoln Cemetery. I have more info if you are interested. I hoping to find someone that has old photos.

Posted: 11 Aug 2007 3:19AM GMT
Surnames: Jones, Detwiler, McCracken, Cross, McQueen, Bellinger
Jefferson and Laura are my 5th generation grand parents. The only parents I have for Jefferson is William Jones and Chloe Sprague this has not been verified. The parents for Laura is Phillip Bellinger and Polly. Jefferson was born in Massachussetts and Laura in New York.

Would like to share information, please reply to jacdean@usa.net

Sincerely,
Jacquelyn Jones

Posted: 11 Jan 2009 2:07AM GMT
Surnames: Jones, Thornton
Is this the same family?
I am descended from a Lucinda Jones who married Sylvester Thornton in 1846. Lucinda was born around July 26, 1824, and died a couple months after her daughter was born in March 1847 (Lucinda died July 20 1847). Lucinda is also buried at McNair Cemetery, in front of a row of Jones'. Also, after Lucinda's death, Sylvester married another Jones, Adeline, born around 1820/21. I haven't yet found records naming parents of either Jones woman, but your mention of a Lucinda, as well as the McNair cemetery made me wonder if this is my line. Any info is appreciated...

Posted: 17 Jul 2012 4:24PM GMT
I am searching for the children of William Jones and Chloe Sprague Jones. I came across Lucinda Jones Thornton in the Mc Nair Cem. database. William and a grandson William Jones are burried there as well as William's daughter Lydia jones Bellinger(wife of Adam Bellinger) I am trying to see if Lewis Jones, Lucinda Jones as well as Adeline JOnes are the children of William and Chloe Jones. That would make them siblings of My great,great, great,great grandfather Jefferson Jones Sr. as well as Lydia Jones(Mrs. Adam Bellinger) Emerson Jones,

Posted: 18 Aug 2012 8:04PM GMT
I think Lucinda, Adeline, Lewis, as well as Emerson, Jefferson and Lydia are probably children of William and Chloe Jones. Unfortunately I haven't found any information that proves the connection. Lucinda Jones is my 3rd great grandmother. After her death her husband married Adeline Jones. I have both of those marriage records, both weddings were in Pulaski, but neither record lists parents. Lewis Jones was listed as a witness to Adeline's marriage, so probably related, but not definite proof. I also have Adeline's death record, but again, no parents listed. Census records say that Adeline was born in Massachusetts about 1821, William & Chloe were married in Buckland, Franklin, MA, and I think living in Hawley, Franklin, MA as of the 1820 census. Buckland vital records before 1873 were destroyed by fire, and there are no Jones listed in Hawley vital records. So no luck there, so far I haven't checked other towns in Franklin though. I think there may be some hints to relationships in the burial order at McNair. All 10 Jones at McNair are buried in the same row (which also includes 4 Mull children), Lucinda is buried right in front of that row. I can post the list in burial order if you don't have it, but this post is getting long. So, anyway, I haven't found anything that disproves a connection, and there's a lot of circumstantial evidence that seems to support a connection, but nothing definite.

Posted: 6 Jan 2013 10:30PM GMT
Sharon I lost your email. Would you please resend so we can share information on the Jones family tree.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions