Search for content in message boards

BOWLING

BOWLING

Marlyne Natali (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BOWLING, BOLLING
I am trying to find information on my BOWLING family line with a connection to Itawamba County. WILLIAM BOWLING, wife CLARISSA AUTREY BOWLING and family were living in Itawamba Co. for the 1860 census. My g grandfather MANNING BOWLING, wife ADILINE "ADDY" CODY BOWLING were on the 1880 census. Four of their children, Hettie Adiline, Hugh Thurston, Manning Lemuel and Barney Buchanan, are said to have been born in Itawamba Co. So far all I have to go on are the two census records.

Bowling/Bolling

Mary Anna Riggan (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bowling, Cody
Sharon Bowling Carter has done great research on these families of Itawamba Co., MS. You can contact her:

Carter-aig@midsouth.com

Mary Anna Riggan

Re: Bowling/Bolling

Posted: 17 Apr 2004 1:43AM GMT
Edited: 20 May 2004 12:39AM GMT
I HAVE TRACED MY ANCESTRY (BOWLING SIDE) BACK TO JAMES AND CARRY BOWLING ON THE 1880 CENSUS FOR ITAWAMBA COUNTY. THEY HAD THREE CHILDREN LISTED - THOMAS, WILEY, AND BARNEY. THOMAS WAS MY GRANDFATHER. THEY LIVED WITH A FEMALE NAMED MARY BOWLING - AGE 65 - SHE IS LISTED AS HEAD OF HOUSEHOLD AND WIDOWED. JAMES IS LISTED AS SON. I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO GO ANY FURTHER BACK THAN THIS. THERE ARE NUMEROUS BOWLINGS IN NE MISS DURING THAT TIME PERIOD, BUT I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO MAKE ANY CONNECTIONS. I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP IN GOING BACK FURTHER FROM JAMES AND CARRY OR IN PROVING THAT MARY IS REALLY JAMES MOTHER. SHE WAS 65--HE WAS 21: A POSSIBLE AGE DIFFERENCE BUT THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN MANY OLDER SIBLINGS FOR JAMES IF MARY WAS HIS MOTHER AND HAD HIM AT THAT LATER AGE.

Re: BOWLING

Posted: 5 Apr 2005 3:43PM GMT
I have two web sites www.bobfears.com and www.irafears.com that give information on your Bowling and
Awtrey lines.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic