Search for content in message boards

Hi All

Posted: 22 Feb 2003 3:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: hazard, perry, champlin, thomas, freeman, hoxie, trim, cheats,bourne, paul, harry, Brown
The internet had truly united Narrgansett families. Peuot,s Niantics and others too (Smile) . Frannette is my lovely wife and I'm using her access to do some research on my family line..
My name is Rodman (Rod) Bourne I currently live in Mays Landing NJ. My father is Rodman D, Bourne and his mother was Harriet Louise (Cheats) Bourne. Her mother was Sarah J. Watson and father Joseph R. Cheats. Sara's mother was Laura Fagins and father Albert Watson. Albert's mother was Flora Grimsbury. My mother was Grace (Gracie) Adams of Providence RI. Her mother was Mary Ann Hazard.. (My Grandmother) her father Was Walter Gustavus Hazard b 1845 and mother Hannah Maria Thomas b May 2, 1852 in Charlestown RI Hannah's Father was Benjamin Thomas born 1823 and mother Mary Ann Hoxie.

I would live to work on developing a tree of the Thomas - Hazard clan ... I also know that I am related to the Pauls, Brown's, Trim's, Warmsley's , and Harry's. and am trying to map that out. Some say I'm tied to the Champlins in addition to the Hazard's and Thomas's.. Can anybody map that out?

Currently using FTM 7.5 for my computer geneology by can share GED Files.

I've been attempting for years to tie more info down beyond what I have.. I can be reached directly at my email via RodmanB294@aol.com and 609 6771233. Rod
Posted: 22 Nov 2007 12:33AM GMT
Hi Rod,
My name is Patricia Rodman Morey.My Dad was William "Rod" Rodman.My GGGGF was Abiathar Rodman who married Mariam Hazard 1-1-1797 SK RI. MARIAM'S FATHER WAS christopher Hazard 1790 census .I too come from Hazard ,Rodman, Brown, Champlin, Hull, and Walmsey an alias for Rodman.Joshua "Bill" Caswell married Louisa Abbe and they had one child..Harriet Louisa"Nellie" who married Charles Champlin.Joshua "Bill" Caswell then remarried to Abby Brown who was a Lantern Hill Indian from LEDYARD,Shewville,Ct.Stuck in a few places with my elusive Rodman's but very passionate about finding my heritage..a quest to finish what my Dad started before he died 2 years ago.I am open to sharing information...not someone who is looking for information and on the other hand won't share what I know. That infuriates the h... out of me.We New Englanders are all somehow connected and if you are on a quest of discovery for your kin...let's share what we know as it can only help and maybe open doors for each other.My email is patricia_morey@hotmail.com

Re: RODMAN alias WALMSEY

Posted: 9 Mar 2008 11:00PM GMT
> Walmsey an alias for Rodman

Could please explain how these surnames came to be an alias for each other ?

Thanks,
NICOLE

Posted: 10 Mar 2008 12:49AM GMT
Philip Walmsey alias Philip Rodman SKRI is what I have come across and I don't know the reason why...but in one census Philip is Philip Rodman and the next census he is Philip Walmsey ...the reason why is my question as well!

Posted: 16 May 2008 1:13PM GMT
Surnames: Rodman Walmsley Caswell Niles Noka
Hi Nicole
I am helping Pat and her cousin research these families.....You ask how Rodman is alias of Walmsley...........They were of Indian heritage...They were slaves of the South Kingstown Rodmans if you google slave of South Kingstown Rodmans you will see what we are talking about........There was a Philip Rodman alias Philip Walmsley.......

Posted: 16 Dec 2008 1:44PM GMT
if you go to heritage quest Revolutionary pensions and put in Phillip Rodman you will see he had an Alias name

Posted: 16 Dec 2008 7:16PM GMT

> if you go to heritage quest Revolutionary pensions and
> put in Phillip Rodman you will see he had an Alias name

I tried to find this but the Hetitage Quest I found asked for a password account which I don't have.
Could you please tell me more details about the info there ?

If you are referring to something else that is freely available on the internet, then could you please give me the exact web address please ?

Thanks,
NICOLE

Posted: 16 Dec 2008 7:26PM GMT
> There was a Philip Rodman alias Philip Walmsley

I am trying to figure out who this guy was ... can you please tell me who this Philip RODMAN was married to or who his parents were?

Thanks,
NICOLE

Posted: 16 Dec 2008 8:25PM GMT
Contact me directly ad I can dowload info for you

Flo
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions