Search for content in message boards

Lucy (Hyde) Swearingen

Lucy (Hyde) Swearingen

Bud Hyde (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 2002 6:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am researching the Hyde family and have been unable to make contact with any descendants of Lucy Hyde, who was a daughter of James Hansford Hyde, and who married Joseph Swearingen. Lucy's siblings were: John Hansford Hyde, Samuel Hyde, Aaron Hyde, William Hyde, Charles Hyde, Lewis Hyde, Addison Hyde and Elizabeth Hyde Brown. I have complete records on all families except for Lucy and have only minimal information on her family. Her children were: Elias Hyde, Hiram Hyde, (Apparently these two were born before her marriage), Eliza Swearingen, Rebecca Swearingen Dugan, Sarah Swearingen Cozard Ewert, Mary Swearingen Cree, Margaret Swearingen Morris, James Swearingen and Lizette Swearingen Ketchem. Would appreciate having any of Lucy's descendants contact me.

Re: Lucy (Hyde) Swearingen

Posted: 4 Dec 2002 3:04PM GMT
Surnames: Hyde Swearingen Cozard Cree Huggins
I have just started looking at this branch of my husband's family. He is descended from Joseph Swearingen and Lucy Hyde > Sarah Jane Swearingen and Alex Cozard > Lewis Ellsworth Cozard and Anna Laura Cree > Friel Cree Cozard and Ida Huggins. The last 4 are all buried in Muddy Creek Cemetery, Khedive, Greene Co., PA. I will email you with the dates & very limited details as I have them.

Bud L. Hyde (View posts)
Posted: 4 Dec 2002 3:29PM GMT
Surnames: Swearingen
This info would be very much appreciated. I wish I could send you something in return, but what I have on that branch of the family is very limited. I do have the Hyde family, with the exception of Lucy and a few others, quite complete.
Thanks for your reply. I shall look forward to receiving your info. Bud Hyde

Posted: 4 Jan 2003 7:59PM GMT
I descend from Lucy (Hyde) & Joseph Swearingen, through their daughter Lizetta who married PETER MORRIS KETCHEM, their son CHARLES HARTFORD KETCHEM who married CARRIE EMMA KETCHEM (the last were my grandparents).
1. I have very little info on Lucy-other than she was born @1810. Joseph Swearingen b. Abt 1806 & died bet. 1870-1880. Joseph was s/o Issac Stull Swearingen & Anna Neal.
2.Lizetta D. Swearingen b 6-20-1857 d. 2-22-1932. She died in the home of her son,my grandfather, Charles Ketchem. My mother remembers her living with them for several years before she died. I have a picture of her and her sister Margaret Thompson S. who married Lindsey Morris. They were tall, austere looking women. My grandmother always said they were part Native American, but I've not been able to find any hint of this. Lizetta was a member of Muddy Creek Presbyterian Church. She & Peter are buried in Green Mount Cemetery in Waynesburg.
1. Do you know what the D. in Lizetta's name stands for?
2. Do you have better dates for Lucy Hyde & Jos. Swearingen?
3. Do you have any info on Lucy Hyde's ancestors beyond Samuel?
I can provide info on Lizetta & Peter Morris Ketchem's children if you'd like. I would appreciate any info you have. Thanks,
Linda Smith

Posted: 1 Feb 2003 3:12AM GMT
Edited: 8 Sep 2003 9:07PM GMT
I have more information on Alex Cozard if you'd like. He was my great-grandfather (with his 2nd wife, Rachel Hart). He and Sarah Swearingen were never married as I understand it. I used to correspond (several years ago) with someone who had quite a bit of information on the Swearingens. I might be able to put you in touch with him.

Posted: 13 Oct 2004 10:40PM GMT
Edited: 19 Feb 2005 3:32PM GMT
hi we have jayne doyne (hyde) in our family she married thomas van swearingen .their stats as follows
1thomas van swearingen
b.1660
p dutch colony DE
m
d 1687
p prince george MD
Father.garrett van swearingen b4 feb 1636 beinstirdam unitnetherland holland m. about 1662. d.4 feb 1698
Mother.barbara deBarrette b1639/43 valance france.d.1675

garrett's father albert van swearingen b1610 reinstsweden
holland
mother mary unknown b 1614 p. reinstsweden
holland

2.jayne doyne (hydr)
b.1660/1668
psomersetco. MD
d1 june 1716
p prince george MD

Father joshua doyne b1634 d.1738 both in somerset co MD
mother jane sanders b.1642 in somerset MD d.1738 st
mary co MD

joshua' doyne parents are as follows
Father william doyne.b abt1610 p. carrichfergie Ireland d. ? p charles MD
Mother unknown wharton b.1612 p. charles maryland
hopefully this will help you in some way thisis as far as i have been able to go on the doyne(hyde) family so if u can send me any more information on the doyne. family thanks carole

Posted: 14 May 2008 3:39PM GMT
Surnames: Hyde, Swearingen & Doyne
Hi Bud:
I am looking for information on another Hyde/Swearingen connection and hope you might be able to help me. My 7g grandfather, Thomas Swearingen, Jr. (b c1665 and d1710) was married to Jane - either Hyde or Doyne. I have found no proof that his wife was Jane Doyne but strong hints that it was Jane Hyde. Perhaps Jane Hyde married a Doyne before marrying Thomas Swearingen. Do you have any information on a Jane Hyde living in the 1600s in Maryland?
Thanks,
Jim

Posted: 7 Jun 2011 4:15PM GMT
Surnames: Hyde, Swearingen
1. Dayton.
2. Lucy- 1810-1833 Joseph- 1803-1865
3. no, sorry. :(

I decend from Lizetta too. :)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions